Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

jimynick

Son Nick was over last night and we pulled the doors off the Challenger and stripped them, then we started on the 1/4s. Today I went shopping and bought a couple of pieces of 3/16" rod and then welded them to the bottom of my drivers door with an eye towards alleviating my 1/2-5/8" door/rocker gap that came from Mother Mopar. Lots of grinding (which ignited a previously unknown mouse house in the inner front corner of the drivers door) and some aluminum matrix filler on the seam. My wife is using a fine mixture of shame, cool derision and dismissal with just a soupcon of encouragement to keep me at it, bless her pea-pickin' little heart!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

YellowThumper

Quote from: jimynick on January 20, 2020, 06:06:07 PM
Son Nick was over last night and we pulled the doors off the Challenger and stripped them, then we started on the 1/4s. Today I went shopping and bought a couple of pieces of 3/16" rod and then welded them to the bottom of my drivers door with an eye towards alleviating my 1/2-5/8" door/rocker gap that came from Mother Mopar. Lots of grinding (which ignited a previously unknown mouse house in the inner front corner of the drivers door) and some aluminum matrix filler on the seam. My wife is using a fine mixture of shame, cool derision and dismissal with just a soupcon of encouragement to keep me at it, bless her pea-pickin' little heart!  :cheers:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :rofl:
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

303 Mopar

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

ec_co

after dropping the B off in October, I finally got the call today that he is starting metalwork ...  :veryexcited:   if all goes well, i'll have it back by end of Feb.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

JS29

:cool: Just the metal work or metal and filler?

ec_co

mostly metal work - rear partial quarters, driver side inner fender, typical front and rear window channel rot
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

YellowThumper

Cursed it out this morning. Parked it in garage last night hot. Hot because it blew a fuse and then a second for the electric fans. Had been driving it to work the last couple days because my DD broke down. I relegated the 68 Mustang to drive at first but it blew a head gasket or has cracked something. So moved on to the Challenger after that. Now I have a rental.!@#$%^&*.

Mike.

Mike.

RUNCHARGER

Well: The Mopar will be the quickest fix by the sound of it.
Sheldon

YellowThumper

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 28, 2020, 08:32:57 AM
Well: The Mopar will be the quickest fix by the sound of it.

Truth. Problem is I also have bathroom torn up. Gotta balance keeping the wife happy along with these repairs. Mustang actually is taking precedence because my 18 year old daughter has taken interest and wants to drive it to college.

Just another hiccup in a car guys process.

Mike.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

YellowThumper

As a follow up to the saga of issues. Today I checked and turns out one of the fans had a bearing go out. Summit order today. Will bend up and finally finish a custom shroud I have been planning for it. Pics are of the one I made for Falcon a few months ago.

Mike.

Chryco Psycho

jimynick

I drove to the 'Falls today and picked up my Detroit Muscle Technologies parts for my Challenger. Shout out to the folks at Detroit Muscle; I'd forgotten to include the door handle gaskets on the original order within 5 minutes of placing and paying for it, and so I called and left a message to include them and that I'd square up for them. I got a call back from a nice young lady (God help me I've forgotten her name) and she graciously said she'd send them too and that I should just speak well of them in recompense. Well, that's exactly what I'm doing. I grabbed them today, the nice border man said "have a nice day" and they're at home in the shop awaiting their turn. Yesterday I bought new hinges for the hood and doors, and it's coming along, slowly but surely. Boy, I wish I could win the lottery and have someone ELSE finish it! lol  Not an F'n chance.  :))
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

dodj

Quote from: YellowThumper on January 28, 2020, 08:16:33 PM
As a follow up to the saga of issues. Today I checked and turns out one of the fans had a bearing go out. Summit order today. Will bend up and finally finish a custom shroud I have been planning for it. Pics are of the one I made for Falcon a few months ago.
How do you cut everything so neatly?
I can cut up metal bits but it looks like a kindergarten kid did it compared to your work.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill