Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mark_B

Fitted my Christmas present, shiny new alloy American Racing centre caps. Much better than the vacuum metalized plastic ones.

303 Mopar

Quote from: Mark_B on December 29, 2018, 04:17:27 AM
Fitted my Christmas present, shiny new alloy American Racing centre caps. Much better than the vacuum metalized plastic ones.

That looks fast just sitting there...

YellowThumper

Officially rednecked my Challenger with zip ties and bailing wire.

Short story is, it's temporary as a trial for ele fan controller.

Previous dual fan jy setup could not be controlled properly with it. For a year now I have manually been running them as needed. I am now trying another one from a F_rd. If pwm controller can function correct I will set it up properly. If not all goes in scrap heap and I purchase aftermarket ones to use.

Mike
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Mark_B

A few weeks back my Son's school had a car show event, so I though I take along my Challenger and Mustang.  I locked them up (or so I thought) and went for a walk around, then came back and the doors were open and there was a queue of kids waiting to sit in my cars!  They were pulling all the controls and one of them put the car into neutral and release the handbrake!  Anyway they seem to like the Challenger, nothing like that around here.

Here are some photos.

Chryco Psycho

Mark_B

Carefully spraying the headlamp surrounds, 2 layers of primer, 5 layers of Hammerite and sanding in between.

And a shot of the car in the sun.

YellowThumper

Rewired my electric because it was spinning in reverse. Controller still would not work properly with the jy pulled factory fan setup. They will not turn on with the variable pulse controller until they reach the peak temp for full power. After they are on they will slow and rise as necessary. But not until car gets way too hot. Spals have now been ordered and will fab my own shroud for them.

Would be a good time to fire up my build thread also.
Mike.

Mike.

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: YellowThumper on January 06, 2019, 07:30:36 PM
Rewired my electric because it was spinning in reverse. Controller still would not work properly with the jy pulled factory fan setup. They will not turn on with the variable pulse controller until they reach the peak temp for full power. After they are on they will slow and rise as necessary. But not until car gets way too hot. Spals have now been ordered and will fab my own shroud for them.

Mike.

Good luck. I am running V6 ford contour fans, they kick pretty hard on high [current wise], i can see me going to a pwm controller at some point. I just wish my ecu was structured just a little bit differently to handle engine temp and a/c input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

YellowThumper

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on January 06, 2019, 07:49:21 PM
Quote from: YellowThumper on January 06, 2019, 07:30:36 PM

Mike.

Good luck. I am running V6 ford contour fans, they kick pretty hard on high [current wise], i can see me going to a pwm controller at some point. I just wish my ecu was structured just a little bit differently to handle engine temp and a/c input.

I think that is what I have also. Wired in without all the factory controllers setup. Wasn't interested in learning how they functioned from factory.
End of day I am going to prefer my own fab setup anyway.
Mike

Mike.

js27

After 6 weeks of rain the sun finally came out and the temps were near 70 so the top came down and we headed for a hot dog and some ice cream and a nice LONG cruise.
JS27

GoodysGotaCuda

Parts are slowly trickling in to rebuild my differential. Crush sleeve eliminator showed up, the rest of the parts should be in today...I haven't driven the Cuda in three whole weeks!

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Cudajason

I unboxed parts for my winter project!

Let the fun begin!!!

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

YellowThumper

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on January 08, 2019, 05:37:34 AM

Parts are slowly trickling in to rebuild my differential. Crush sleeve eliminator showed up, the rest of the parts should be in today...I haven't driven the Cuda in three whole weeks!

:unbelievable:

Mike.

cudaragtop

Received the cover I ordered for the Challenger. I put it on. Phew... beer time!

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

Cudakiller70

Absolutely nothing! I think that car hates me? So I worked on my marriage  :bigthumb: At least she loves me back. :andyangel: