Main Menu

Need to vent and calm down

Started by IRON MAN, November 22, 2017, 04:37:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

IRON MAN

It appears YOne and Dales Cuda Shop (DCS) are the only sellers of aluminum louvers for e-bodies. Correct me if I'm wrong but DCS makes and provides his rear window louvers to YOne. Same price no discounts ever on this item. I have not checked into shipping costs yet.

Chryco Psycho

I had a supplier in Que with a top notch product  & sold a ton of them approx 8 years ago , but he quit making them . :crying:

IRON MAN

Year One sent another T/A hood and it arrived  in  five days. For some reason, the first hood took four weeks and was damaged during shipping.  Year One really  came through and I am grateful for that. The only flaw is some very slight scuffing of the primer. :slapme5: Here is a picture of the 50 pound bad boy.

RUNCHARGER

Nice! You gotta be happy with that.
Sheldon

HUSTLESTUFF

I just ordered louvers from Dave at Rosevilles

IRON MAN

Hey Hustlestuff, Let us know how the delivery and install went. Will you be drilling the holes for the hinges? Or, are you replacing an existing set of louvers? I purchased the $2.50 package protection option and in hind sight it was a smart investment because the first T/A hood arrived damaged. This insurance policy is probably why Year One sent out another hood so quickly...no haggling with UPS or YOne on my part. Still waiting for the T/A hood springs I ordered 42 days ago. BTW, I looked thoroughly and could not find the louvers listed in the catalog on Rosevilles web site.   

MoparDave

when product is slim to get or rarely asked for it is generally not on the website. I have One set of Cuda louvers in stock that was delivered today by DCS.  Fairly large box to ship. LMK if your wanting them.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Brads70

Quote from: IRON MAN on December 02, 2017, 05:00:56 PM
Year One sent another T/A hood and it arrived  in  five days. For some reason, the first hood took four weeks and was damaged during shipping.  Year One really  came through and I am grateful for that. The only flaw is some very slight scuffing of the primer. :slapme5: Here is a picture of the 50 pound bad boy.

Did it come molded in black?  :cooldance:

IRON MAN

Quote from: Brads70 on December 04, 2017, 02:35:45 PM

Brad, I thought it was sprayed with black primer. Upon  closer inspection it seems that it is molded in black. So the tech used black coloring in the resin?

Brads70

Quote from: IRON MAN on December 04, 2017, 04:00:35 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on December 04, 2017, 02:35:45 PM

Brad, I thought it was sprayed with black primer. Upon  closer inspection it seems that it is molded in black. So the tech used black coloring in the resin?

That's pretty cool. makes sense, mine is molded in white so every stone chip shows through....  :pullinghair: Let us know how much body work was required before painting it. I might have to get one at some point down the road if yours works out good.   :popcorn:

Can you show some close ups as it is now before body work/paint air grills? etc...

IRON MAN

Here ya go. The quintessence of function defines form:

Brads70

RzeroB

I think Bigs and Sheldon hit it on the head - the way the item is packaged is critical because the sheer volume of stuff being moved by these companies is mind-boggling! Volume is money and time is money - move as much as you can as quickly as you can.

The package handlers are not there to read the "fragile" and "handle with care" labels - they're there to move the stuff into the appropriate bin, container, truck, airplane, etc as efficiently as they can. Case in point, I use to fly night cargo for a regional cargo airline. When we finished our run and returned to the hub, we'd taxi into parking where the tug and container train were waiting to take the packages into the "sort" facility. We would no sooner get the engines shutdown and they would have the cargo door open, the conveyor belt positioned, and be slinging stuff out of the airplane and onto the conveyor from which the packages would shoot into the container bins behind the tug. Packages would crunch and pile up on top of one another and when that bin was full, the tug would move forward to position the next bin at the end of the conveyor. If something fell off of the conveyor, it would be picked up and put in the bin - but if it was light enough, they would just throw it into the bin from where it fell. When the airplane was finally empty, the tug and container train would rush off to the sort facility where the packages were sorted and loaded onto the appropriate trucks for distribution in the morning. 
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Chryco Psycho

I assume it is fiberglass not carbon fiber ,  the fiber glass is white mat with clear resin , the resin can be dyed but generally the mold is coated with a gel coat to release it from the mold & smooth the surface of the part once it is out of the mold , most parts I have seen are made using a grey gelcoat so likely the gel coat  was black not grey . Carbon fiber mat is black with a clear resin so it will come out of the mold black