Main Menu

I bought a new car...UPDATE PICTURES

Started by anlauto, October 01, 2018, 07:52:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GCragtop

anlauto

@FlatlandTA I got your PM, all the details of the car are in this thread  :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dave73

Not having the #'s matching motor, would be an awesome candidate for a hellcrate

anlauto

Quote from: dave73chally on October 04, 2018, 06:42:46 AM
Not having the #'s matching motor, would be an awesome candidate for a hellcrate

Yea for sure ! As soon as you buy it, I can get started on that for you  :bigmoney: :yes: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

kdcarman

Quote from: anlauto on October 03, 2018, 03:13:15 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on October 03, 2018, 02:01:35 PM
  Is it a $25K to $30k car as it sits?  Not needing a lot of metal work is a big plus.

Is it ? What does everybody think about it's current value...

I believe $40k would be fair value - especially when you consider the solid metal.  Having the original trunk pan in place provides an overall indication that the metal is solid on the overall car. 

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: kdcarman on October 04, 2018, 07:51:17 AM
Quote from: anlauto on October 03, 2018, 03:13:15 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on October 03, 2018, 02:01:35 PM
  Is it a $25K to $30k car as it sits?  Not needing a lot of metal work is a big plus.

Is it ? What does everybody think about it's current value...

I believe $40k would be fair value - especially when you consider the solid metal.  Having the original trunk pan in place provides an overall indication that the metal is solid on the overall car.

Original metal is nice but that trunk floor isn't that clean, once blasted I suspect it will be getting replaced.... Missing engine & trans, Auto on the column, bench seat, no Rally dash, no rubber bumpers, single mirror.... Needs a complete resto & will always be a low option car missing its drivetrain.....  30K is all the money & then some IMO..

anlauto

I've restored a couple of cars, in my opinion, the trunk floor can be saved with small sections replace HOWEVER I agree whole heartedly that after media blasting, it might be a whole different story. :unbelievable:

anlauto

How much difference would have a non-matching number TA block in the car(or with the car) ?

Would it increase the resale value or only the resale potential ?

How much should I invest in a TA block and will I see return on that investment ?

Cudajason

I have no idea on the value...but I like it!!

Good luck with it.  I hope we get to watch it being restored!

If you want to sell those MT valve covers, just let me know, I will pop over with $50.00!!

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Cuda Cody

IMO =

Numbers Matching = full value

Non numbers,  but real T/A block = 5% to 8% less than #'s

Non numbers = 10% to 15% less than #'s

anlauto

Quote from: Cudajason on October 04, 2018, 09:06:34 AM
I have no idea on the value...but I like it!!

Good luck with it.  I hope we get to watch it being restored!

If you want to sell those MT valve covers, just let me know, I will pop over with $50.00!!

Jason

@Cudajason any day...those valve covers are yours ! I have the originals in the trunk I can put on...

dave73

Quote from: anlauto on October 04, 2018, 06:52:11 AM
Quote from: dave73chally on October 04, 2018, 06:42:46 AM

Yea for sure ! As soon as you buy it, I can get started on that for you  :bigmoney: :yes: :haha:

I wish, no way I could afford that. Unless my 73 challenger is worth big money all of a sudden!!  :drunk:

HP_Cuda

The tough part is non-numbers trans and motor.

But I think if you got a period trans and TA motor you would prob take like a 10-15% hit which is not bad. The downside is how much will you have to pay for both the motor and trans and would it be worth it?

Here is a trans for an AAR:
https://orlando.craigslist.org/pts/d/mopar-speed-parts-hi/6702466964.html 2k not rebuilt (not super necessary)

Unfortunately you would have to find a TA motor since there are none out there. This could be a cost prohibitive endeavor.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Aar1064

Quote from: Cuda Cody on October 04, 2018, 09:15:46 AM
IMO =

Numbers Matching = full value

Non numbers,  but real T/A block = 5% to 8% less than #'s

Non numbers = 10% to 15% less than #'s

:iagree: