Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Quote from: usraptor on September 18, 2018, 12:26:32 PM
Absolutely nothing! I'm sitting in a trailer park while my beloved 'Cuda is safely tucked away in my son's garage because we have been evacuated as a result of two wild fires that have burned over 80K acres and are threatening our community.  So far over 2K homes have been evacuated and over 6K people displaced.  First thing we did was move the Cuda to my son's house.  You gotta have your priorities straight.  :D  Been evacuated sine last Thursday with no end in sight as the fire has camped out on the mountain behind us and is 0% contained due to the steep mountain terrain.  Fortuantely being the No.1 fire in the nation we have the No.1 Federal fire fighting managers and "hot shot" crews on scene.  Over 1K with another 500 enroute.  They have done a tremendous job of building dozer lines and fire breaks around our city and for now unless the winds really go nuts our houses look safe. Prayer for rain! 
Side  note: after my son drove the Cuda to his house (his first time driving it) I received a text from him, and I quote: "You're not getting the 'Cuda back!"  LOL

Sorry for the loss of your car. LOL.
Where did you say your son lives? I may need a demonstration ride.

Oh and best wishes you and the surrounding remains unscathed.

Mike
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

cudaragtop

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

JS29

Chryco Psycho

cudaragtop

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on September 19, 2018, 07:50:07 PM
How long did it take to find XYZ123?
I had been looking on EBay for a few years for a year of issue plate that I would be willing to switch over to from 70-CUDA personalized plate.
I have the original plates that came on the car new but they are not in great shape. Haven't been able to find anyone that restores the reflectorized plates.
I have a few other nice condition correct year plates but not as cool as XYZ 123
One of them ended up on the Go Mango 70 Challenger. Another one is for the 69 Barracuda Fastback.

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

jimynick

Well, I loaded all my stuff in the old gal at the beach after a 4 day stay and drove 'er home in the beautiful weather we've had the last few days. Seems like I'm getting an exhaust leak, so it'll be one more thing on the "to do" list. Talked to my buddy and am going to pull the carb apart to put in his new ultra sonic cleaner. got to look for the best price for a Holley 600 kit I guess.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

blown motor

Went for a supper cruise last night with a 79 Trans Am, 72 Challenger, 56 Fargo truck, ? MGB, 85 Cutlass, Jag E type which died (brakes), 47 Studebacher truck which died (electrical).
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

gzig5

This week I finished the front suspension rebuild.  Every wear part MOOG makes for the front is in there now.  Took a SWAG at the alignment and the darn thing goes straight enough to get it to the alignment shop.  KYB shocks were very inexpensive, but a mistake that will be remedied.

If it's going out in public now it needed a proper exhaust.  I got the Summit 2.5" pre-bent system installed with Dynomax mufflers and am pretty happy with results.  Still need to figure out a couple mounts but it definitely fits and gets up nice and tight to the body.  Was surprised the mufflers are behind the axle, but they do fit.  Will be a challenge to get tips to align with valance but it was a cheap system to get it on the road, so still happy.  Sounds good.

Finally, I put on my new to me wheels and tires to replace the dry rotted 225-70-14's.  This is again an interim solution but I needed something decent for the new alignment and safe to drive on while I work on the car.  Nice wheels will come after some other items are addressed.  A bit of scrounging on CL netted the four wheels with the rear tires mounted for $125.  Wheels are American Racing AR767 in 15x7 front and 15x8 rear.  Both with 4" backspace.  The rear tires that came with are 255/70-15 and have about 30% tread left.  This is a tall tire at 29" and really fills the wheel well up.  The 4" backspace is not optimal and I have minimal clearance to the fender and a mile to the springs, but beggars can't be choosers.  For the front wheels I found a set of new 255/60-15 (27" tall) for $50 that had been mounted and then removed for a different size.  $25 for mounting and balancing the fronts and we are good to go for a while .  $200 all in.

Please excuse the condition of the car.  I've only had it five months and we have a LONG road to go.

Edit... Site won't let me add pics at the moment.  I'll try later.

gzig5

pics

JH27N0B

It was a big E body weekend for me.  I had got my '71 out of storage Labor Day weekend and swapped my convertible for it, for some long overdue driving and burning the old gas out of the tank etc. After 3 weeks I needed to get back out there and swap it back for the 'vert.  Weather forecast was nice so I took Friday off and took care of that that chore.  It was sad taking the car back. I've been driving the car often the last 3 weeks, I took it to 6 cruises in the last 3 weeks.  But all good things must come to an end and Friday and changed the oil and drove it back.  I hope it's not another 2 years before I have it out again, or still haven't found a new home for it!  :crying:
Yesterday I got the T/A fired up for the first time this year.  I'd meant to get it out and dialed in and such this summer, but somehow didn't get it out until the first day of fall. Been waiting for some work to get done on it but my detailer keeps delaying, resto battery I ordered in March didn't arrive until last month etc.  Drove it to the second to last cruise of 2018 in my town and then up the street to take a few pics.  Only 2 months until MCACN.  I hope the work gets done in time for the show... he did pick up my original glass a week ago to get it polished to replace to be AMD glass, which I seriously dislike, so that is a hopeful sign!  :fingerscrossed:

jimynick

After working on everybody else's stuff on this perfect, blue sky 70' day, I backed the old gal out of the garage with an eye to taking my granddaughter Gracie for an ice cream and noticed the exhaust leak was getting worse. Looking under the car in good light, I saw that the left exhaust pipe was cracked nearly 3/4 of the way around about 2" past the collector and the last thing I needed was to have it fall down, jam up and demo it and the car, so I reluctantly put her back in the garage for a date with the welder, soon.  :(
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Cudajason

Quote from: jimynick on September 23, 2018, 05:24:53 PM
After working on everybody else's stuff on this perfect, blue sky 70' day, I backed the old gal out of the garage with an eye to taking my granddaughter Gracie for an ice cream and noticed the exhaust leak was getting worse. Looking under the car in good light, I saw that the left exhaust pipe was cracked nearly 3/4 of the way around about 2" past the collector and the last thing I needed was to have it fall down, jam up and demo it and the car, so I reluctantly put her back in the garage for a date with the welder, soon.  :(

Ouch that sucks man.

I took the wee man out for a 50 mile cruise today...then popped a engine mount while trying to do a break stand!!!  Damit!  time to order parts!
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

dave73

Went to a local fundraiser car show with some hot rod buddies

blown motor

Quote from: Cudajason on September 23, 2018, 06:07:42 PM

Ouch that sucks man.

I took the wee man out for a 50 mile cruise today...then popped a engine mount while trying to do a break stand!!!  Damit!  time to order parts!

You Cambridge guys are hard on cars! I hope I didn't just jinx myself.  :vipermanhiding:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cudajason

Quote from: blown motor on September 24, 2018, 05:52:59 AM
Quote from: Cudajason on September 23, 2018, 06:07:42 PM

Ouch that sucks man.

You Cambridge guys are hard on cars! I hope I didn't just jinx myself.  :vipermanhiding:

Yeah, that's true!!  But we have a lot of fun!!!
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.