Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Scooter

I still have the $3 lower exhaust gasket in the glovebox of my 67 Fairlane that resulted in the motor being pulled. It would appear we are members of the same club.... lol.  :))

rikkitik

QuoteBeen there.  Done that.  Have multiple copies of that t-shirt.   
QuoteAh the infamous dreaded " mission creep"  . Happens to us all , yep its a sickness!  :yes:
😅 yup, I'm VERY familiar with, "project escalation", myself. And, TBH, if I didn't have "the other car" taking up garage space, I would have pulled the engine completely.
The engine is fresh, but I didn't build it, I NEVER trust other people's work........trust issues, ya know? 🙄 But I just don't have the room right now. 😉

jimynick

Well, I pulled those shiny interior, doors off the stands- has anyone else noted that those damn doors have gained weight over the years?- and went upstairs and dragged (not literally) the deck lid down, sanded the interior, blew it off, washed it and masked the whole car to prevent overspray on my nice shiny rockers and lock pillars and that's when Mommy signalled the Chinese food (about the only thing Chinese that I like these days) was here and that's when the ol' ambition went for a burton as the Chirppers say. Tomorrow's another day!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Actually uncovered the Challenger today and fired her up.  Been a couple months. But the bigger project was to try to fix the stupid gas cap light in the Jeep. I had purchased a new ESIM but had not put it on yet. So yes I worked on a Mopar today...  fixed the error light too.

Cudajason

I ordered a bunch of parts...other then that, not much.
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

Quote from: Cudajason on February 20, 2021, 07:22:13 PM

You say that like it's nothing, but every time I give anybody advice about how to restore a car and actually get it finished....My advice is. Do one thing every day towards the restoration...even if it's just researching parts or ordering parts....keep that promise to yourself, and you'll finish your restoration in no time... :alan2cents: :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

@anlauto i wish you'd write a book. I may be hitting you up as my project progresses to the more complex stages.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

jimynick

I tricked myself into going out to the garage- only for an hour or two; yeah, right- and 5 hours of sanding later, blew some of that amazing Nason SS black onto the inside of my deck lid and seam sealed and painted the inners of my fenders. I don't know if I've got enough to do the hood inside, but we'll see. It's good to actually see some colour coming onto the old crate and I'll try to forget that there's still hours and hours of block sanding yet to come! Scotch helps in that regard, I find. Och aye!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

71vert340

After driving my son's 71 Challenger (yellow car in photo) a few weeks ago and having to back it into the garage, I decided it was time to put a mirror on the passenger side door. We re storing it for him (16 years now) and we park it with the drivers door towards the center of the garage. My wife always has to guide me in so I don't scrape up the passenger side. I bought the mirror and installed it today. What a world of difference.  See the photo attached. I installed the passenger door mirror on my 74 Rallye Charger (B5 blue) a couple of weeks ago as a practice to do the Challenger. I sent a photo of the mirror installed on his Challenger and he likes it. I don't know how he drove it to high school and after for so long without the mirror. Anyway, it's done. He's thinking of shipping the car to his home in Virginia from here in Washington state.
Terry W.

Cudajason

Quote from: anlauto on February 21, 2021, 06:58:02 AM
Quote from: Cudajason on February 20, 2021, 07:22:13 PM

You say that like it's nothing, but every time I give anybody advice about how to restore a car and actually get it finished....My advice is. Do one thing every day towards the restoration...even if it's just researching parts or ordering parts....keep that promise to yourself, and you'll finish your restoration in no time... :alan2cents: :drinkingbud:

That is a pretty smart approach.  Even though I am not restoring my car, I would love to be able to do something on it everyday.  At this point in the year, it is the cold that prevents me form doing much.  My unheated garage is not a fun place to be in this weather.

Although now that I will have the parts I need, I may have a little more motivation, that and March typically brings warmer weather.

Time to get :wrenching:

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

+12 here right now. I should wash the vehicles but I'm too tired after sanding on kitchen cabinets.
Sheldon

Cuda70-74

Having fun with gen 3 wiring  :ohyeah:
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

Brads70

Quote from: Cuda70-74 on February 22, 2021, 03:09:45 PM

Ugg hats of to you! I'd be lost, looks like spaghetti .  :whiteflag:

dodj

Quote from: Cuda70-74 on February 22, 2021, 03:09:45 PM
That could be a little neater.....

Nothing wrong with Red Stripe!
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill