Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

73440: That left side manifold isn't E-body.
Sheldon

JS29

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 21, 2019, 07:00:19 AM
73440: That left side manifold isn't E-body.
He mentioned they were for a 68-440, I would think he was referring to a B-body.  :alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

B-body would be okay, that ones a Sea body I think.
Sheldon

7E-Bodies

These things are coming undone??? Please educate me.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

340challconvert

Exhaust Manifold Casting# 2863409 - LH - 383 - 440 HP - C - Body - 1968-69 -

Fits 1968-69 C body Dodge Polara, 500, Monaco, 500, Plymouth Fury I, II, III, Sport Fury, VIP, Chrysler Newport, 300, New Yorker, Imperial Crown models.
This is the left side exhaust manifold. Use with 383-2, and 383-4 barrel engines w/o HP, and 440-4 engines with HP. package
:wrenching:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Right, they are correct for the engine , but LH  may be some work to make fit , if possible , as its for C body, going into Barracuda.
A 2463107 LH is installed now and fits well.
If the 2863409 has too much interference around the steering shaft or elsewhere , can leave the 2463107 in.

Or would it have been better for me to go with the b body 2843992, as those cars are smaller.

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 21, 2019, 07:18:44 AM
B-body would be okay, that ones a Sea body I think.
to

Thanks , @RUNCHARGER , Guess Ill start looking for 2843992 looks like for the 68-440.
I have to pull the LH off to replace a broke stud anyhow , will check how bad the 2863409 is then.
That kick out at the flange had me wondering , but had a C LH LP so , maybe another part for the part room or next ride now.

RUNCHARGER

The B-Body manifold will work but I believe the headpipe flange will be clocked wrong (I know one side is but I forget which one). I made one work once by chopping the flange off the headpipe, rotating and welding it back on. Sorry for the bad news.
Sheldon

360fish

Not today but recent...  bringing the Fish back to life...
Running idle...
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPhT1DsCWpvuV2d-3nnoiCjXYrx0kgjvEc-HarISxymaSaWAAJsv_Ooty-_h4C7zw?key=b29JSnlmbW1iSVBPMHFKc3lkOTNoSVlNMmF5T0tn

Maybe this link works?
1973 'Cuda   Semi-Pro Touring
360 SB - 518/OD auto tranny - FAST EZ EFI - Edelbrock Fuel sump - HHR fan
Hella H4 headlights on relays - 97 Dodge Avenger seats - Chin spoiler - Bumpers pulled in to '72 offset

7E-Bodies

I cleaned 50 years of sludge/ear wax out of the door latch mechanisms. Tired of the watered down solvents of today, I switched to a turkey pan with a gallon of diesel fuel in it (outside, away from ignition sources) and wow! I should've done that long ago. Clean as new, installed (temporarily for door alignment testing), and functionality was superb.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Ric

85 miles today....drove it everywhere , beautiful day just cruising

JH27N0B

Today was a bit frustrating.  There was a concours de elegance in the town of Geneva, about 30 miles southwest of me.  Last year, me and my friend Glen, who has 2 '71 Challengers, went to the concours and saw there was a parking lot at a courthouse adjacent to the street with the concours that had a variety of vintage cars parked there.  By an entrance to the lot, there were some ladies at a table and we asked them what the deal was with that parking lot.  They said for a $20 donation, any vintage car could display there.
Weather this weekend was perfect, so I drove my convertible with Glen following in his hot rodded '71 looking forward to displaying our cars in that parking lot.  We got there, and found a couple guys watching an entrance to the parking lot, and they told us "club parking only!".  So we ended up parking blocks away in a neighborhood, and worried if someone might mess with our cars while we left them unattended.
We saw a bunch of great cars and our cars were fine when we returned.  A nice day for a drive.  Still wish they'd publicized they'd changed the courthouse parking lot to club parking only though!

360fish

1973 'Cuda   Semi-Pro Touring
360 SB - 518/OD auto tranny - FAST EZ EFI - Edelbrock Fuel sump - HHR fan
Hella H4 headlights on relays - 97 Dodge Avenger seats - Chin spoiler - Bumpers pulled in to '72 offset

Cudakiller70