Main Menu

RUSTY Triple Black 340 Barracuda project, soon to be aar style 70 clone

Started by silver70, June 15, 2017, 07:31:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

silver70

Real triple black 340 car, no fender tag and was stripped as a parts car... can't blame them, it is rusty and considered a parts or scrap to most.  I wanted to find a project like this so I could modify however I wanted, use all new steel and drive it daily in the summer like it's some car and not some super valuable real cuda.  Every panel will basically be new on the exterior.  Plan is keep it black, modernized the interior some, 5.7 or 6.1 hemi and od or t56 trans and drive it. 

I've done worse cars, I learned on a car that need both full rear rails and a lot more.  It's just much easier to do them now with all the full factory style panels. 

So here's a pic of it on the trailer after it got home and after cutting off the rusty parts... full rear left rail is getting replaced, ps is just getting the last foot or so replaced. 

This is as of today, so no more pics to post until I get more work done.

Cuda Cody

Looks like the perfect car to have fun with and do whatever you want.   :twothumbsup:  Glad to see another one being saved.   :clapping:  Let us know if we can help with anything.

silver70

Ive bought every new panel already for it, quarters, 1pc trunk, extensions, outer wheel houses, full floor, one rear center, door skins, fenders, left rail and partial right rail... valance, trunk lid and more.  I'll keep watching the parts for sale for other parts I need.  I've been told I'm crazy, but loves these kind of projects.

Rev-It-Up

Wow!  I am amazed by people like you who have the skill and courage to go that deep into a car.  Wish I had "Master of Molten Metal" skills! I look forward to watching this build.  :yes:
Rev-It-Up

Spikedog08

Looks like a challenging project . . . alittle much for me.  Look forward to watching that one come together!   

:worship:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cudakiller70

Wow! Glad your saving it. Looks scary hard, I've never done anything close to that. Hope you can post a bunch, want to see it come back to life :burnout: :stayinlane:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

silver70

Cut off, sort of the driver side rail, it pretty much fell off... got the new rail fitted and ps rear section, spent a ton of time measuring and squaring.  Tomorrow if it doesn't rain, I'll weld it all in place.  Would be better done inside, but just a side project to fill in down time.

Cuda Cody

Shoooter

This is going to be a good project to watch. Maybe some motivation for me to get going

silver70

Well then here's some more motivation for you... Got the rails welded in and fit and welded in the trunk floor also.  Need to fix the inner wheelhouses today and weld them to the floor and on to the floors.  Not sure when amd order will arrive with the quarters, but that will be hold up on rest of the rear.   Although progress will slow when the order comes in as I needed parts for the other project.

LinceCuda

Great to see one that others surely said  couldn't be brought back. I'll be watching for sure.

Cuda Cody

The before and after photos on this project is going to be some o the best.  Can't wait to see more.  Keep up the good work.  :twothumbsup:

Chryco Psycho

I f you are thinking of tubbing it now is the time !! I would seriously be looking at doing that , use  a B body diff  fit some serious 315 tires in there  :ohyeah: