Main Menu

Are there any 'mistakes' you prefer over correctness?

Started by Flatdad, May 21, 2020, 06:24:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

HOLY SH*T that's crazy :o  I have NEVER heard of that before  :rubeyes: WOW
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mr Lee

Quote from: PLY474 on May 24, 2020, 10:53:45 AM
Quote from: headejm on May 23, 2020, 08:53:33 PM
:iagree: The Vega is in the top 10 worst cars ever made. Unlined aluminum block guaranteed to be toast by 75,000 miles. Good looking body though.

(Off Topic) Auto History Fun Fact - Vega's were shipped by rail vertically, nose down.
Thats pretty cool.  They can pack a lot more on the train that way.   I guess they were short enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

HP2

Something about Dodge fans that make them dis on the 72-74 Challengers. I've never been able to put a finger on why butI have heard reference to the frowning grill for decades.

Somehow, I don't think the Shelby boys have the same issue in the Mustang camp...even though the later Challenger grill is an almost dead copy of it.

anlauto

Quote from: Mr Lee on May 24, 2020, 02:03:35 PM
:iagree: The Vega is in the top 10 worst cars ever made. Unlined aluminum block guaranteed to be toast by 75,000 miles. Good looking body though.

(Off Topic) Auto History Fun Fact - Vega's were shipped by rail vertically, nose down.
Thats pretty cool.  They can pack a lot more on the train that way.   I guess they were short enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still can't get over it....I had to Google it...found more pictures...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

soundcontrol

I do not like the markings that the factory did and every one is doing on restorations.
A nice painted rear axle, and then it looks like someone let a 3-year old with a paintbrush draw on it...
Looks horrible.

Chryco Psycho

I Like the 72-74 grille better when the area around the headlights is blackened , it looked better for sure when the chrome went outside of the headlights & across the hood also

1 Wild R/T

Look at all those Daytona Clone back windows... Wheres my sawzall??

cudamadd

Yes I ten to agree with soundcontrol about the resto marking ,I know they need to be there but not a big fan

jt4406

Not a big fan of the sloppy body color over spray, undercoating and seam sealer under a finely detailed car, but that's just me. I once told someone who ask me about some of the stuff I was doing when restoring my car "I refuse to half ass my car just because that's the way ma mopar did it".  :alan2cents:
"Yeah, it's hopped up to over 160........"

Rich G.

I remember looking at a beautiful superbird but I can't remember exactly where on the car it was but the sealer was so sloppy.  I very nicely asked why it was like that and he said that's the way it was from the factory. As I walked away I thought to myself you did a beautiful restoration and made it look bad on purpose? That I'll never get. My GM buddies are great for doing all the chalk marks over everything. I always bust on them and say the car looks great except for the 2yr old you let loose with a crayon all over your car.   

72 Challenger

I love the chalk marks and factory markings. I put them on all my vehicles. Working on the Duster right now.

Hood pins in the wrong place bother me a lot.
Someday I will have a J0b.

cudamadd

This is only my opinion why have a cars engine bay painted black if it's not a black car  . It then looks cheap like what Ford and G.M did to there cars. IMO  :thumbdown:

soundcontrol

I have yet not seen any restorations duplicating the factory welds!  :)

PLY474

Factory seam sealer on my spare tire mount.  (not sure about the cotter pins.  I bought the car that way.)

Skdmark

Plated trunk catches that are installed after the decklid is painted.
Don't care for painted trunk catches especially when they are adjusted after painting, leaving a bare color paint spot on the underside of the decklid and\or latch.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane: