Main Menu

Random Hemi E-Body of the Week

Started by RzeroB, August 02, 2017, 07:48:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Here's some photos of the Warlock a few months ago.  A good buddy of mine has purchased the Warlock and he is completing the car.  I will get some new photos of her soon.  I heard she is almost completely done.  Just need to cut and buff one last time and put the glass in.

Cuda Cody

Hemi Cuda 146642 is getting closer to done too.  I have to fix the weeping head gasket before I paint the engine then it should go pretty fast as all the components, interior, rear end and trans are ready to install.

6bblgt

October '69 was the biggest month for e-body production (17.7% of Plymouth e-bodies were built during October '69)

Monday October 6th (A06) is just 13 days after the "new" cars went on sale "officially" 9/23/69

twice the number of Plymouth e-bodies were "SCHEDULED" on A06 than could be built  :thinking: IMO this was Chrysler's response to the hype the 'cuda was generating, number of sales & orders coming in from the dealers, and a way to queue the factory to build desired inventory based on early sales success.

I have 45 hemi'cuda VINs for A06, good fender tag info on 22 of them: 11 w/auto & 11 w/4-speed
FE5 = 8
EV2 = 5
FC7 = 3
TX9 = 2
EF8 = 1
EK2 = 1
FF4 = 1
FY1 = 1

anlauto

So @Cuda Cody you no longer own the Warlock ? What is Hemi Cuda 146642 ?
Is that your car ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Yes, that is correct.  A good buddy of mine now owns the Warlock.  I wish I could keep them all, but space, time and money all play a factor.

BS23R0B146642 is a real deal Hemi Cuda 4 speed shaker EV2 track pack rallye dash (Hemi Orange / Tor Red) that I'm doing.  Rust free low mile Cuda from CA.   :banana:  Paint is all done and it's really just waiting for me to get the engine dialed in before I start putting it all back together.  It's a none numbers engine / trans, but I have an un-stamped 1970 Hemi engine and un-stamped 1971 18 spline trans for it.  Dan Brewer just re-built the trans for me. 

Quote from: anlauto on October 10, 2017, 02:49:12 PM
Is that your car ?

Roadman

Quote from: Cuda Cody on October 10, 2017, 03:19:46 PM
Yes, that is correct.  A good buddy of mine now owns the Warlock.  I wish I could keep them all, but space, time and money all play a factor.

BS23R0B146642 is a real deal Hemi Cuda 4 speed shaker EV2 track pack rallye dash (Hemi Orange / Tor Red) that I'm doing.  Rust free low mile Cuda from CA.   :banana:  Paint is all done and it's really just waiting for me to get the engine dialed in before I start putting it all back together.  It's a none numbers engine / trans, but I have an un-stamped 1970 Hemi engine and un-stamped 1971 18 spline trans for it.  Dan Brewer just re-built the trans for me. 

Quote from: anlauto on October 10, 2017, 02:49:12 PM
Is that your car ?

:needphotos: :needphotos: :needphotos: :needphotos: :needphotos: :needphotos: :needphotos: :needphotos: :needphotos: :needphotos: :needphotos: :needphotos: :needphotos: :needphotos: :needphotos: :needphotos: :rebelflag"

RzeroB

Quote from: 6bblgt on October 10, 2017, 02:44:42 PM
I have 45 hemi'cuda VINs for A06, good fender tag info on 22 of them: 11 w/auto & 11 w/4-speed
FE5 = 8
EV2 = 5
FC7 = 3
TX9 = 2
EF8 = 1
EK2 = 1
FF4 = 1
FY1 = 1

Oh?? For a numbers guy like me this is a real teaser!  :popcorn:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Cuda Cody

RzeroB

Cody, that's a teaser of a sneak peak if I ever saw one!!  :thankyou:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Chryco Psycho

Cool that the Warlock is getting done , I would have liked to own that one if I knew it was available !

mccannix

BS23R0B146416 was sold new in Picton Ontario to a prison guard V.Hughes, who worked at Collins Bay Institutions farm camp.
After he owned it about 4 years and while driving into work along the outside wall, he was accosted by a prisoner who held a paring knife to his throat and told Hughes to get out of the car.
The con led the cops on quite a chase on some back roads until the car overheated and was driven till it stopped running.
Con was apprehended, car towed to a yard and Hughes filed a theft claim.
Insurance offered to repair the car but Hughes wanted no part of it so insurance paid him out and car was sold in as in condition for $1400.00 to two guys, Joey S. and Ivan M. who got the engine running but pulled it and put it in a factory R code 70 RR they owned.
They then put a 383 in the Hemicuda body and it sold and it went west to Alberta.
After some years Larry S. who now owns the runner, and who posted the previous ad, sold the original HemiCuda motor to the owner and the two were re-united.

AND...our very own @anlauto could have written this story if he had bid about $3000.00 more for that Hemi Road Runner when it was being auctioned.

RzeroB

Well that's all pretty cool - got an update on the Warlock, a sneak peek at Cody's 146642, some numbers and color of A06 SPD HemiCudas and some very interesting info on 146416's early years. Thanks to all who contributed!!  :thankyou:

Well since it seems to be a good week for finding out new stuff, I'm going to throw a couple of obscure ones out there and see if any info on them shakes loose and comes forth ...

A pair of sequential VIN Canadian spec HemiCudas 146393 and 146394. Both cars were suppose to have been sold new in British Columbia - 146393 in Vancouver, and 146394 in New Westminister a Vancouver suburb. Got nothing on them other than an old Moparts post from 2003 from "Cudagee" who was looking for the transmission to 146394. There out there somewhere ...

Cheers!
Tom

RzeroB

A swing and a miss on 146393 and 94 ...

Next up is a car that someone has been looking for ... well yes, we're all looking for this type of car ... but someone here has a vested interest in this car, so here it is. BS23R0B146659, 1 of only 652 made for the U.S. market, and of those 1 of 284 with a 4 speed. It is finished in FE5 Rallye-Red with V6X black "Hockey Stick" stripes, a V1X black vinyl top and a H6X9 black vinyl interior.

A peek inside and we can see that this HemiCuda is equipped with the A62 Rallye Gauge Package, C16 Center Console and S83 Rim-Blow Steering Wheel.

Outside we can see that this HemiCuda is equipped with the A22 Elastomeric Bumpers Package, G36 painted Sport Mirrors and the J81 Go-Wing. What we can't see is that it also has the A33 Track Pack 3:54 geared Dana Axle Package, B51 Power Disc Brakes, and S77 Power Steering to go with it's many other features.

Auction ad from Barrett-Jackson's 2008 Scottsdale auction. From the ad we can see that it is numbers matching and seems to be pretty well documented.

The ad and info is from nine years ago. Where, and with whom the car is with now is unknown ... to me ... but I'm sure one of you out there may know more current info on this Rallye Red beauty and it's more recent whereabouts.
Cheers!
Tom

RzeroB

Now that we have your attention, I'm "fishing" for info on these three HemiCuda's ...

BS23R0B146406 Canadian spec car supposedly sold new in Cap De Madeleine Quebec,

BS23R0B146413 Canadian spec car supposedly sold new in Arthabaska Quebec,

and BS23R0B146419 Canadian spec car supposedly sold new in West Hill Ontario ...

All I could find on those three cars was this recent Moparts post from "hemirag" concerning the engine for 146413

In the meantime, lets take a look at a mean Ivy-Green Hemi machine that is BS23R0B146563 ...

This aggressive fish is one of the 652 made for the U.S. market, and of those one of 368 with an automatic. This HemiCuda is equipped with the A32 Super-Performance 4:10 geared Dana Axle Package to give it some real get up and go and has the B51 Power Disc Brakes to reign it back in when it's done.

Inside this green machine is super clean! This HemiCuda has the A62 Rallye Gauges, C16 Center Console and a C62 Six-Way Driver's Seat. Nice!!

From the overly large watermark, it's pretty obvious that this car was once available at LMC's showroom! Had some good company there with the Hemi Challenger RT over on it's left. I imagine that the two '69 Camaros between the two Hemi cars had to be a bit nervous ...  :Stirring:

I would like to thank my German friend Jens, aka "JS23U" on C-C dot com for providing me with the pictures of this car. I had found an old auction ad from which I first learned about this car, but the ad had no pictures. Jens graciously helped me out by providing me with the pictures that we can see and enjoy here in this post. Thanks again Jens!!  :thankyou:
Cheers!
Tom

Cuda Cody

When EF8 is done right is looks fantastic!   :inlove: