Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: CNUMB on May 22, 2021, 09:37:39 AM
Did the rear seats of the 71.. I know this is not correct year material, but the front seats were already done with this style when I got the car last year... Not bad for the first time..

That looks really good  :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: jimynick on May 19, 2021, 09:12:56 PM
Just the usual 3-4 hours blocking primer. I re-hung the rt fndr and am going to also do the left one and them it's throw the hood back on time, and then on to trying for a half-assed fit all 'round. It was 82'F today and the primer dust makes a Marcel Marceau imitation pretty easy.  :cheers:

:)  one of these days , I'm going to read your update and see you got some paint on the old girl. I feel for you, I hate sanding , it never seems to end.... :cheers:

340challconvert

Quote from: YellowThumper on May 19, 2021, 12:58:25 PM
Preparing it for a precession of oldies transporting my wife's sister's ashes to her eternal resting place.
These cars represent a significant part of all our lives.

Ultimately yes covid....
She was only 58.
Condolences :andyangel:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

jimynick

Quote from: Brads70 on May 22, 2021, 02:40:49 PM
Quote from: jimynick on May 19, 2021, 09:12:56 PM
Just the usual 3-4 hours blocking primer. I re-hung the rt fndr and am going to also do the left one and them it's throw the hood back on time, and then on to trying for a half-assed fit all 'round. It was 82'F today and the primer dust makes a Marcel Marceau imitation pretty easy.  :cheers:

:)  one of these days , I'm going to read your update and see you got some paint on the old girl. I feel for you, I hate sanding , it never seems to end.... :cheers:
Boy Brad, I sure hope you're right! I've got to keep the nose to the old grindstone, that's for sure!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

FSHTAIL

I did nutserts for the shifter boot surround, new boot, new carpet..

That soldering iron trick worked great that I heard about in here. 
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

soundcontrol

Changing the water pump on my Barracuda, after hitting my head 3 times on the hood release, I wrapped it in a towel!  :headbang:
Also gonna clean up a bit in the front of the engine while everything is out, been collecting dirt and rust for 50 years.

Anyone knows if the bolt in the second picture really should be over 5" long?
It was really stuck, and after many tries I managed to remove it, and it seems like it is at least 1" too long for that position.

Scooter

Quote from: soundcontrol on May 31, 2021, 07:38:32 AM
Changing the water pump on my Barracuda, after hitting my head 3 times on the hood release, I wrapped it in a towel!  :headbang:
Also gonna clean up a bit in the front of the engine while everything is out, been collecting dirt and rust for 50 years.

It was really stuck, and after many tries I managed to remove it, and it seems like it is at least 1" too long for that position.

I have a piece of tube foam I got used to putting over the hood release... brained myself a few more times than I care to admit on that sucker.  :verymad:

Skdmark

@soundcontrol According to the MMC Detroit e-body fastener guide, that bolt is 5.00-5.250" long
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

soundcontrol

Quote from: Skdmark on June 01, 2021, 01:41:28 PM
@soundcontrol According to the MMC Detroit e-body fastener guide, that bolt is 5.00-5.250" long

Thanks! Yeah, looks like an original bolt, must be the coolant that has gotten in to the threads over the years.
Worst bolt I've seen, thought for sure it would break.

Cudajason

Took my old beater out for a spin with my son.

Car worked great, time to put some miles on it. 

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

dodj

Ah yes. AKA...'The Meat hook'

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

benguin

I replaced a stud on the left rear front leaf spring hanger, which I'd broken about 20 year ago when I put in new leaf springs.  I thought that would be a quick job.  Nope- ended up dropping the whole spring on the right side and had a bear lining it all back up with multiple jacks.

On the plus side, the replacement of my antenna bezel and keeper went much better!

blown motor

I put about 140 miles on the Charger today. I'm finally getting that car solved and it getting really fun to drive. I promised the Challenger I would take it out next time.  :D
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

jimynick

Couple of days ago I bit the bullet and climbed into the trunk and painted it's interior black like the car's going back to, and the next day, I masked the trunk interior and painted the upper edges where the trunk seal goes. That pretty much covers painting the interior of the doors, 1/4's, header, deck,rockers and trunk. Now to put the car back together in search of a half decent fit and get it into a paint booth for the whole enchilada.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

YellowThumper

Today was drive it to work day as the wife's DD broke down. About 50 miles round trip. Along with stopping at a local show.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.