Main Menu

Random Hemi E-Body of the Week

Started by RzeroB, August 02, 2017, 07:48:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

antonellomopar

more pics. Steering wheel center is now the correct one

benlavigne

Just an original-owner, original-paint FC7 1971 Hemicuda on a late-October drive seen today!
It's rarely out, and I just happened to pass by it (In my late-model Grand Cherokee, not the Challenger, unfortunately...) this afternoon...
Not afraid to exercise it and bang the four gears still...

Ben

RzeroB

Happy Halloween!!

Look!! The Great Pumpkin DOES exist!! Who knew that The Great Pumpkin was a HemiCuda??  Well, with this color combination it certainly could be!!

This pumpkin is BS23R1B202804. It is 1 of about 107 '71 HemiCuda hardtops made for the U.S. market and of those 1 of 48 with and automatic. As can be seen, it is finished in EV2 Tor-Red with a V1X black vinyl top and inside it has the H6XV orange and black interior.

Here is a better look at the H6XV orange and black interior. The thing with the orange and black interiors is that they tend to polarize people's opinion of it ... either you hate it ... or you love it. I can certainly see it's appeal to those that are big into Halloween ... or Harley Davidsons!!

I really do not know too much about this car. I found a pic of it on Facebook and some more pics on "Resto" Rick Kreuziger's website. Apparently it was originally a column-shift automatic. I don't know if Rick did the conversion, or if it was that way already when it came into his shop?

I don't know who the lucky owner is, or where this car is today. But it looks like it may have been sold new out of California per the Facebook comment. Pretty cool car as I am aware of only one other '71 HemiCuda with the H6XV black and orange interior and that would be the ubiquitous Tor-Red convertible of the Blake family.

Happy Halloween!! Have fun and stay safe!!

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

autoxcuda

Quote from: RzeroB on October 31, 2020, 05:55:44 PM
Happy Halloween!!

Look!! The Great Pumpkin DOES exist!! Who knew that The Great Pumpkin was a HemiCuda??  Well, with this color combination it certainly could be!!

This pumpkin is BS23R1B202804. It is 1 of about 107 '71 HemiCuda hardtops made for the U.S. market and of those 1 of 48 with and automatic. As can be seen, it is finished in EV2 Tor-Red with a V1X black vinyl top and inside it has the H6XV orange and black interior.

Here is a better look at the H6XV orange and black interior. The thing with the orange and black interiors is that they tend to polarize people's opinion of it ... either you hate it ... or you love it. I can certainly see it's appeal to those that are big into Halloween ... or Harley Davidsons!!

I really do not know too much about this car. I found a pic of it on Facebook and some more pics on "Resto" Rick Kreuziger's website. Apparently it was originally a column-shift automatic. I don't know if Rick did the conversion, or if it was that way already when it came into his shop?

I don't know who the lucky owner is, or where this car is today. But it looks like it may have been sold new out of California per the Facebook comment. Pretty cool car as I am aware of only one other '71 HemiCuda with the H6XV black and orange interior and that would be the ubiquitous Tor-Red convertible of the Blake family.

Happy Halloween!! Have fun and stay safe!!

Pretty positive that is the car Tim Nordella owned in the late 80's. Just read where you said it was origin from California. That about nails it.

He told me it was converted to console. Sounded like the conversion was years ago and a repaint/restore maybe at same time or still year ago. It shouldn't have been restored/painted. It was a nice survivor. It very well might be on its second paint job.

I have a pic of it from 86/87 Spring Fling I somewhere
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

bam333

Does anyone know who owns this vehicle currently, A friend of mine owned it and asked if i could find it for him. I would like to help put him in contact with current owner. I see its been auctioned off not meeting the reserve so my guess is its for sale? thanks for any help
shanw26@hotmail.com

autoxcuda

Quote from: bam333 on November 07, 2020, 07:38:00 AM
Does anyone know who owns this vehicle currently, A friend of mine owned it and asked if i could find it for him. I would like to help put him in contact with current owner. I see its been auctioned off not meeting the reserve so my guess is its for sale? thanks for any help
shanw26@hotmail.com

Is he the one that restored it and converted it to floor shift?
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

bam333

I believe he bought it after is was wrecked  then resold years later. I told him I saw it on Mecum and really would like me to find it for him. He's not internet savy. Old school....

autoxcuda

Just noticed where Peter said it was a friend of his....

So he is definitely referring to Tim Nordella's old car.

bam333

I referring to this 70 Challenger in this article: VIN# JS23R0B157786

https://forum.e-bodies.org/search2/

RzeroB

Quote from: autoxcuda on November 07, 2020, 08:27:32 AM
Quote from: bam333 on November 07, 2020, 07:38:00 AM
shanw26@hotmail.com
Is he the one that restored it and converted it to floor shift?

Looks like he is referring to the Sublime green Hemi Challenger RT that was originally from Watertown NY ...
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

bam333

Yes if its Vin # is JS23R0B157786, Anyinfo is appreciated

RzeroB

Since it's still fall, I thought we would look at another fall colored car ...

BS23R0B157209 is 1 of about 652 made for the U.S. market, and of those 1 of 284 with a 4 speed. It is finished in EK2 Vitamin-C with V6X black "Hockey Stick" stripes and a H6X9 black vinyl interior.

Among this cars notable features is the A34 Super Track Pack 4:10 geared Dana Axle Package, A62 Rallye Gauge Package, B51 Power Disc Brakes, G36 painted Sport Mirrors, the BOOMING 2w R11 MusicMaster AM Radio and S77 Power Steering among other things.

This HemiCuda was ordered by a Town Chrysler Plymouth of Minneapolis MN as a dealer-ordered car. Hard as it is to believe now, this HemiCuda lingered unwanted in the dealership's showroom for well over a year. Finally in February 1971 a collector in Texas (who this collector was I do not know) somehow found out about it, bought it and placed it in his private collection where it rarely, if ever, got driven.

With very low miles on the car, the original interior is preserved like it was almost brand new.

Although it was built for racing, this Hemi has lead a pampered life since the day it left the showroom. Look how clean and fresh it looks - looks virtually brand new!

After 43 years of ownership, the long time Texas owner of this car finally decided to part with it. It was featured at Mecum's 2014 Kissimmee auction. I don't know how many miles are actually on this car, but it can't be very many. It did sell and somebody (who? I don't know?) got themselves a very original low mileage pristine HemiCuda of their very own. Was it you?? 

Cheers!
Tom

Chryco Psycho

Unfortunately it was not me but nice optioned & taken care of Hemi !!

Topcat

Quote from: RzeroB on November 19, 2020, 04:22:14 PM
Since it's still fall, I thought we would look at another fall colored car ...

BS23R0B157209 is 1 of about 652 made for the U.S. market, and of those 1 of 284 with a 4 speed. It is finished in EK2 Vitamin-C with V6X black "Hockey Stick" stripes and a H6X9 black vinyl interior.

Although it was built for racing, this Hemi has lead a pampered life since the day it left the showroom. Look how clean and fresh it looks - looks virtually brand new!

After 43 years of ownership, the long time Texas owner of this car finally decided to part with it. It was featured at Mecum's 2014 Kissimmee auction. I don't know how many miles are actually on this car, but it can't be very many. It did sell and somebody (who? I don't know?) got themselves a very original low mileage pristine HemiCuda of their very own.

It's twin car once roamed the streets of Los Gatos.
I knew the owner and he said they pulled the motor and parted it out.   :Thud:

JS29