Main Menu

Update from Carlisle Events!

Started by Spikedog08, March 17, 2020, 01:13:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

Hopefully you are enjoying the warmer weather and the later daylight hours!  Before you know it, we will be in car show season yet again.  Here at Carlisle Events, we are getting ready for what will certainly be another great event and we have some exciting stuff for you to share with your club.  We also have some new clubs to welcome since the last club leader update in February.  Let's get to it!

Cristy Lee Comes to Carlisle Chrysler Nationals in 2020

We are extremely pleased to announce that Cristy Lee, host of All Girls Garage, Garage Squad, Barrett-Jackson Auctions, Dodge spokesperson and more, will be joining us at the show this year! Cristy has been working for Dodge for several years hosting various events, appearing in commercials and more. We have been trying to put this together for at least 3 years but her busy schedule kept getting in the way. She really wanted to attend this show so she held the date on her calendar and we were finally able to pull it off.  Find out more in the following link: https://www.carlisleevents.com/events/events-detail/index?id=chrysler+nationals&urlname=meet-automotive-tv-personality-cristy-lee

Butch Leal Comes to Carlisle Chrysler Nationals in 2020

We always try to give you the most bang for your buck and this year is no different. We have officially added Mopar Hall of Famer and Pro Stock Pioneer Butch Leal to the guest list! Butch was here a few years ago but he didn't get to spend much time at the event. This year will be different as Butch will be one of our main guests and he'll be appearing with at least one of his original Pro Stock cars, specifically his '75 Duster!  Find out more in the following link: https://www.carlisleevents.com/events/events-detail/index?id=chrysler+nationals&urlname=meet-butch-leal-the-california-flash

2020 Displays Announced:

1970 was arguably the pinnacle year for Mopar in terms of vehicles. Either way, this year we celebrate the 50th anniversary of what was new in 1970 and it's a lot. We will be hosting a number of displays, anniversaries, and reunions this year as noted below:

50th Anniversary of the Superbird in Building T
50th Anniversary of the Duster in Building T
50th Anniversary of the Challenger in Building T
50th Anniversary of Pro Stock in Building T
50th Anniversary of the AAR & T/A In Building Y
50th Anniversary of the 1970 Charger on the Showfield
25th Anniversary of the Neon on the Showfield
Celebration of the CSS/HPP Trucks on the Showfield
Applications are now being accepted through April.  Those who wish to apply can do so on www.CarlisleFeatures.com. 

2020 Club Tent Forms Due April 6th!

If your club is unsure if you hit 25 Cars in 2019, please feel free to reach out to me and we can look at your registrations.  Please don't wait, get your form in before the April 6th deadline!  For those that have done so already, we thank you!

Dodge Display and Thrill Rides Return!

We met with folks from Dodge back at the end of February and they were eager to confirm their return this year! That's always great news. No other manufacturer comes to Carlisle and gives free rides in their 700+ horsepower cars. We are also working on some other new ideas with Dodge for this year. Stay tuned for more info as it becomes available.

Mopar Show in Lakeland, Florida!

About a month ago we were in Florida for our Lakeland Winter Autofest event and new this year was the addition of a Mopar display within the show. For a first time event, it was pretty awesome! Herb McCandless and his son, Mike, brought out 3 cars from their collection: the only 1970 Sox & Martin Hemicuda ever built with a real Hemicuda (R code) VIN, Herb's real LO23 '68 Hemi Dart as well as his '72 Demon. They have even bigger plans for their display at Carlisle! Collector Todd Werner also brought 3 cars from his collection. Todd showed up with THE Richard Petty Superbird, Dick Landy's '68 Hemi Dart (another real LO23 car) and his Sox & Martin '68 Hemi Barracuda (real BO29 car).

The 1970 Anniversary Display was meant to represent all of the shows in Carlisle with one car per show. But, we had the room and the Mopar faithful submitted more cars than the other shows so we put 3 Mopars in that display. All of this was supported by about 100 show cars in the Mopar field. Not bad for a first year effort. We have big plans to grow this portion of the show, and the entire show, for next year. If you're going to be in or near Lakeland, FL February 19-21, 2021, you should check it out!  You can read more about the event at https://carlisleevents.com/events/events-detail/index?id=winter+autofest+lakeland

We want to connect with your Club's Facebook Pages and Events!

There is no denying Facebook has become a medium that many of you and your members use to communicate on daily basis.  We want to connect our page with your club and your club's Event Page for the Chrysler Nationals.  Our social media team is looking to connect so your club has the latest info and can answer questions quickly for you.  If you have a club Facebook Page or Group, please share it with Clubs@CarlisleEvents.com so we can include you in this program.  This includes your Carlisle Chrysler Nationals Facebook events that many of you have already setup!

COVID-19

There's really no way we can communicate with you without at least mentioning the Coronavirus. As this is being written, we have not made any changes to our 2020 schedule. However, that could change based on recent events. If we make any changes to our schedule (for any of our shows), we will announce it far and wide including but not limited to social media and our website. So, before you send an email or message us on Facebook, check our website. Hopefully, everything is back to normal by July but we are taking this seriously. We already have a plan in place to protect our guests as well as our staff. You can read our official announcement here: https://carlisleevents.com/docs/default-source/resources-documents/carlisle-events-statement---covid-19-outbreak.pdf

In closing and as always, if you have any questions comments or concerns, my door is always open.  Feel free to reach out via email or phone as well as stop in if you are in the area.  We are here to make sure your club has the best time possible at our event!

Thank you and I look forward to seeing you in July!!

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Brads70

:fingerscrossed:  that this will be over by then ....... I'm not so sure though

7E-Bodies

Wouldn't it just figure...50th anniversary. I have reservations, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

MEK-Dangerous

If they cancel the show. We can have our own in the club parking lot at the Hotel. I'm in.   :D

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

If activities are still cancelled by the time Carlisle comes around people will be shooting themselves from boredom and anything else that moves as well.
Sheldon

Brads70

Cudajason

Quote from: Brads70 on March 18, 2020, 04:09:11 PM
Quote from: anlauto on March 18, 2020, 03:00:22 PM
I doubt it will go ahead  :'(

Sadly I agree.....  :('

REALLY?!?!?!?! 

I figured it was far enough out that it would not be an issue! 

:fingerscrossed:

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Mr Lee

Ok lets not get ahead of ourselves now. Think positive. It's still a few months away. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

dodj

It took China about 4 months to get out from under it. We've learned alot from what China had to go through. I figure we will be ok in less than 4 months, about mid June, and Carlisle will be ok. But people will be hesitant so numbers may be down. Just my  :alan2cents:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Rich G.

I'm hoping there will be a spring Carlisle! It would really suck if the Mopar show is cancelled. If it is they should move it to September or October.

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on March 18, 2020, 05:28:31 PM
It took China about 4 months to get out from under it. We've learned alot from what China had to go through. I figure we will be ok in less than 4 months, about mid June, and Carlisle will be ok. But people will be hesitant so numbers may be down. Just my  :alan2cents:

That's if you believe China got their first case when they said they got their first case :thinking:
I don't think we're going anywhere soon.... :whiteflag:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

69BFan

The Charlotte Auto Fair which is almost as large as Spring Carlisle has been rescheduled from April 2nd-5th to June 12-14th.  Nobody really knows at this point what kind of time frame that we may be looking at to see some sign of a slow down of the virus. 

As much as I hope to be optimistic about the show going on, I have a gut feeling that we will still be under tight rules for public events.  Even if things were to semi come under control and the show would be pushed back to a later Summer or early Fall date, the show will be much smaller in my opinion.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

anlauto

There's not enough weekends in the year....We're not talking about one show at a venue.....think of how many shows Carlisle Events puts on at the fairgrounds in one Summer...something like 7-8 shows....Then think... if all the shows starting with Spring Carlisle until.... lets say ...June first...If those shows have to be postponed ? When would they make it all work ? Summer is only so long... :alan2cents:

Today we have 705 Covid-19 cases out of 37.5 million people in Canada.....They predict up to 70% of the population will get this virus ( 28 million people).....so we still have a long way to go, it's going to be a long time before things are back to "normal" :alan2cents:

Brads70

My thoughts were.....  I have about 3-4 months of income saved up in cash . Kinda the way I roll, I hear most people don't . If I'm not able to work because of lockdown or sickness ( we are a family of 5, chances are pretty good at least one of us will get sick?), then after not working for 3-4 months , that kinda eats up the money I have saved up for a rainy day never mind extra's like entertainment.   I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this reality.  :alan2cents:

I'm not freaking out about this new reality, just trying to be realistic.....