Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

I looked at mine for the first time since June 20.  :inlove:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: dodj on August 30, 2020, 05:56:03 PM
@GoodysGotaCuda
What's the strap doing?
Nothing now but it gave me some tank wiggle room on that bracket it's hooked to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Topcat

Quote from: Scooter on August 30, 2020, 06:10:04 PM
Quote from: Topcat on August 30, 2020, 04:10:24 PM
Finally cooling off enough to work in the garage again.

Spent a lot of time cleaning extinguisher residue off since the fire.
It was good knowing the engine at least ended up on number 1 when the harness caught fire.

Drove thru Fremont yesterday, weather was awesum. Took my youngest son to Weiner schnitzel off Fremont and Thornton for a soft serve Sunday. Got some Corn dogs and chili cheese dogs to go. I remember my parents taking me there in the late 60's and early 70's. Worth the drive.. we don't have a schhnitz close on the peninsula any more.   :thumbdown:

Engine is looking good.. what are you using to remove the extinguisher residue?? Just elbow grease?

You were really close to me.
I live 7 miles from Weinerschnizel. I eat there a lot.

Started with baking soda and water, then onto green stuff and 3M pads.

BIGSHCLUNK

Took NIKKI for a run across town. Felt good, low dew point, she's was lovin' the air today  :burnout:

YellowThumper

Drove it to a local car show (Friday) and then promptly turned around and took it home.
I have added a million miles of new wiring (slight exaggeration).  All added to avoid touching factory harness.
Now I have a short in factory harness that popped up. Both left and right turn signals in dash are glowing dim. Alt is also only putting out 12v. Exact reason I did not touch it.  :pullinghair:
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Scooter

Quote from: YellowThumper on August 31, 2020, 11:09:54 AM
Drove it to a local car show (Friday) and then promptly turned around and took it home.
I have added a million miles of new wiring (slight exaggeration).  All added to avoid touching factory harness.
Now I have a short in factory harness that popped up. Both left and right turn signals in dash are glowing dim. Alt is also only putting out 12v. Exact reason I did not touch it.  :pullinghair:

Ug.. spark chasing. Had similar issue with a floating ground on a 77 Yamaha 750 I once owned. The entire cluster would glow when I was on the throttle.

Only 12v? Your battery should be over 13v sitting still if it's good. If that's not it, gotta be the voltage regulator or alternator right?

7212Mopar

My instrument face panel simulated wood grain was all scratched up. So time to do some freshen up. Got the instrument panel and console face plate done over the weekend. Fairly straight forward just takes time to remove the old glue and let the overlay dry thoroughly. Forgot to order the door trim pieces so that now has to wait for that. Overall I like the fresh look. The light bar is still off. I am thinking to drill some holes in the blue plastic to let more light out on the instrument panel. I already changed the bulbs to LEDs.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

YellowThumper

Quote from: Scooter on August 31, 2020, 02:50:43 PM
Quote from: YellowThumper on August 31, 2020, 11:09:54 AM

Ug.. spark chasing. Had similar issue with a floating ground on a 77 Yamaha 750 I once owned. The entire cluster would glow when I was on the throttle.

Only 12v? Your battery should be over 13v sitting still if it's good. If that's not it, gotta be the voltage regulator or alternator right?
Had a long standing issue with my original vreg signal wire showing low voltage. Bypassed that by utilizing a relay a few years ago and has been rock steady at 13.5v for a couple years now. Its wiring hasn't changed since then.
The issue appears to be power that is back feeding.

Mike.

Cudajason

I opened the garage and looked at mine...still waiting on parts fro the trasn swap!   :tired:

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Brads70

I figure I have been spending much more time on the Javelin lately , so I took the Challenger out for a spin today and burned up 1/4 tank of fuel! Sure was beautiful weather here today, temp/humidity was perfect!

blown motor

I'm thinking of doing the same thing Brad. Just got done putting new inside door emblems on the Charger.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cuda70-74

Testing fitting the doors on my cuda before i paint them. With help of my brother. I also test fitted some rims on my charger lol
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

YellowThumper

Unplugged some connectors. Removed and reinstalled fuses trying to narrow down shorting fault.

Mike.

dodj

Quote from: YellowThumper on September 06, 2020, 07:09:40 PM
Unplugged some connectors. Removed and reinstalled fuses trying to narrow down shorting fault.
Maybe not related, but in another post you said lights were on dim. You may have a poor ground somewhere, if the 12v is being shared across a couple loads rather than one?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Topcat

I don't think many did much on the west coast.
100 degrees everywhere.    :Thud: