Main Menu

I bought a new car...UPDATE PICTURES

Started by anlauto, October 01, 2018, 07:52:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

mopar thunder

Congrats!  :bigthumb: That looks like a really nice build. It has some decent options but the BCS is the key as you said. Good luck with however you go with it.

Cudagirl3406

CONGRATS!  Can't wait to hear more about it  :bradsthumb:

benlavigne

Congrats Alan!
Was that two hours North, East or West? ;-)

Ben

anlauto

Quote from: benlavigne on October 02, 2018, 05:16:30 AM
Congrats Alan!
Was that two hours North, East or West? ;-)

Ben

It was actually South, about an hour and a half away in a small town in the Niagara Region, but it spent time in my Hometown of Burlington. I remember seeing the car in the late 80's early 90's near a friends house.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

superdave

:barf: That console!  :unbelievable: Bench seat column shift auto AAR!! :wowzers:  :banana: :banana: 8) If my pockets were deep you would have your flip completed already. :twothumbsup:

xx88man

Nice find Alan. I wish I had the cash!  :popcorn:
Keep yer foot in it

moparcar

Great car Alan! That will be beautiful and very unique when complete with the bench/auto combo. I'm sure you'll find a client in no time. I can't wait to see your restoration on this. It still amazes me how many of these cars are still out there.

Wes

RUNCHARGER

It will look good restored, maybe with stickers!
Sheldon

anlauto

Today I cleaned out the trunk to find 100% of the original trunk floor with no patch work....there is minor rust and I'm sure a lot of pin holes once blasted, but at this point I don't think a full replacement is required. This is the first car I've restored that had whole trunk extensions in it :bigthumb:, again, I think both can be saved. The quarters must have had patches at the bottom, but until they're stripped, it's anybody's guess as to how bad....again, no full panel replacement in my opinion....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Moving forward...I pulled the seats out, the guy had painted the interior black, glued on some heavy insulation and then a nice velvet carpet...

Once removed :pullinghair: it releveled 100% of the original floors, again no ugly patches, no major Fred Flintstone stuff. I will be able to save all of it with no full panel replacement....

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

anlauto

Does anybody read Spanish ? Looks like the car spent time in Mexico ....I'm assuming it would have been prior to 1973 ? With this sticker expiring then ? :thinking:
It's a Canadian ordered car so no funny export stuff going on :dunno:

anlauto

Overall...The only disappointment today is that the transmission is NOT numbers matching :crying: and it's out of a 1971 car

anlauto

So the BIG QUESTION ....WHAT'S IT WORTH ? :popcorn:

anlauto

oh....and only minor rust and odd holes in the engine compartment. I did fire and run the engine for about 45 seconds too :looney: