Main Menu

M46 scoop details

Started by cuda hunter, May 22, 2020, 10:36:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

They were reproduced by Scott smith with Harm's auto. 

If I can find an NOS set, I'm going to do at least one set of aluminum's. 
Then go from there. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Quote from: krazy931 on July 24, 2022, 11:39:35 AM
This may never come to fruition, but on my busy schedule I've been working on making some 3d files for these scoops, my files were corrupted buy eventually I'll get back to getting these models mocked up
Nice.  Is that scanned off of the Harm's reproductions? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

krazy931

Yes they are... hoping to get new scans and remodel them a bit, and see about getting them 3d metal printed

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

cuda hunter

Bpret

Question does anyone know if the tail panel got blacked out with the M46 package? I always thought barracudas had argent paint on tail panels unless it was ordered with rubber rear bumper.

cuda hunter

Yes, All M46 barracuda's received a blacked out panel.

Gran Coupe's had a silver tail panel
Standard, non M46 optioned Barracuda's got a colored tail panel.

I think that's correct. 

krazy931

if it loads heres a slightly better rendered version

cuda hunter

Scoop installation details
The bottom holes would be dictated by the scoop being installed with the two top studs.
Then the phillips screws would hold the bottom of the scoops on through the 4 holes. 

cuda hunter

A few more

cuda hunter

The stripes are centered 4" from the bottom of the door.
Centered at 8" from the bottom body line.

YellowThumper

Would love to see one with these in person.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

cuda hunter

Quote from: YellowThumper on July 24, 2022, 08:26:14 PM
Would love to see one with these in person.

Apparently, the only known one that comes to car shows is at this car show that happens every week between Memorial day and Labor day.  https://georgieporgies.com/summer-car-shows/

N2MOPAR

hahaha.  At least I know it wasn't just me.  Have you found a set of scoops yet?
[/quote]

I have not, I have come to the conclusion I will be making them. I think I have enough details with the pictures I have.
Just wish I had at least one as a sample....
I do have them somewhat mocked up...

cuda hunter

Looking pretty cool! 

I see a CNC run of a few of these scoops in the future.

N2MOPAR

Had to rethink how I was going to make thesse after making a one out of sheet metal. I started with rod and made a frame. Not sure if I'm going to use sheet metal or Fiberglass to finish it.