Main Menu

M46 scoop details

Started by cuda hunter, May 22, 2020, 10:36:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mr Cuda

I thought I searched fall of your m46 threads.
I missed this one.
Did you really pay that much for a blistered single scoop?

Mr Lee

That black paint at the bottom of the car... was that only for M46 cars?  It looks good but I can't recall ever seeing that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

anlauto

Quote from: Mr Lee on April 19, 2022, 03:44:28 AM
That black paint at the bottom of the car... was that only for M46 cars?  It looks good but I can't recall ever seeing that before.

Yup, only part of the M46 package as far as I know  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Quote from: Mr Cuda on April 18, 2022, 07:42:14 PM
I thought I searched fall of your m46 threads.
I missed this one.
Did you really pay that much for a blistered single scoop?

Yes, yes I did.  And I purchased it from a good man who would have given it to me for cheaper if he had purchased it for cheaper. 
The first purchase is always the most expensive and most sought after.  I was prepared to pay my way into the scoop information. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

I saw today on the fakebook  ebodies.org page that @krazy931 ask a Don P. information on where the holes on the car are located for the studs and screws. 
Steve, give me a few days and I will post the locations of the holes on the actual cars.  I will compare a few different cars. 
  This information is something that I should have listed on this thread in the first place.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention, even if indirectly. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

N2MOPAR

Quote from: cuda hunter on April 24, 2022, 11:55:51 AM
I saw today on the fakebook  ebodies.org page that @krazy931 ask a Don P. information on where the holes on the car are located for the studs and screws. 
Steve, give me a few days and I will post the locations of the holes on the actual cars.  I will compare a few different cars. 
  This information is something that I should have listed on this thread in the first place.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention, even if indirectly.

A template for the hole locations would be awesome.  :bigthumb:

cuda hunter

@N2MOPAR

I have yet to get that template for the holes.   Will try to do that today after some yard work.
Do you have an M46 car?  I would love to know the details.

larry4406

I'm surprised these aren't reproduced. Seems in todays age could digitally scan one, make a reverse for the other side, then 3-D print away...

cuda hunter

I purchased this scoop this year at Carlisle.

About 20 weeks ago on the ebodies.org facebook group a fell named Gary Thomas on March 6th listed a single drivers side scoop with no price. He said he would price them in a few days but if someone wanted to offer him a reasonable price he would sale.  I pm'd him and tried to get an idea of what he wanted for the one scoop.  Since I didn't throw him an offer directly we did not come to a price for the scoop. 
  Skip forward to Carlisle this year.  Apparently, he brought the scoop to carlisle and then sold the scoop to DJ, the aar guy out of Ohio.  DJ put them on a florescent green big piece of paper so the scoop would not be missed.   
  A good member here contacted me while at carlisle and told me about another member here that had the location.  I finally got the location and showed up first thing Saturday morning to purchase this scoop.  I'm sure I paid an up charge from whatever Gary got rid of the one scoop for as DJ specifically said he has to make something on the scoop.  I paid up and purchased the scoop.

It is rusty.  Has rust spots coming through the front unfortunately.    Typical for the metal backed scoops. 

anlauto

Have you ever talked to Tommy The Chryco about having these made out of the same material he makes the Cuda bumpers out of ? or even repaired ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

N2MOPAR

Quote from: cuda hunter on July 24, 2022, 08:16:20 AM

About 20 weeks ago on the ebodies.org facebook group a fell named Gary Thomas on March 6th listed a single drivers side scoop with no price. He said he would price them in a few days but if someone wanted to offer him a reasonable price he would sale.  I pm'd him and tried to get an idea of what he wanted for the one scoop.  Since I didn't throw him an offer directly we did not come to a price for the scoop. 
  Skip forward to Carlisle this year.  Apparently, he brought the scoop to carlisle and then sold the scoop to DJ, the aar guy out of Ohio.  DJ put them on a florescent green big piece of paper so the scoop would not be missed.   
  A good member here contacted me while at carlisle and told me about another member here that had the location.  I finally got the location and showed up first thing Saturday morning to purchase this scoop.  I'm sure I paid an up charge from whatever Gary got rid of the one scoop for as DJ specifically said he has to make something on the scoop.  I paid up and purchased the scoop.

It is rusty.  Has rust spots coming through the front unfortunately.    Typical for the metal backed scoops.

Cuda Hunter, I also tried multiple times to come to an agreement with Gary Thomas....

cuda hunter

Quote from: N2MOPAR on July 24, 2022, 08:40:03 AM
Quote from: cuda hunter on July 24, 2022, 08:16:20 AM

Cuda Hunter, I also tried multiple times to come to an agreement with Gary Thomas....

hahaha.  At least I know it wasn't just me.  Have you found a set of scoops yet? 

cuda hunter

Quote from: anlauto on July 24, 2022, 08:28:09 AM
Have you ever talked to Tommy The Chryco about having these made out of the same material he makes the Cuda bumpers out of ? or even repaired ?

Actually no.  I even chatted with mr. chryco at the show.  Didn't even cross my mind.   :bricks:
Good idea.  Will pursue that conversation.

My personal plan, is to have a cnc guy I know make me a set of these out of aluminum. 

But that is why I'm trying to find one NOS scoop.      Know of anyone?   I know of one, but I can't seem to get in contact with him. 

krazy931

Wow looks to be in pretty good condition!

krazy931

This may never come to fruition, but on my busy schedule I've been working on making some 3d files for these scoops, my files were corrupted buy eventually I'll get back to getting these models mocked up