Main Menu

AAR Rear valance question

Started by 1 Wild R/T, June 23, 2017, 10:51:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Ok, got a question for some of those with great in depth AAR knowledge.... I have a friend who's owned his T/A since the mid 70's, it was still in original paint when he bought it.... so I base my thoughts on what I know about that T/A... It obviously has the side exit exhaust & it also has a rear valance with no small cutouts which is what I would expect...  I've looked at quite a few AAR's & they all seem to have rear valances with dual small cutouts...... I know rear valances with no cut outs exist so whats the deal?

Cuda Cody

I'm certainly not an expert in AAR's so I would only be guessing...  but that looks like the same rear valance that they use with the N97 cars (noise reduction = turned down tips).  So maybe they used the same rear valance on both the AAR's and N97 Cudas?   :notsure:

6bblgt

for a '70 Plymouth e-body, there is only one non-tip rear valance - it is one with the half moon cutouts used with single exhaust, AAR & non-tip (turndown) dual exhaust (#2963379)

the depth of the cutouts changed for '71 & '72 (#3615011)

for '73 & '74 (#3616901) not sure if this is where the cutouts disappeared or the change was due to the 5MPH bumper additions?

1 Wild R/T

I have a buddy who has a pretty substantial parts hoard from back in the day... he parted out quite a few cars, amongst them a 70 GC Barracuda which he still has the P5X9 seats, door panels etc.. He also has the rear valance off that car & it has no signs of cut outs.....  Could it have been changed? Sure... But he has three more just like it.... All that he claims came off of 70 Barracuda's he parted out back in the 80's.....   Weird....