Main Menu

Need to vent and calm down

Started by IRON MAN, November 22, 2017, 04:37:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

My condolences working for UPS  :sorry:
My experiences with them have been so bad I will ship with anyone else .

Jim AAR

Most of the problems do come from the shippers, but the companies selling this stuff know that as well.

Can't see why they wouldn't package things better, they have to fix or scrap the damaged parts and that can't be cheap or viable in the long run and it ultimately hurts their own reputations.

My :alan2cents:

HP_Cuda

:iagree:

Cutting corners to make more $$$ in the end leaves you with customers who will not return nor tell anyone else to use that vendor.

Very short sighted but hey it's seems thats the American way now in large part.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

BIGSHCLUNK

BIGS 2 cents.... we ship things everyday. Packaging is EVERYTHING. And some things like hoods we wont ship... unless the customer will pay for us to crate it (make a crate for it).  Do we loose some sales... yes... but all your doing is refunding the customer if it gets there damaged anyway. As for UPS my nephew is a supervisor there. The stories I hear would blow your mind. And now with holiday time, its going to get worse.

71GranCoupe

If not mistaken, UPS just announced a rate increase. Must need it for all the claims they are expecting.

Years ago, I ordered a rally hood at my local Dodge dealer. It took 3 hoods to get one that was undamaged. Sure makes you wonder how they are not investigated by the feds over some of this stuff.

Brads70

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 23, 2017, 09:52:46 AM

:iagree:  Same here, nothing but a headache and an empty wallet.

anlauto

UPS.....has never broken or lost anything of mine  :fingerscrossed: ...but their International Brokerage fees are INSANE.... :pullinghair:

USPS/Canada Post has a flat rate of $9.95, FedEx came in last time at $10.00......UPS is ALWAYS $65-$100 regardless of what they deliver.... :thumbdown:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Quote from: Brads70 on November 23, 2017, 02:16:55 PM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 23, 2017, 09:52:46 AM

:iagree:  Same here, nothing but a headache and an empty wallet.
:iagree:
I will do almost anything to avoid UPS. I would have to want something pretty bad to be willing to accept UPS as a shipper. They are to the shipping business what 'Jim's Auto Parts' is to the Mopar restoration business.
If you use either, prepare to bend over.
:stop:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

RUNCHARGER

The volume shipping companies handle will blow your mind. I know it's no excuse but there are bound to be a few problems especially when items aren't packed correctly. I avoid UPS at all costs but that is because of their internationsl charges. I have shipped within Canada with them with no problems.
Sheldon

69bronzeT5

The way mail is treated is absolutely nuts. I sold two '71 B-body dash emblems to someone earlier in the month. Packaged them well and paid a pretty penny to ship them. This is how they showed up. Not a clue how it happened.....all I can think is somebody stepped on them....

Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

Burdar

One of the last things I needed to get my Challenger on the road was a new windshield.  The first one showed up completely shattered.  The box looked fine.  Good thing I opened the box and inspected the glass before accepting the shipment.  I refused it, contacted Roseville and they got another one coming.  A week later the new glass arrived in good shape.

Accidents happen.  Just refuse the shipment.  The company you bought the hood from will deal with the shipping company.  That end of it isn't your concern. 

IRON MAN

Spoke with Doug at Year one this Black Friday morning. He was very polite and said he  would handle it and ship out another T/A hood next week. He agreed not to send back the same hood repaired. I told him the UPS driver and I were amazed how the hood was placed in a  cardboard box with no padding, bubble wrap, foam, etc. Nothing to secure the hood from flopping around. Doug said he would pass that along.  :fingerscrossed:Guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope the 2nd T/A hood arrives without damage. Thanks for all the comments.

HP_Cuda

You really have to stay on top of the more expensive and larger shipments because they would love to just drop it at your front door and run away.

:bricks:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

IRON MAN

I plan to order the YOne e-body aluminum louvers rear window kit, another large and big dollar item. I will wait and see how the next T/A hood arrives first. I wish Summit Racing (SR) would get involved more with e-body merchandise. I have spent thousands of dollars with SR over the past few years and no issues, and fast shippers.

anlauto

Should try Dave at Roseville for rear window louvers  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration