Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Dumped last years oil, swapped in a new Napa gold oil filter, poured in a few litres of Amzoil Z-rod 10w30. and fired it up. No leaks...all good. Looked out the window and saw snow.....no cruising for a while yet.... :verymad:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

jimynick

"I'd come and help you with all that block sanding Ian but as you know we're in a lockdown here. " LOL! No worries Murray, besides, I figure Kevin will have you out in the fields on a tractor pretty soon anyhow! Be safe and let us know how you make out in "The Further Adventures of Black Betty" . She is a beauty and it'll be sweet when she starts to act like one!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

soundcontrol

Welding on my wifes 65 Barracuda. One fender done.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

dodj

Quote from: soundcontrol on April 27, 2021, 03:13:53 PM
Welding on my wifes 65 Barracuda. One fender done.
Nice work.
If I remember right, you are now working on two 'cudas and two Challengers.  Kinda simultaneously. Think you will get a volume discount if you bring them all to the paint shop at the same time?   :D
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

soundcontrol

Quote from: dodj on April 29, 2021, 06:29:10 AM
Nice work.
If I remember right, you are now working on two 'cudas and two Challengers.  Kinda simultaneously. Think you will get a volume discount if you bring them all to the paint shop at the same time?   :D

Thanks, working on my wife's Barracuda, (it's prio 1, says my wife!) driving mine in Rat mode (just some minor fixes for the summer), the Challenger convertible is on hold at least until the 65 goes to paint, my 73 project is in storage. I have things to do at least the next 10 years! No hurry, it's therapy for me. (Steel Therapy, good band name!  :D)

Cudajason

I fabbed up some valve cover baffles on the hopes i can stop the oil leaking from the breather and PCV grommet.

Pretty quick job.

I also cleaned up the covers a bit, solid black was killing me.

Now I just need some gaskets!
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

7212Mopar

There will still be minor oil coming out even with baffles in place and my PCV is working. Seems like the engine crankcase will be positive at some point of operation. I am thinking is when you step on the fun paddle.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

FF376

Got home in time to check out a local cruise in. Some neat rides showed up. The yellow vert is an original 318 car but had a nice 440/727 swap. The Scamp is a Slant 6 with a manual sunroof. The Javelin I'm told  is an original Mark Donohue with a 390 4speed....

Cudajason

Quote from: 7212Mopar on April 30, 2021, 06:50:11 PM
There will still be minor oil coming out even with baffles in place and my PCV is working. Seems like the engine crankcase will be positive at some point of operation. I am thinking is when you step on the fun paddle.

Understood.  I figure it has to be better the no baffles.  My breather gets saturated very quickly and then drips onto the valve covers at all times.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

dodj

Added a smaller diameter steering wheel.

gzig5

Quote from: dodj on May 10, 2021, 03:57:59 PM
Added a smaller diameter steering wheel.
What seats are those?  Look very supportive.

dodj

They are and they are a great seat in my opinion.  They hold you in place.  Not like the stock seats......
GS1 Sportsman seats.  Bought them from JEGS.

YellowThumper

Drove it to a local show.
We were represented well.
No pic but also a purple r/t I have shown before.
This vert was nice. Interesting on the fender tags. A lot of "special" but no vin tag.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

gzig5

Never seen anything like those tags.  Are they real from the factory or something that was made up?