Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaMoparRay

After I cut it easily just slips on and off the shifter when not in use.

worthywads

Quote from: benlavigne on October 16, 2019, 12:44:37 PM
Quote from: worthywads on October 15, 2019, 07:48:51 PM
Quote from: benlavigne on October 12, 2019, 09:45:19 PM
This weekend is all about B-bodies!, ones with wings, mainly, as I am in Alabama for the 50th anniversary celebration of the aaaero cars Friday we were invited at Tim Wellborn's mansion, Saturday at the museum. Sunday we will caravan to Talladega for the race, there will be a special parking area on the infield.
Even Ricky Bobby is here!

Ben

I attended the Aero Warrior Reunion also Ben.  Did we run into each other, I did talk with a few Canadians.  I was with my Cousin Eric who had his Red/Orange Daytona, he also has a yellow Superbird.  You may have seen a video of him doing a donut in the American Inn parking lot if you are on the Aero Warrior Facebook page.

What a epic event.

Haha, saw the video, it had people talking... it's rare that you can say that, but which red Daytona was his? lol! I was with a few friends, one had an orange Bird that was driven 1500 miles to the show (had some stained glass decorations hung from the hood at the drive-in on Saturday), and one had the beater primer /red Daytona. Here's a pic of my ugly mug with a bunch of weird-looking cars...
What an epic event for sure, over 100 Birds, a dozen 500's  and 40 Daytonas in the same spot! Hope to make it again in 2024...

Ben

Here is his Daytona, we talked these 3 hippy chicks into posing on the wing.  It was way down at the end of the parking lot, we got there late as we had to hit the car wash after doing more donuts for a car writer for Road and Track.

My cousin the owner with the red Wisconsin shirt, by coincidence we were parked next to the opposite color combination daytona.

From the back.

Here is a picture of me from later in the day while Road and Track was doing more photos out in the country, I'm looking back and forth watching for traffic coming the other way.  The photographer had a safety harness and was cabled to the car and was hanging out the back getting action shots, we were traveling around 35 mph at the time.

392 Cuda

Calibrated my speedometer and worked on some transmission bugs.

jimynick

Quote from: anlauto on October 16, 2019, 10:20:09 AM
Quote from: YellowThumper on October 16, 2019, 08:32:31 AM
Quote from: 7E-Bodies on October 16, 2019, 04:31:03 AM
Curious about the beer comment. Scarce up there?
Lol my first thought with comment was they had a "history" there and would not be served.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: That's more believable !
I'll have you know that I resemble that remark, sir!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

benlavigne

Quote from: worthywads on October 16, 2019, 05:21:44 PM
Quote from: benlavigne on October 16, 2019, 12:44:37 PM
Quote from: worthywads on October 15, 2019, 07:48:51 PM
Quote from: benlavigne on October 12, 2019, 09:45:19 PM
This weekend is all about B-bodies!, ones with wings, mainly, as I am in Alabama for the 50th anniversary celebration of the aaaero cars Friday we were invited at Tim Wellborn's mansion, Saturday at the museum. Sunday we will caravan to Talladega for the race, there will be a special parking area on the infield.
Even Ricky Bobby is here!

Ben

I attended the Aero Warrior Reunion also Ben.  Did we run into each other, I did talk with a few Canadians.  I was with my Cousin Eric who had his Red/Orange Daytona, he also has a yellow Superbird.  You may have seen a video of him doing a donut in the American Inn parking lot if you are on the Aero Warrior Facebook page.

What a epic event.

Haha, saw the video, it had people talking... it's rare that you can say that, but which red Daytona was his? lol! I was with a few friends, one had an orange Bird that was driven 1500 miles to the show (had some stained glass decorations hung from the hood at the drive-in on Saturday), and one had the beater primer /red Daytona. Here's a pic of my ugly mug with a bunch of weird-looking cars...
What an epic event for sure, over 100 Birds, a dozen 500's  and 40 Daytonas in the same spot! Hope to make it again in 2024...

Ben

Here is his Daytona, we talked these 3 hippy chicks into posing on the wing.  It was way down at the end of the parking lot, we got there late as we had to hit the car wash after doing more donuts for a car writer for Road and Track.

My cousin the owner with the red Wisconsin shirt, by coincidence we were parked next to the opposite color combination daytona.

From the back.

Here is a picture of me from later in the day while Road and Track was doing more photos out in the country, I'm looking back and forth watching for traffic coming the other way.  The photographer had a safety harness and was cabled to the car and was hanging out the back getting action shots, we were traveling around 35 mph at the time.

It was parked close to my friend's barn-fresh Daytona!
There was another Red/Black Daytona parked next to the Black/Red one again on Saturday, that black Daytona was stunning, with red interior and a 4-speed, spent some time talking to the owner, who also has a Red/Black Daytona! It was also in that shooting for R&T, I'd love to see the results...
It was next to another friend's freshly-restored Yellow Six-Barrell Superbird

Ben

ClarkWGrizwald

Quote from: 392 Cuda on October 16, 2019, 07:23:03 PM
Got any more pics of your center console? Looks sharp!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Cuda70-74

Built my own hood adjustment,sanded doors down to bare metal and finally installed my steering column
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

392 Cuda

Quote from: ClarkWGrizwald on October 18, 2019, 07:12:28 PM

It's a 2018 Challenger console.

Chryco Psycho

ClarkWGrizwald

Really really well!! Thank you! Looks great, functional armrest as well as cup holders and place to mount extra gauges etc. I like that alot. No cutting up the stock stuff either. Great job.

gzig5

Quote from: 392 Cuda on October 18, 2019, 07:40:20 PM

Looks sharp!   Is that shifter connected to a modern transmission or adapted to an old Torqueflite?

392 Cuda

Quote from: gzig5 on October 19, 2019, 01:47:06 PM
Quote from: 392 Cuda on October 18, 2019, 07:40:20 PM

Looks sharp!   Is that shifter connected to a modern transmission or adapted to an old Torqueflite?

Modern transmission (8HP70)... this console is better at hiding my gigantic transmission tunnel than the old one, and gave me a spot to hide a huge pile of wires and cables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

71vert340

I spent a few hours cleaning up the brake backing plates and spindles on my 74 Charger prior to reinstalling rotors and calipers. Removed 45 years of grease and grime. Well preserved underneath it all.
Terry

JH27N0B

We had a nice day for a change, so I took my car out for a drive.  It is in MCACN next month and fire code requires 1/4 tank or less.  I'd filled it up Labor day weekend and didn't foresee a problem with several shows and cruises coming up that month.  The weather turned out to be terrible and today is the first day I've had it out since Labor day!
At any rate, I got the tank down to just over 1/2, so I'm getting close.
While I had it out of the garage, I got out some dark red Testors paint and painted the "FOUR BARREL" on my emblems, they had faded to a mottled pink and look much better now!