Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

Finally got around to starting the lead joint process on my quarters. Hope to put a video together for those that want to try it someday.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

cuda hunter

I blew a radiator hose today.  Luckily I only had about 6 blocks to get it home.
Noticed a few drops on the motor but couldn't find the origination point.
Then it blew. 
Sucks. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

wes473

https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/original-owner-a-young-soldier-buys-his-dream-car-in-a-warzone/

I read some inspiration, and worked on my dad's 67 cornet, new disc brakes going in. Silly ball joint broke my otc ball joint press but heat and a hammer prevailed!

soundcontrol

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on May 29, 2023, 06:28:41 PM
Finally got around to starting the lead joint process on my quarters. Hope to put a video together for those that want to try it someday.

A video would be great, I bought all the materials for that but have not tried it yet.

7E-Bodies

@soundcontrol there's the inspiration I needed. Give me a few weeks to videotape, edit and upload. Here's the channel I started. If you go ahead and subscribe, you'll know when it hits. I'm using the kit from Eastwood. Very happy with it.

https://youtube.com/@ebodylodge

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

blown motor

We have a three day cruise coming up this weekend and it's supposed to be in the mid 80s. So I pulled out the seat covers that I bought for my truck 12 years ago and never used. No more hot, sweaty, vinyl e-body seats for us.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

jimynick

Sure Murray, rub it in! No nice fluffy seat covers for us, so I guess it's sweaty butts ahoy? See ya in the morning.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

anlauto

Guess we won't see you guys at Spring Fling Sunday eh ? :crying: :crying: :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

I didn't realize Spring Fling was this weekend but the Hotrod Tour takes priority.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Dakota

This post should probably be titled "Ladies like them too".   I know there are female fans and owners of Challengers, but I haven't met any personally until yesterday.  As part of moving to Texas, I had to get my Challenger inspected before getting license plates issued.  Before leaving the inspection facility, the manager asked if she could get a picture of herself with the car.  A few hours later, I was at the county clerk's office getting license plates.   The clerk asked if I had a picture of the car, then she called over another clerk to look at it.  The other clerk (also a lady) started asking detailed questions about the car.  Turns out she has a 2018 Challenger R/T.   Yes, I was smiling throughout.

gzig5

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on May 30, 2023, 06:20:58 PM
@soundcontrol there's the inspiration I needed. Give me a few weeks to videotape, edit and upload. Here's the channel I started. If you go ahead and subscribe, you'll know when it hits. I'm using the kit from Eastwood. Very happy with it.

https://youtube.com/@ebodylodge

I'm looking forward to this as well.  I've just finished patching the roof sub-structure and should be fitting the new quarters and roof skin in these next couple weeks.  My Dad showed me how to lead 40-some years ago but I've not done it since.  I'd love to come down and watch/help, but the four hours one way makes for a loooong day trip.

7E-Bodies

@gzig5 you'd certainly be invited. I hope to have video shot/edited and uploaded to my channel in the next few weeks. Running a tad behind with other chores that come with rural acreage. If you've already subscribed and turned on notifications, you'll know it the minute I upload. I'll also post a link in this thread.

gzig5

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on June 02, 2023, 07:53:51 AM
@gzig5 you'd certainly be invited. I hope to have video shot/edited and uploaded to my channel in the next few weeks. Running a tad behind with other chores that come with rural acreage. If you've already subscribed and turned on notifications, you'll know it the minute I upload. I'll also post a link in this thread.
Thanks for the invite but reality is there are several higher priorities preventing it in the near term.  I am subscribed, need to check notification setting.

71-440

Finally got the valve springs changed out. Tried the rope in the spark plug hole and that didn't work too well.
So I bought the air hose thingy from summit. I put a coupling and a quick disconnect on it and it worked like a charm.
The toughest cylinder was #3. I had to disconnect a power steering hose and still couldn't get my hand to thread the hose in.
The dipstick was also in the way. My son had a little smaller hand and he got it. 

Joe