Main Menu

Hot Rod's Drag week 2018

Started by Brads70, September 19, 2018, 10:43:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on September 19, 2018, 06:01:11 PM
Looks like tiring fun.

It was very fun, just the heat but I was getting pretty acclimated near the end of the week.
Ready to move to SC now!  :yes:
Marks Barracuda's best time was 10.7ish seemed slower than what it's done before but everyone's times were slower due to the heat/humidity and altitudes.

Brads70

We ate at a great BBQ in Charlotte thought of Ian! @jimynick

Brads70

:takepicture:

Brads70

:takepicture:

jimynick

LOL! Thanks Brad! I also liked the "Jim and Nick's BBQ" pic and will tell the boys that they've been holding out on the old man! I'll also have to rag Mark about those pants! Beautiful scenery, eh? Looks like you guys had a great time!  :twothumbsup:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Cuda Cody

Great photos!!!  Looks like a blast.   :veryexcited:

Burdar

Brad, can you explain in more detail the "impound" procedure?  I know the fastest cars get put in "impound".  I guess I'm not sure what that is exactly.  Are they just put in a certain area and only people in that area can help them work on the car? 

IIRC in years past, some people would enter a really slow car just so they were on hand to tune and work on the really fast cars.

Brads70

Quote from: Burdar on September 20, 2018, 07:04:19 AM
Brad, can you explain in more detail the "impound" procedure?  I know the fastest cars get put in "impound".  I guess I'm not sure what that is exactly.  Are they just put in a certain area and only people in that area can help them work on the car? 

IIRC in years past, some people would enter a really slow car just so they were on hand to tune and work on the really fast cars.

The impound area is close to the staging lanes usually wide open for everyone to see. Taped off with yellow caution tape. You are only allowed the driver and one other crew guy aka the navigator to work on the car as far as I understand it. I think it's the top 3 cars in each class.

Burdar

It used to be a whole crew working on them.  That's what they wanted to get away from. Makes sense.