Main Menu

Random Hemi E-Body of the Week

Started by RzeroB, August 02, 2017, 07:48:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

three two barrels

#5 of 5 1971 Hemi Challengers sold in Canada, unfortunately I know nothing else about this car.

mccannix

This 71 Hemi Challenger has been with the same owner for about 40 years now.
Factory FC7 Hemi 4 speed, shaker, louver, wing car...unrestored at present

anlauto

Quote from: mccannix on July 01, 2020, 11:34:19 AM
This 71 Hemi Challenger has been with the same owner for about 40 years now.
Factory FC7 Hemi 4 speed, shaker, louver, wing car...unrestored at present

Ahhhh see I thought so....I wasn't going to say anything, but I was hoping you would chime in though Terry  :twothumbsup:

....and his cars will never get restored.....or likely even driven again :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RzeroB

I've been slacking in posting to this thread lately. I've been in the midst of a major landscaping project ... but that's no excuse!

Here's a red, white and blue trifecta for you ...

The Red:

BS23R0B146662 is 1 of about 652 made for the U.S. market, and of those 1 of 368 with an automatic. It is finished in FE5 Rallye-Red with color matching red Elastomeric bumpers, red Shaker and a H6E4 red vinyl interior. A whole lot of red with this one ... if red is your thing ... this car is for you!!

Even the Fender Tag is brilliant! This bright HemiCuda is equipped with the A22 Elastomeric Bumpers Package, A32 Super-Performance 4:10 geared Dana Axle Package, C16 Center Console and a G36 painted Sport Mirrors among other things.

If you haven't recognized it yet ... maybe this picture and the background will help?? This is Dave Kriebel's car ... Dave and his red HemiCuda are pretty much regular attenders at the annual Carlisle show and this year was no different.

Dave's beautiful HemiCuda was selected to participate as the 'Cuda representative in the much touted 1970 Rapid Transit display held at this year's Carlisle show. Quite an honor I think ... and one well deserved for Dave and his bright red HemiCuda!!

And it was even sporting one of those groovy Plymouth ties from 1970!! Thanks to Ola Nilsson for taking and sharing the last two pictures of Dave's car participating in the Rapid Transit System display!!

The White:

BS23R1B187117 is 1 of about 107 made for the U.S. market, and of those 1 of 59 with a 4-speed. It is finished in GW3 Sno-White with V6X black "billboard" stripes and a SRX9 black leather interior.

The fender tag tells us that this HemiCuda came equipped from the factory with the A34 Super Track Pack 4:10 geared Dana Axle Package, A62 Rallye Gauge Package, B51 Power Disc Brakes, C16 Center Console, G36 painted Sport Mirrors and R35 AM/FM radio among other things. The fender tag also shows us that this car did not come factory equipped with the V6X black "billboard" stripes and the A45 Aero Spoiler Package (front spoilers and rear Go-Wing) however those added features sure make the car look great!

This beautiful Sno-White HemiCuda is currently part of Tom Lembeck's collection. From what I understand this car is available ... for the right price of course. Tom, being a commodities trader, is always ready to negotiate ... and if you have the "cheddar" and "hit" his number this beautiful HemiCuda can be yours!!

and the Blue:

JS23R1B375721 is 1 of about 71 made for the U.S. market, and of those 1 of 59 with a 4-speed. It is finished in GB5 Bright Blue with V6X black side stripes and a H6X9 black interior.

This is probably the most sparse fender tag I have seen for a Hemi E-body. Besides the E74 Hemi and D21 4-speed, the only other extra cost options are the A33 Track Pack 3:54 geared Dana Axle Pkg (which either the A33 or A34 are required with the 4-speed), R11 AM Radio and the V6X black side stripes ... and that's it! Hemi E-body on the cheap ... sort of!

Being a very low optioned Hemi Challenger, one of it's former owners (noted Mopar man Anatol Vasiliev) decided that it needed some "upgrades" to improve upon the basic features that this car originally came with. Here we can obviously see the Shaker that was added, but also note the power steering and brakes that were added.

Cool rear-end shot. On the outside Anatol added additional "upgrades" that include front and rear spoilers, rear window louvers and even a black vinyl top!

A set of hood pins, painted sport mirrors and Rallye wheels complete the "upgrades" transforming this most basic of Hemi Challenger RT's into a well "optioned" nice looking beauty of a Hemi Challenger RT! 

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Chryco Psycho

Thanks Tom
The white Cuda is deadly  :bradsthumb:

6bblgt

Quote from: RzeroB on July 15, 2020, 07:51:26 PM
This is probably the most sparse fender tag I have seen for a Hemi E-body. Besides the E74 Hemi and D21 4-speed, the only other extra cost options are the A33 Track Pack 3:54 geared Dana Axle Pkg (which either the A33 or A34 are required with the 4-speed), R11 AM Radio and the V6X black side stripes ... and that's it! Hemi E-body on the cheap ... sort of!

8) ..... FYI   -   V6X was STANDARD on a Challenger R/T (OPTIONAL ON 'cuda)
but at a minimum it has just north of $1,200 worth of OPTIONS (E74, D21, A33, R11 & W34)  :bigmoney:

71REDCUDA

Swedish car since the 70s.

Chryco Psycho

RzeroB

Quote from: 71REDCUDA on July 26, 2020, 02:49:08 AM
Swedish car since the 70s.

Thanks for posting that up Nicklas!!

What is that ... 227 ... 0 .. 5 .. 9???

Any more pics?? Current owner?? Back-story??

Thanks again!!
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

71REDCUDA

Thats correct. 227059. I cant share much info. Car was recently restored. Bought from up north in Sweden. Been here since the 70s.

RzeroB

Nicklas' (71REDCUDA) latest post got me thinking about some things. I've accumulated a lot of data since we started this little project and as expected the vast majority of the Hemi cars are here in the U.S.  :unitedstates:  or "next door" in Canada  :canada:  Over time, a surprising number of these cars have "migrated" overseas to places like Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Columbia, South Africa, England, France, Germany, Norway and Finland among other places. However, there is one country that seems to be a more popular destination for these cars than any other. In fact, this one country seems to have accumulated more of these cars than all of the aforementioned countries ... combined!! That country is Sweden.  :sweden:

What is it about Sweden that so many Hemi E-bodies have migrated there from North America?? Unfortunately I've never been there so I don't know. Could it be the sweet sound of ABBA playing on a vintage R22 AM/8-Track??

Attending the huge Power Big Meet American car show every summer??

Or perhaps it could it be the attraction of the Swedish bikini team?? All pretty strong motivation if you asked me!!  :yes:

Whatever it is, an inordinate amount of Hemi E-bodies reside there. Here's a random sampling of some of them that have migrated there ... and to my knowledge still reside there. If any of our Swedish friends like @71REDCUDA would like to chime in with a few tasty tidbits of additional info that would make this post even better!!

A 1970 RT?? They have it. JS23R0B289786 is 1 of about 287 made for the U.S. market, and of those 1 of 137 with a 4-speed. It is finished in FE5 Bright Red with a V1X black vinyl top, V6X black longitudinal stripes and the V21 Performance Hood blackout treatment.

I found this car on the now defunct "mopar70.com" which was a Swedish Mopar website ran by a guy named "Roland." Per the website, this car was exported to Sweden way back in 1976 and is still there today. Here it is in the company of some other cool looking Mopars ... all in Sweden of course!!

A 1970 RT/SE?? They have it!!  JS29R0B182640 is 1 of about 59 made for the U.S. market, and of those 1 of 37 with an automatic. It is finished in EV2 Hemi Orange with V6X black longitudinal stripes, a V1X black vinyl top and what looks like a HRX9 black leather interior. I also found this car on the now defunct "mopar70.com" website. Per the website, this car was able to hold off the pull of Sweden until 2005 before it could no longer resist the inexorable force and made the trek.

A 1971 HemiCuda?? They have it!!  This is reportedly BS23R1B268349. It is 1 of about 107 made for the U.S. market, and of those 1 of 59 with a 4 speed. It is finished in GB5 True Blue with white billboard stripes, fender flares and a black interior. Looks like it's been set up to thrash the local drag strip ... in Sweden of course!!

And one of my favorites ... another 1971 HemiCuda that was originally GY8 Gold Leaf but now (or then??) sports a cool Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon paint scheme.  :twothumbsup: 

It too is 1 of about 107 made for the U.S. market, and also 1 of 59 with a 4 speed. Per Ole Kristian Bohler's facebook post the car migrated not to Sweden, but to Norway way back in 1978. There it stayed until 2003 when the call of Norway's neighbor ... Sweden became too strong of a motivating force and it finally left to complete it's inevitable migration to the land of Blue and Gold.

Cheers!
Tom

71REDCUDA

RzeroB

Thank you Nicklas!! Can you ad a little context to what we are looking at with your latest photographic contribution?? Thanks!! :twothumbsup:
Cheers!
Tom

71REDCUDA

Quote from: RzeroB on August 14, 2020, 07:41:22 PM
Thank you Nicklas!! Can you ad a little context to what we are looking at with your latest photographic contribution?? Thanks!! :twothumbsup:

I can, both cars are really special because they are real R code cars in  :sweden:

But the GB7 car in the front is something extra (the white car in the 80s pic is the same car) original drivetrain was found in Finland a few years ago. Car was there for a while but when the car was sold back to Sweden the drivetrain stayed in Finland.. but a few years back the engine was found and later the transmission.. a 4speed... also we have gone thru all 4 BS23R1B cars for international export.. well this is the 5th unknown car. And there even might be 6th car hidding.

JS23U

I have to chime in here because I am way confused. Are you all sure that the numbers of the blue swedish Cudas are correct? My personal notes say the following:

The racer with the white or silver billboard is BS23R1B309146.
I have personnally seen BS23R1B268349 in 2002. It was restored in its correct GB5 and had a tranny change. Back then it had a D21 but is coded for D32. The car is the one with the license plate JLX089. It can be recognized by the colored mirrors (coded for G36). Back in 2002 it had a J81 spoiler which seemed to be added. So my guess is that it is the one in the background of the two car pic that Nicklas posted.
The one in the foreground should be another one, maybe 118809 ?! That would be the one with the engine/trans found in Finland.
Nicklas, can you confirm or deny?