Main Menu

Barnfind 1970 Barracuda

Started by soundcontrol, March 07, 2020, 01:28:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

soundcontrol

Quote from: JS29 on April 11, 2020, 08:42:15 AM
Dose your overhead consolett function properly? Mine was just there for the ride when i got my car. It was a brain teaser, but it's all better now.  :D

Just read about guide coat, gonna get some. Not that it matters what the Cuda looks like in the end, just for practice.
I have not tried all the electricals yet, my alternator is not working so fixing that is step one, then I can check everything.
I don't even know whats in the overhead console.

JS29

Door ajar, low fuel, Fasten seat belts warning light's. and dome light, witch they make new lenses for.  :yes: 

soundcontrol

Quote from: JS29 on April 11, 2020, 09:21:02 AM
Door ajar, low fuel, Fasten seat belts warning light's. and dome light, witch they make new lenses for.  :yes:

Cool. Do you know if there is wiring schematics anywhere for the Gran Coupé?

76orangewagon

soundcontrol

Thanks! I wonder how the low fuel lamp works, is there a separate sensor for that or does it read the voltage on the fuel meter somehow?

JS29

@soundcontrol  A relay #2983828, located to the right of the glove compartment.  :yes:

soundcontrol

The e-body curse!  :o
Major construction flaw.

JS29

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

soundcontrol

Done with the driver side quarter fix. What a patchwork. I managed to get it done with the rest of the left fender and a piece of the old rear valance. I took a long piece of the top edge from the fender and borrowed a shrink/stretcher from a friend, managed to make a long piece of the wheelhouse lip that way.
Not perfect but at least not just rust. I'm sure it will hold up over the summer!  :D

The body filler is difficult, I don't know how much to apply or how to apply it.
Even when I apply that stuff I can feel that it not straight, I put too much in one spot and too little in another... :dunno:
Looks so easy on YouTube...

Borrowed some sanders, but they seem to be pretty crappy.
tested a bit on the right quarter.

anlauto

Quote from: soundcontrol on April 18, 2020, 11:09:42 AM
Done with the driver side quarter fix. What a patchwork. I managed to get it done with the rest of the left fender and a piece of the old rear valance.  I took a long piece of the top edge from the fender and borrowed a shrink/stretcher from a friend, managed to make a long piece of the wheelhouse lip that way.

I guess if you sell the car and say "....all original metal" .....you wouldn't be lying... :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

soundcontrol

Last fix on the exterior, no more rust holes.
Just the drivers side floor to fix.

soundcontrol

Found a mummy in the frame!

Scooter

^^ Don't disturb the corpse.. you'll be cursed! Put it back in the frame and let it ride.  ;)

soundcontrol

Last rust fix on the list! Check.