Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoodysGotaCuda

Apparently I need to upgrade my spoiler to a wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

73_Cuda_4_Me

:stop:

Please, please, please don't!!! Apparently, the one on the right is the best looking!
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

Mark_B

Fitted a stereo to my Challenger this evening.  Was going to go for Retrosound or Autosound but they don't do CD's, so got a Sony Mex with CD, USB and Bluetooth and choose one that didn't look to lairy.  It sounds amazing through the 6x9 Alpines.  Very happy :)

Mark
www.dodgechallenger.uk

73_Cuda_4_Me

Did you end up having to trim the lower dash trim for clearance for the radio bezel? I ended up filing the lower right corner of mine to get my bezel to fit..
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

YellowThumper

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on September 14, 2018, 11:57:36 AM

May want to get that inside. Looks like rain is coming. No more wing needed
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: YellowThumper on September 14, 2018, 08:33:37 PM
Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on September 14, 2018, 11:57:36 AM

May want to get that inside. Looks like rain is coming. No more wing needed

It got wet from Denton to the Oklahoma stateline.

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

bentpshrods

My new cam project is one of those deals that has fought me from the start. To add to the fun as I was putting the motor back together the engine decided to fall off my engine stand. The stand is one my brother had made in shop class. I've used it a lot but it had been awhile and the bolts to mount it to the block were gone. I just used what I had lying around. The steel  washers I came up with had too large of a hole for the bolt heads, so I grabbed some other washers to put behind them.  These other washers were a thin galvanized kind--not steel which I did not notice. So as I was putting the pan back on and pressed down a bit to seat it against the rubber gasket it hit the ground. The bolt heads pulled right thru those thin washers. Smashed the timing chain cover, bent the oil dipstick tube, broke off a fitting to the oil pressure gauge. AH CRAP.  A call to Dave at Roseville  solved the problem. I guess the only good thing is it just missed smashing my foot when it fell. That would of really pissed me off. 

halftrackman

GoodysGotaCuda

403 trouble-free miles since Friday afternoon in the books! We ran up to Oklahoma City to participate in their "Hot Rod Hundred" car cruise and made our way back to Texas.
I was able to knock down 20mpg on the way up North cruising at 80-83mph. 👍
In typical fashion we caught quite a bit of rain, but had fun nonetheless!
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

DodgeGuy

Finally took the time to install my new Kenwood stereo in the '74 Challenger.

Such a great addition to the car...music and muscle cars just go hand in hand.

As always, nothing is quite as easy as you think it's going to be, even with something as simple as installing a new car stereo.   :dunno:

But the install is complete, I just need to button up a few things.

This week I'm getting her ready for the first car show I've ever entered  :cooldance:, it's a really big local show that usually has anywhere around 600-800 cars, so I can't wait to experience it now as an actual owner, plus get to see the cars!! :wowzers:

1974 Dodge Challenger Rallye
360 4Barrel HP
Factory 4-Speed

cudaragtop

Put my "Year of Issue Plate" on.
No more license fees for the 'Cuda!

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

JS29

usraptor

Absolutely nothing! I'm sitting in a trailer park while my beloved 'Cuda is safely tucked away in my son's garage because we have been evacuated as a result of two wild fires that have burned over 80K acres and are threatening our community.  So far over 2K homes have been evacuated and over 6K people displaced.  First thing we did was move the Cuda to my son's house.  You gotta have your priorities straight.  :D  Been evacuated sine last Thursday with no end in sight as the fire has camped out on the mountain behind us and is 0% contained due to the steep mountain terrain.  Fortuantely being the No.1 fire in the nation we have the No.1 Federal fire fighting managers and "hot shot" crews on scene.  Over 1K with another 500 enroute.  They have done a tremendous job of building dozer lines and fire breaks around our city and for now unless the winds really go nuts our houses look safe. Prayer for rain! 
Side  note: after my son drove the Cuda to his house (his first time driving it) I received a text from him, and I quote: "You're not getting the 'Cuda back!"  LOL

Mark_B

Quote from: 73_Cuda_4_Me on September 14, 2018, 03:08:11 PM
Did you end up having to trim the lower dash trim for clearance for the radio bezel? I ended up filing the lower right corner of mine to get my bezel to fit..

I fitted the radio bezel behind the lower dash trim.  Seemed to fit ok.
Mark
www.dodgechallenger.uk