Main Menu

Hotel reservations for 2019.

Started by MEK-Dangerous, August 31, 2018, 10:46:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

@Spikedog08 One thing I have found is that if you book direct usually the cancellation policy is very good, sometimes the same day. If it's cheaper online and you tell them they will usually match it.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Crocha617

Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 03, 2018, 08:13:56 AM
I just tried to reserve a room at the Park Inn by Radisson at 5401 Carlisle Pike and it also says there's not any available.   :(  It sounds like a great place.  @Brads70  do you already have your room there?

Cody call the hotel directly and ask for the group booking manager. The people that typically answer the phone are clueless.  I already made mine with her about a month ago and it was $119 per night I booked for thursday and friday.  It will sell out soon but it shouldn't be yet. There is nothing available online yet but don't wait it will just be the same price or higher.
There's acres of room in the parking lot. If we can't grab a corner out back there is always plenty of room out front.

anlauto

I'm booked at the Motel 6 again....over 20 years in a row likely... :deadhorse:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Crocha617

I just called the Park Inn and they have plenty of rooms still available for that weekend. Just tell the person at the front desk its for the Chrysler 2019 show and the rate is actually $121/night. I'm booked July 11-13th (I typically leave Saturday afternoon)

BB73Challenger

I stayed at that Park Inn the last time I was at Carlisle 2 years ago and our room wasn't the newest but it was clean, I parked right outside the room, and my son liked the trivia night they were doing in the Pub up front.

Spikedog08

I would really like everyone to stay at the same hotel . . . Or at least be close!  That is the whole point of having the club meet at Carlisle!  Let's pick a hotel area that supports that! 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: Spikedog08 on October 29, 2018, 08:59:43 PM
I would really like everyone to stay at the same hotel . . . Or at least be close!  That is the whole point of having the club meet at Carlisle!  Let's pick a hotel area that supports that!

:yes:

I agree, and that was my point in starting this thread. I just hate that everyone is scattered out when we are there.

Cuda Cody

Quote from: Spikedog08 on October 29, 2018, 08:59:43 PM

:iagree:  :yes:  That's really a value add for me. 

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

benlavigne

.... Following, I'd love to stay at the same hotel as other E-bodies.org members...

Ben

Pentastarnut

following this thread as i'm interested in going as well

Spikedog08

We should probably make a decision soon so everyone can get a room together!   :grouphug:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

Right now I'm 80% sure my wife and I are going to go.

Quote from: anlauto on October 30, 2018, 02:01:43 PM
Cody...Are you going in 2019 ?

Pentastarnut

do they have a class for under construction ? i doubt i'll be ready be then  :wrenching:

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: Pentastarnut on November 15, 2018, 11:30:47 AM
do they have a class for under construction ? i doubt i'll be ready be then  :wrenching:

I'm sure your post was in jest, but the fun field has been known to have a few vehicles that aren't moving under their own power. People trailer them in, and drop them off in the appropriate location on the show field. See my exhibit A below.

I know you are a long way from Carlisle, but we would be glad to have you join us without your car.