Main Menu

New project for A.G.A.R.

Started by anlauto, October 25, 2018, 06:04:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

700 AKN

I'm also looking forward to following this restoration with great anticipation.
I'm wondering if Alan plans on cleaning up the St. Thomas Chrysler emblem on the rear panel and re-attaching it?
It would be a great discussion piece.

anlauto

Quote from: 700 AKN on October 25, 2018, 09:49:30 PM

I'm also looking forward to following this restoration with great anticipation.
I'm wondering if Alan plans on cleaning up the St. Thomas Chrysler emblem on the rear panel and re-attaching it?
It would be a great discussion piece.

It's made of plastic, and held in place with two-way tape. I need to find a place that can re-chrome plastic and then I'll restore it, but this time use magnetic strip to hold it on whenever you feel you want it on there.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudagirl3406

I am sure @SYDWAZ can't wait to get behind that wheel again and row those gears!!!   :burnout:

Something about FF4; very familiar!!   :bigthumb:

RUNCHARGER

I think this will be my favorite car that you've done Alan.
Sheldon

xx88man

This is a really nice project. I'm looking forward to seeing it come together
Keep yer foot in it

anlauto

I'm looking forward to see it coming apart  :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

HP_Cuda

Black over spray in the engine compartment as well in the trunk, pretty odd.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Brads70

Wow battery tray and inner fender underneath are not even rotted out!  :bradsthumb:
Cool car!  I'm guessing the black in the trunk was a spray bomb attempt at stopping some rust?

nsmall

Way to hang on to your AAR and way to be brave enough to have it redone.  I totally get the itch to bring it back to its original glory and  :fingerscrossed: that it will return to you better than you found it 48 years ago.   :bradsthumb:

Shoooter

neat car! following this one close. you dont see many like this anymore. I'm guessing this one will show everyone some cool factory secrets

YellowThumper

Awsome to see these survivors.
Especially ones that were built to be hammered on.
Looking forward to following this and then the follow up black stripe video. Lol

Mike.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

1Burgfish

:wrenching: Cool to see these survivor cars coming out of the woodwork; cool restoration project. My favorite restoration from Alan was Barrelcuda that car was brought back from the dead a lot of metal work done on that one. :twothumbsup:

Brian

Nice looking AAR!

I'm currently restoring a T/A in the same color FF4. I'm looking at paint and wondering what you would be using ? A friend of mine is painting the car and he is very practiced at it and we are looking at colors the few samples we have gotten for FF4 seem just a bit darker than what was on my car.

Thanks
Brian.

anlauto

We have to use a water based paint up here ibn Canada due to regulations so it's a totally different ball game.

There was another member here who had a beautiful representation of the FF4 colour on his freshly restored car and I had him share his mix code, here it is...

js27

Nice to have a great car 1 owner car to start with. All the hidden details it will reveal.
Looking forward to see the progress.
JS27