Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7212Mopar

Thanksgiving day and the day I say goodbye to my 2012 6 speed SRT Yellow Jacket. 10 years and 7 months of pride ownership. 1 of 1500 or so of combine auto and manual cars. About 40% were manual cars. Car has never been driven in the rain. Garaged the first two years and then park on drive way under car cover when not driven on weekends. It has 29500 miles on the odometer. My son is learning to drive and have to make room and to manage the expecting car insurance premium spike. I will always remember how much fun I have with the car. Car is going to my bother in law so it stays in the family. My 73 will stay with me until I am no longer around.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

chargerdon

Yesterday my car club PiedmontCCC participated in the annual Nightime Light Christmas parade. My 66 Charger was decorated with rope lights from front to rear on both sides ...colored flashing with battery power.  I used the Charger instead of my 74 Challenger because its much bigger on inside.   

I carried my wife and three grandkids in the rear seat...and parades travel slow... dead slow... but the Charger held its temp during the 2 mile long trip so the old girl did wonderful... spectators yelling Merry Christmas and Lets hear it...so i would oblige and rev it in neutral and the crowds always applauded. My 3 grandkids aged 12, 11, and 7 loved it !! Great fun !!

MoparCarGuy

Removed the hood pin bezels to take care of some minor scratches from the hairpins.
220 grit, 400 grit, and buffed with Meguiar's Hot Rims Mag and Aluminium Polish.

Green_horn

New guy here. I finished repainting my '70. Typical garage job. I have owned this car for 20 years. I have very little money for the restoration so I have done everything myself.

Skid Row

:ohyeah:Looks good GH! Doing what many of us have to do.

Jay Bee

blown motor

I finally got around to wiping the bugs of the front end and windshield of my cars after their last runs of the season.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

71vert340

Quote from: Green_horn on December 04, 2022, 11:22:19 PM
New guy here. I finished repainting my '70. Typical garage job. I have owned this car for 20 years. I have very little money for the restoration so I have done everything myself.

@Green_horn 
It looks good. What brand of paint did you use for your final color? Like you, I do all the work myself including paint. I just finished a 74 Charger Rallye in September and I'm now working on a 72 Challenger.

usraptor

Briefly woke it up from it's long winter nap and uncovered and opened the hood to take some measurements for another forum member then tucked her in and covered her back up.
Green horn, paint job looks good.  :twothumbsup:  If you put enough clear on it a good cut and buff will removed any imperfections.  Looking forward to seeing your progress on her.  Like you I did most of my own restoration because of finances.  However, I did have someone else do the body work and paint.  'Course that someone else was a best friend who gave me a killer dealer, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford it.

340challconvert

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Cuda_mark

I finally got my rear seat covers from Legendary!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blown motor

Quote from: Cuda_mark on December 23, 2022, 08:58:53 AM

How long did it take?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cuda_mark

Quote from: blown motor on December 23, 2022, 11:50:31 AM
Quote from: Cuda_mark on December 23, 2022, 08:58:53 AM

How long did it take?
About 8 months

anlauto

Rolled this under and bolted her in  :D
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

soundcontrol

Quote from: Green_horn on December 04, 2022, 11:22:19 PM

That looks great! 
In the 80's I painted my 67 Dart GT in a garage, tried to cover up all stuff with plastic like you did but I got sticky paint dust everywhere. Weeks to clean it up.
Didn't have any ventilation.