Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: soundcontrol on May 12, 2023, 10:07:21 AM

And thats not my Volvo, I don't do Windows and Volvo's!  :stop:
I hear Volvos are very fast tractors....so my Finnish friend says. :))
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

soundcontrol

Moved the cars in, looks like there's a lot of space in the picture (wide camera) but it's pretty tight with 2 cars in there.
The other room is not done yet, and that one has a bit more area. Then I have a side area for a workbench and shelfs for parts.
So once the other room is done, I will fit all my projects in one space.

Cudajason

I have the day off work, kids are at school, wife is working, dropped the pup at daycare....so O took the car out for the first spin of the year...it was short lived. Made it about 10 miles.

Temp was creeping up, over 200, so headed home. She hot 240 when I got home and puked water everywhere.  :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair: :pullinghair:
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

7212Mopar

Entrained air is not good for heat transfer.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

gzig5

Quote from: soundcontrol on May 16, 2023, 03:27:12 PM
Moved the cars in, looks like there's a lot of space in the picture (wide camera) but it's pretty tight with 2 cars in there.
The other room is not done yet, and that one has a bit more area. Then I have a side area for a workbench and shelfs for parts.
So once the other room is done, I will fit all my projects in one space.

I cannot express in words, how jealous I am.  :cheers:

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

Got this just about done  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

usraptor

After spending Friday cleaning, polishing and detailing my 'Cuda in preparation for the Utah Valley University car show on Sat (one of the biggest car shows in Utah) I came down with some kind of bug resulting in a high fever, dizziness and body aches and wasn't able to take the 'Cuda to the show after all.  Fortunately my son, who lives 15 minutes away, stepped up and he and two of his girls took it to the show where it won one of the Sponsor's Choice Awards.  He was amazed at the number of people who stopped to talk to him about the 'Cuda and got a kick out of all the people who keyed in on and "loved" the factory 8-track player and box of 8 tracks on the passenger floor board.  He was also surprised by the number of "it's my favorite car of the show" comments he got.  He actually complained that so many people wanted to talk to him about the car that he didn't get a chance to read the book be brought to pass the time.  :rofl:

7E-Bodies

I finally took the suggestions of a few members and just started putting together videos with narration. Since I was told the only way to post videos here was to upload them to YouTube, I just said what the hey, and with the help of a savvy friend and licensed drone pilot, I started a channel. Two episodes are up with many to follow. So if you're a YouTube user, make sure to like/subscribe/and click on notifications so you'll know when more get uploaded.
My goal is to be in paint this fall and assembly during the winter months. Should be fun.
Channel is called "ebodylodge"
https://youtu.be/lpeBv-o1_n0
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

soundcontrol

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on May 21, 2023, 10:11:56 AM
I finally took the suggestions of a few members and just started putting together videos with narration. Since I was told the only way to post videos here was to upload them to YouTube, I just said what the hey, and with the help of a savvy friend and licensed drone pilot, I started a channel. Two episodes are up with many to follow. So if you're a YouTube user, make sure to like/subscribe/and click on notifications so you'll know when more get uploaded.
My goal is to be in paint this fall and assembly during the winter months. Should be fun.
Channel is called "ebodylodge"
https://youtu.be/lpeBv-o1_n0

NICE! Subscribed.
And it starts with a drone shot! Love it, gonna watch it all tomorrow.

Dmod1974

Just rolled over 500mi on my build and had it up on jack stands to give everything a once over.  Alignment and ride height haven't budged, nothing was loose or rubbing, and no leaks.  I rebled the clutch one more time to make sure any trace bubbles were out, and it definitely seems to shift even better so there must have been a stray bubble or two.

Overall, the shakedown was fairly uneventful.  I'm almost bored not having stuff to replace or fix on it!  :)) :)) :))

I took it to its first car show, and it was my first time having a car in a show too.  First of many I'm sure!  I need to get it to the track now that it's pretty much broken in; Byron might be the only option since Rt 66 doesn't sound like they are doing any test and tunes this year.  We went to the NHRA Top Fuel event yesterday and it was a blast!  First one that they've had since 2019.

chargerdon

Been having a problem blowing a fuse that operates the tachometer and then goes into the floor console and then down to the transmission.   I came to realize the the darn fuse would blow about every other time i jumped on the engine pretty hard.   

So, i looked underneath the car.    I had installed an A518 4sp automatic in the car and the wires are to the connector for the overdrive and the locking torque converter.    Underneath there aren't any good places to hold those wires up and they were laying across the Oil line that goes to the radiator.   Well that was two years ago and i found the wires there had worn bare and i guess when i jump on it the wires move and momentarily short out.   

Taped them up and then made a small bracket to hold them tighter against the floor pan...tested and all well...   

340challconvert

Sent out my 340 engine for my A66 Challenger vert, finally for a rebuild.
Got the engine back in 6 weeks.
Now installing Edelbrock heads designed for the hi compression 340 and an LD340 intake that I have had for years for a test fit!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

jimynick

I got out of bed at 5:45 and went out and moved the three vehicles in front of my garage door. Came back for brekkie and dawdled around until 7 (trying to take it easy on the neighbours) and fired the Challenger. She's pretty barky and I'm taking her to a muffler shop that I discussed the repair with yesterday. The replacement mufflers, actually resonators, have different intake tube sizing and then there's the matter of the new exhaust tips being 2.5" and the muffler outlet about 2.25". A real PITA that appeared to require shim tubing and double, different sized adapters. The shop guy yesterday had mentioned $400 and he'd put it together. I told him that I was perfectly capable and really only needed the tubes and he said "come back tomorrow, early!" hence my 7 am appearance. We got the car up on the hoist and talked some more and he said "would you do $200?" and I said "YEP" and away he went. About 2 hrs later, I returned to the shop to see how they were doing, just as he put the last spot of mig in and he did a beauty of a job! The tips and resonators are on, spaced and extended right and I can't get over the difference in sound? Getting ready for next weekend's Ontario Hot Rod Tour with friends like we did last year.  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

soundcontrol

Took the Hellcat out from winter hibernating and went to a small car meet with my 2 oldest friends,
been to car shows with them for 40 years now.
And to another city for some cruising in the evening.
Pictures of the car meet in the car show section.