Main Menu

Random Hemi E-Body of the Week

Started by RzeroB, August 02, 2017, 07:48:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RzeroB

Quote from: 71REDCUDA on February 02, 2020, 12:40:03 AM
Here is another 70 Hemi Challenger.. Been in Sweden for a long while. JS23R0B289786--EV2-D21-H6X9

Thanks for the info Nicklas @71REDCUDA For me it's kind of hard to find good info and pics of the cars that are in Sweden (or anywhere else over in Europe for that matter). Do you have any more info on this particular car that you could share with us? Thanks again!
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

E74cuda

I posted the info a while back in the thread but here's a picture. It and the red hemi Challenger would look great together again!

RzeroB

Quote from: E74cuda on February 02, 2020, 01:12:24 PM
I posted the info a while back in the thread but here's a picture. It and the red hemi Challenger would look great together again!

Thanks for posting!! Looks fantastic!!  :takealook: 

If you don't mind, please tell us more about it, how long you have had it, and how you wound up acquiring it.

Is it a stick or auto?? Rubber bumpers front AND rear?? Axle package?? Sorry if I'm being to intrusive ... I just love this stuff too much not to ask!!  :crazytalk:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Morty426

Quote from: RzeroB on February 02, 2020, 02:38:03 PM
Quote from: E74cuda on February 02, 2020, 01:12:24 PM

Thanks for posting!! Looks fantastic!!  :takealook: 

If you don't mind, please tell us more about it, how long you have had it, and how you wound up acquiring it.

Is it a stick or auto?? Rubber bumpers front AND rear?? Axle package?? Sorry if I'm being to intrusive ... I just love this stuff too much not to ask!!  :crazytalk:

I can help. 

It's a console shift automatic with Super High Performance axle package.  The bumpers are front and rear (A22).  The block was replaced with a date correct replacement. 

E74cuda

Along with what Chris said it has the original trans and dana along with great original sheet metal and all of the correct original hemi parts. Original white interior car, console shift and rallye gauges.  Also a nice build sheet, original fender tag, dash tag and body numbers.  It came to CA from Nevada where I believe it was sold new. After owning it for 20 years I will be putting it up for sale this year so if someone wants more info PM me.

Morty426

Quote from: E74cuda on February 03, 2020, 08:26:24 AM
Along with what Chris said it has the original trans and dana along with great original sheet metal and all of the correct original hemi parts. Original white interior car, console shift and rallye gauges.  Also a nice build sheet, original fender tag, dash tag and body numbers.  It came to CA from Nevada where I believe it was sold new. After owning it for 20 years I will be putting it up for sale this year so if someone wants more info PM me.

I can vouch that this is a fantastic car.  You will be hard pressed to find one with original metal and parts like this one.

I've tried to convince Eric not to sell it, but he doesn't listen to me.  It's OK I don't always listen to him either.   :rofl:

Morty426

@RzeroB sorry to take so long to get this done but here they are my two Hemi Challengers

First up is JS23R0B181047
This 426 Hemi automatic was supposedly sold in Pomona, CA and spent it's life there until it was placed Hemming's Motor News in the 96(?) and purchased by a guy in Everett, WA.  Two years later it was re-listed in HMN and I bought it on 6/8/98 after selling my 1987 Porsche 928 S4.

The car was missing it's original motor and transmission.  There is a tag but no broadcast sheet.

The options are sparse:
426 Hemi
Automatic
EK2 Vitamin C Orange / Go Mango High Impact Paint
Black Longitudinal Stripe
Console
Power Steering
Power Disk Brakes
3.23 Sure Grip

Have an NOS 70 Long Block for it and an un-stamped 671 transmission for it. 

His little buddy is JS29R0B1xxxxx

It's an EK2 426 Hemi 4 speed SE

The reason I am not releasing the whole VIN is that the Fender Tag was removed by a previous owner (possibly a flipper) in Colorado.  Supposedly the tag is For Sale but I don't know where it is - any help would be appreciated. 

JS23U

I'd love to see that EK2 R/T finished. EK2 with a longitudinal stripe and no vinyl top is my favourite for a 1970 Challenger... :inlove:
The topic red on red Challengers reminded me of an old magazine article I have. The car is an FE5 H6E4 automatic. It very much looks like the car that was for sale in St. Louis in 2018. But its history doesn't seem to fit. Could this mag car be a third FE5 H6E4 D32 car?
The article is taken from "Hemi Muscle" 2nd Annual, "From the editors of High Performance Mopar" from 1996.

JS23U

And while I had that magazine in my hands I also scanned another article, this time about a FY1 V1X Hemi Challenger. This car was on the title of the Hemi Muscle rag. The quadriplegic owner had several muscle cars and they did a shootout against a 69 Shelby GT-500. Can anyone tell any news about the owner Scott Hill or the Challenger? I haven't heard anything ever since except for another pic somewhere in the net 17 years ago. I even don't know the VIN.

JS23U

The Scott Hill car looks very similar to the following one, which I also found sonmewhere in the net 19 years ago. It was told to be a real Hemi but I don't know anything else about this car or picture. Maybe it is the same car, sold to Lousiana at the time?

RzeroB

:lurking:  Great articles from the archives Jens!

I have never seen either one of those before. I'm kind of surprised that apparently nobody else in this community has ... or has at least heard of Andy DeLorenzo and Scott Hill??  :notsure: 
Cheers!
Tom

RzeroB

I don't have a lot of info on this one ... one pic of the fender tag and one pic of the car ... and that's about it. But from what I do have ... I find this particular car kind of fascinating.

This HemiCuda is BS23R0B159633. It is one of about 652 made for the U.S. market and of those one of about 368 with an automatic. It is finished in FC7 In-Violet with what should be a a vinyl top (although it is missing here in this pic) and a H6X9 black vinyl interior.

The color combination of FC7 with a black interior was very popular with the Hemi E-bodies in 1970 with literally dozens and dozens of them being produced in that particular color combination. Here is the one pic I have of this car and apparently it was taken by none other than Joe "Hemi" Sica (thanks Joe!!). At first glance it looks like just like all the other FC7 with black interior Hemi E-bodies ... or is it??

Here is the only other pic I have for this HemiCuda ... ironically it's of the fender tag of all things (even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then!)! Lets take a look at what's on the fender tag ...

From it's fender tag, we can see that this particular car came equipped from the factory with the A21 Elastomeric Front Bumper Pkg, B51 Power Disc Brakes, C16 Center Console, G31/G33 Chrome Sport Mirrors and the thunderous R11 MusicMaster 2W AM Radio among other nice things.

Not a whole lot of options ordered with this particular car ... but did you notice the vinyl top that it is coded for?? Yes, that's correct ... a V1G Gator Grain vinyl top was originally equipped on this car! Kind of an "odd-ball" combination ... so much so that at some point in time, whoever owned it had the top removed. Did they remove it because it was weathered and worn and needed to be replaced? Did they remove it because it needed to be replaced but they could not find a Gator Grain replacement for it? Or did they remove it because they thought "Who put a brown top on a purple car ... that looks like crap!!" Who really knows?

Apparently the first pic of the whole car was taken at one of the Midwest Mopars in the Park shows up in Farmington MN. When it was taken I don't know. I do know, that I wouldn't mind seeing some more pics of this interesting car ... and if it's owner ever got around to putting the Gator Grain top back on it to return it to it's very unique color combination of FC7 In Violet WITH a V1G Gator Grain top and a H6X9 black vinyl interior. Post those pics up of this car if you have them!!   
Cheers!
Tom

6bblgt

:takealook:
I guess that answers what the missing digits here are!  It was in or near Santa Ana, CA at some point in time ~20 years ago .....

Jimlt4383

BS23ROB146415  Four speed, 4.10 car. 2800 miles. Does anyone have a picture of the fender  tag?

Jimlt4383