Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

kawahonda

Ran mine out of fuel today. Did a full pressure wash on under carriage with pressure washer using jack stands. Removed fuel tank which requires removal of rear valiance. Fuel sender assy was toast. 50% completed wire-wheeling trunk. Refurbished rear seats. Installed new front seat bumpers. Patched up original exhaust with goop and wire-mesh. Got a complete drum brake rebuilt kit in (shipment-wise, not installation-wise). Ordered some new stuff. Loaded several shopping carts up online of mo-parts. Ran some errands. Drank beer.

Today was harsh.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

303 Mopar

Went to a couple of shows, and I'm not a big Mustang fan but there were two really nice ones today.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Cuda70-74

Looking at the progress I have made so far. I always wonder this what was faster the Boss 429 or 426 hemi back in the days? I  wasn't even thought about at that time.
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

RUNCHARGER

They were both unfinished packages for the street. However the 426 Hemi was closer to being finished with a better intake/carb setup and much better exhaust. The 426 triumphed over the Boss all other things being equal. Once you started modifying and putting on better intakes, headers and camshafts the faster car was generally the one with the most $$$ spent on it or the smarter parts installed.
Sheldon

GoodysGotaCuda

We participated in the neighborhood 4th of July parade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

bentpshrods

Been waiting for my cam kit to arrive.  It got here Friday so I got out in the garage and started with the dirty work. Degreased  the motor and stripped off three layers of paint. Cleaned up the engine bay and repainted a few things. Took my grill and stripped it down and cleaned all the bugs off of it , getting it ready to paint it body color (FC7).  Going to paint my motor back to it's original corporate blue.  Felt great getting in some car time. Now I have to clean up the mess I made in the garage and get it ready to paint everything.   

Brads70

I was trolling on facebook looking at parts when an ad for a T-56 out of a 1996 Camaro popped up. It was 2 hours away in Peterborough. I've been looking for one for about a year. So I called and asked if I could come by tomorrow. Seller said I have someone coming by tomorrow but first one with the cash gets it, so a last minute call to a buddy and we were away on a mini roadtrip. Came home at 1:30 am with it. Tranny, driveshaft, like new clutch, pedals, console, stock hyd clutch set up. I wanted this version as it has a external hyd slave cylinder and a clutch fork. Paid $1500 Canadian figured it was a fair deal.
Not sure if it will find it's way in the Challenger some day or a future AMC Javelin that I've yet to find..... Gives me something to tinker with!  If I don't use it .... its an easy resell.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

jimynick

Great score buddy! I won't let on that this is one more wee step towards building that killer Javelin that lurks in your mind. By the time SWMBO'd catches on, the "camel" will well and truly have his nose under the tent, eh?  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

340challconvert

Always great when somebody gets a great score on parts.
Opportunities come far and in between.
:ohyeah:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Brads70

Thanks guys I was pretty happy to finally get one! Spent a few hours today with a can of engine cleaner and a can of brake cleaner and a wire brush on the end of a drill cleaning it up . Cleaned up pretty darn good!  Gee funny thing look what shifter practically bolts right on to it?

Cudajason

Quote from: Brads70 on July 02, 2018, 04:02:03 PM
I was trolling on facebook looking at parts when an ad for a T-56 out of a 1996 Camaro popped up. It was 2 hours away in Peterborough. I've been looking for one for about a year. So I called and asked if I could come by tomorrow. Seller said I have someone coming by tomorrow but first one with the cash gets it, so a last minute call to a buddy and we were away on a mini roadtrip. Came home at 1:30 am with it. Tranny, driveshaft, like new clutch, pedals, console, stock hyd clutch set up. I wanted this version as it has a external hyd slave cylinder and a clutch fork. Paid $1500 Canadian figured it was a fair deal.
Not sure if it will find it's way in the Challenger some day or a future AMC Javelin that I've yet to find..... Gives me something to tinker with!  If I don't use it .... its an easy resell.

Looks like a nice score! 

Peterborough is my hometown!  Where about in town were you?

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Brads70

Quote from: Cudajason on July 03, 2018, 01:58:28 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on July 02, 2018, 04:02:03 PM

Looks like a nice score! 

Peterborough is my hometown!  Where about in town were you?

Jason

152 Lansdown street , townhouse complex..... beside Dairy Queen, nice town and drive over was nice too.

jordan

Brad, I didn't picture you pulling your cool auto trans for a stick.   :stop:  You will leave me the only one on this forum with an automatic!!
"Don't brake until you see God!"