Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

I received and unboxed my complete exhaust system that arrived today from Accurate Exhaust. I laid it all out and verified all parts arrived safely. Not so much as a scratch! Very pleased. Communication was absolutely five star.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

Drove this out of the shop under it's own power for likely the first time in over 30 years...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Blowout

340challconvert

Quote from: anlauto on April 14, 2023, 02:43:52 PM
Drove this out of the shop under it's own power for likely the first time in over 30 years...

Beautiful

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on April 14, 2023, 02:43:52 PM
Nice Challenger.....sorry.... :))....soooo many people say nice charger when looking over my car...lol
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

jimynick

That Charger is a beauty Alan  :bigthumb: and it looks a whole lot better than the last time I saw it! For myself, son Nick and I pulled the diff out of my Challenger and swapped in the new one. Had some fun with the end play, but figured it out eventually. I'll get the SG (actually Ford) fluid in first and then the gear lube and hopefully then get the car off the stands and weather permitting take it on a test drive. It'll be hard driving/shifting all while keeping my fingers crossed, but it needs to happen. Wish me luck!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

YellowThumper

Today in SoCal @ Spring Fling.
The Blue Cuda past my yellow Challenger and the white Cuda is Graveyard Cars rebuild of the "Phoenix Cuda" The one that burned to the ground.

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Cudajason

I put the power steering pump back together, assembled all the hydro boost lines, did a bit of bleeding on the HB system and pulled it out of the garage.

I took a quick spin around the block and she seems to stop ok and no leaks.  So, I think I am good to go!

The new springs seems to have bit better ride, hard to tell on a short drive.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

gzig5

Time to get the last few issues on the roof under-structure taken car of before the quarters and roof go back on.  Passenger side not too bad but driver's is a bit of a mess.
I was going to re-create the section above the driver's door but since AMD makes it now for $75 I splurged.  Got the corner piece remnant from a member.

After I rolled it out and cleaned out all the crap stored on/in it over the winter.

Was going to splice in a patch, but then decided to just do the entire panel. 

jimynick

Good decision on installing the complete panel! As for me, I crawled under the old gal and with a wee funnel tried to pour my 4 oz. bottle of Ford friction additive that Dr.Diff recommends into my diff. Maybe it was the trying to inject some Ford DNA, but somehow I got about 3 ozs in the diff and the rest down my sleeve and I can tell you that that green slime stinks. I later read that bottle and noted that they said "don't get it on your skin or clothing! Oh oh, I'm two for two! I found a virgin jug of Mopar gear oil and using a different flexible funnel managed to get most of it in- you know where the rest went, eh? I then opened my second bottle and put it in?? WTF? Still not full? So off to the local Mopar store for more. I almost fell over when buddy told me the price of that gear oil. Take a guess- list is $27+ tax of 13% per litre!! Thank God I have an account there and my price was $15 tax in. Getting back home and crawling under again, I found that the diff actually WAS full and had just begun to seep over the edge of the hole! Oh well. now I have some spare fluid, right?  :rolleyes:  I then put the wheels back on and finally got in the old gal and kicked her into life. Holding my breath, I put it into gear and let out the clutch; the wheels went around and there weren't any grinding, snapping, crunching or whirring noises so I put her into second gear and revved it to 3000 rpm and it seemed ok. The exhaust is too loud inside the garage to give a full blessing, but I'm hopeful. Kudos to Cass at Dr.Diff for the parts and holding my hand during the build. If it stops snowing and dries out, I'll take 'er on a wee test ride. Wish me luck!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

71-440

I posted this in the need help thread as an update.

Yesterday I got the water pump,alternator and power steering pump/reservoir installed.
Good thing I took pictures before I broke it down. Had to play with the spacers and switched out a couple bolts that were too short in my opinion.
Was hoping to get more done but maybe Friday I'll have some more time.

Joe

anlauto

I bought this car today from my customer...he wanted out  :dunno: Got tired of waiting for FHO to come through with the Hemi :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda_mark

Quote from: anlauto on April 19, 2023, 06:54:45 PM
I bought this car today from my customer...he wanted out  :dunno: Got tired of waiting for FHO to come through with the Hemi :'(

What's the issue with them coming through with the HEMI? Parts lead times?

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda_mark on April 20, 2023, 05:40:37 AM

Not really sure...The engine builder sold his shop, packed up and moved to Florida...then the excuses started..I wasn't really involved, I just dropped their motor off at the builder they chose, 20 months ago  :dunno: The car has been finished and waiting for the motor since last June.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: anlauto on April 20, 2023, 05:55:50 AM
Quote from: Cuda_mark on April 20, 2023, 05:40:37 AM

Not really sure...The engine builder sold his shop, packed up and moved to Florida...then the excuses started..I wasn't really involved, I just dropped their motor off at the builder they chose, 20 months ago  :dunno: The car has been finished and waiting for the motor since last June.

Well, it looks like you scored a really awesome project in the meantime.