Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RJChallenger

:twothumbsup: To Ryan at Cross Canada as he has found me a pass side rear frame rail, that was ordered for stock by some shop, somewhere? but never resold. I should have it next week if all goes well.  Just about everything on that site is "low stock" or "out of stock". I did manage to buy there last (supposedly) full drivers side quarter in Canada and maybe even the states $390 Canadian. No stock of the Pass side, but can special order from some place for $750 Canadian. I was hoping to put the car back on the road, fix mechanical issues then worry about the body later, but if its this hard now to get parts for our cars then I cant wait. Hope the Misses doesn't see the visa bill this month LOL.  :veryexcited: :woohoo: :ohyeah:

RUNCHARGER

Good for you: Yes, snatch up what you can. In this day and age you never know if they'll make another run of parts....
Sheldon

rikkitik

I set up the B3 geometry correction kit, and rocker side clearance. Also made sure the valve covers would clear the assembly.

jimynick

After finding out that the fender block-sanding wasn't going as easily as I'd hoped while working on the right one, I pulled the left one off, and on to the stand, and hit it with my blocks and some 240, and I can't begin to express my "joy" as I found out that it was even further from straight than the rt one was!!! I ended up having to skim 3 different spots and left the S.O.B. to harden up overnight. I did manage to shoot some SS onto the back and h/l buckets of the header so that we can reassemble it without having grey primer peeking out hither and thither! Son Nick glassbeaded the fender louvers and I'll get them primed soon as well. Fun? Wow!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

soundcontrol

Got some parts for my 70 Barracuda from MoparDave today! Gonna prepare it for the summer soon.

FF376

Great day in Central VA to do some good old fashioned maintenance. Fresh fluids, grease,tire pressure and brake adjustment and she should be good to go for the rest of the cruising season....

Scooter

Quote from: rikkitik on April 22, 2021, 05:55:54 PM
I set up the B3 geometry correction kit, and rocker side clearance. Also made sure the valve covers would clear the assembly.

Nice! What heads, rocker & valve covers are you using? Just ordered a set of promaxx heads for my 360 and I'm shopping roller rockers.

Ricomondo

Just got the TA back from getting a new headliner.
Hand wiped it down as I got caught in a brief rain shower taking it there.

Some nice warm weather would be great!
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

Dakota

Finished up adding mufflers (car only had resonators when I bought it) so the exhaust note is more pleasant.   This included new pipes between the resonators and mufflers plus the correct resonator hangars too - all from Accurate Exhaust.   I have temporarily removed the rear sway bar as the frame rail brackets were too low which created an interference issue with the new pipes.   The brackets are too narrow to go any higher (even if I remove some of the coating on the frame rails), so I'll probably have to make some new brackets eventually.  Also had to drop out my tranny to do a bit of machining on a support for my hydraulic throwout bearing as I didn't have hardly any freeplay on my clutch pedal before (I'll do a separate thread on this work in case someone else runs into the same problem).

After all that, lowered the Challenger off the jacks stands she's been sitting on since November and got to take her out for her maiden voyage of 2021.   :stayinlane: With the hotter thermostat installed earlier this month it looks like the FiTech computer is starting to make adjustments as the fuel trim numbers aren't as significant as they were last year.

Overall a good day.  I'm still smiling!

blown motor

Took the Charger out this morning and a friend did a timing check and adjustment. I think we made a small gain but things still aren't right. Sometimes it's missing a bit but for a while today it ran smooth. There was once it launched as it should and oh my!
Took the Challenger for a run this evening and as usual it ran great.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

jimynick

Murray, I can't remember what carb is on Black Betty and wondered if maybe we should yank the carb off mine and stick it on just to see what, if anything, it does to your drivability issues? My old gal isn't going anywhere soon.  :dunno:

blown motor

Others have suggested that too Ian. It's got an 800, I have a 650 on the Challenger and a 600 on the shelf so I could swap one on. 

jimynick

It might be nice to eliminate at least one variable, eh? As for me, Nick and I spent 4 hours with sanding blocks  "rampant" this afternoon, and I later hammered on another coat of primer, that I hope is also the last one. Please God!! Nicky's been my "conscience" lately and he gets me out to the garage and working on the old gal. He's also quickly picking up the finer points of block sanding and that makes my life easier. Yea!  :cheers:

blown motor

I'd come and help you with all that block sanding Ian but as you know we're in a lockdown here.  :pokeeye:

Cudajason

I stripped my rear valance and spray bombed it with some primer and then flat black. I burned the paint of it when I screwed up my exhaust install.

Its in pretty rough shape, but it will do for now. 

Slowly crossing things off my to do list and she is almost ready to go for the summer. 

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.