Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

chargerdon

Yep, when removing and installing the inner springs on my built 360 (for break-in of the cam), i used the compressed air in the cylinder to hold up the valves also.   Worked like a champ...   I found that removing and installing the keepers without dropping them the toughest part.   

MoparCarGuy

Hot 94°F Florida days and idling at traffic lights do not go so well even with a 26" radiator, a factory 7-blade fan with fan clutch, and shroud. Add an A/C condenser on high fan and the coolant temperature soars to 205°F plus. Many of my Mopar buddies have gone to Champion aluminum radiators with dual electric fans but I like the stock look.

Today, I installed two SPAL 9" 30100381 electric pusher fans using SPAL brackets. I still have the wiring to do which consists of two 15A fuse holders, two fan relays, and connection to the Holley Terminator X EFI negative-trigger outputs for Fan 1 and Fan 2. The Holley EFI has separate fan outputs to stage the fans based on whatever temp you want each one to turn ON and OFF. 

Nice setup for supplemental cooling!

jimynick

My wife and I came home today after staying overnight in Grand Bend as we finished the three day Ontario Hot Rod Tour. 700 miles later it looks like it was rode hard and put up wet, covered in a wonderful mixture of Owen Sound and Grand Bend tree sap/pollen, bugs everywhere and a fine mixture of dusty driveway/road well applied. I'd forgotten how thirsty these cars are and the children's inheritance took another beating. My homemade differential rebuild howled sweetly on decel but was ok on power while most everything else did it's job. The two days I spent cleaning it before we set out are but a mere dream of the two more that it'll take to re-do it. Oh well, it's getting hot around here and that'll give me a reason to "shim" my beer supply! Good run and lots of compliments  and memories!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

dodj

Quote from: gzig5 on June 02, 2023, 10:24:37 AM

Thanks for the invite but reality is there are several higher priorities preventing it in the near term. 
Tell the customer their VFD will be ready a couple days late.....blame supply chain issues....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

YellowThumper

4 speed driving lesson day for my daughter. She has been bugging me for years.
Overall she did well. She struggled with the shifter as it is very sloppy now.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

chargerdon

This Saturday the Midway Baptist Church near Raleigh held its yearly pre-fathers day cruise in.   It was great attracting about 100+ classic cars, where the Church had a FREE Hot Dog or Cheeseburger hot off the grill with a bag of chips and soft drinks.   Wow...who does that as well as giving out door prizes every 15 mins. 

There were many great cars there and my 74 Plum Crazy Challenger attracted many viewers taking pictures and asking about ...does it have a Hemi ?   Id laugh and tell them no it has a built 408 with an A518 overdrive automatic and would smoke a stock 70 hemi.    However, there were also some LATE model Challengers there with the 392 Hemi's that i knew would blow my doors off.   Still mine attracted more people.   

340challconvert

Cleaning up the underside of the floor pan and hump area with the engine and trans out of the car. Dirty work; still can see the factory primer and some Y1 overspray from when the car was new!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

jimynick

Last weekend, after my wife woke me up from a perfectly acceptable inspection of the interior of my eyeballs, I got the now clean again Challenger out and off to Sparta (no, not Greece) where they were having an all Mopar day, and who should I see, but our Ebody guru Alan Gallant and his very pretty 71 Cuda ragtop! It'd been probably 40+ years since I'd been at that track, but it hadn't changed much- other than the $6 hot dogs and $7 fries! There were lots of cars and some I've never seen out before. It'd be a recommended day if you're in driving range and the mood to go. 50/50, door prizes, lottery and you can either run on the track or kick back and spectate.  :twothumbsup:

usraptor

Tore my driver's door apart (not the glass) tying to diagnosis a wind whistle with no luck.   :crying: :verymad:  see my thread; https://forum.e-bodies.org/body-shop/5/need-help-diagnosing-a-wind-whistle/28574/msg317014#new

jimynick

The 70-75' weather finally drove me (hee hee) to get the old gal out and load the other old gal (mother of our children) in and we were off to nowhere and having fun getting there, too. We took a drive with an eye to finding a wee country pub for a snort and drove east under Guelph over to Guelph Line and south towards the lake and then back west and north to end up back in Hespeler and nary a GD watering hole to be found! They've managed to kill all the old country hotels between RIDE programs and Covid. What a shame  :angry:  We had to settle for a McD ice coffee, not quite the icy, cold, golden barley sandwich for which I'd been Jonesing for!! Back home with a new collection of bugs to remove- say, that might require a pint as well!!  :cheers:

70Convert

Who did you go with if you dont mind me asking  ?

CNUMB

Quote from: YellowThumper on June 18, 2023, 07:34:28 PM
4 speed driving lesson day for my daughter. She has been bugging me for years.
Overall she did well. She struggled with the shifter as it is very sloppy now.
Great Job.. Tell her not to worry about driving a manual seeing how most have a 5 to 7 second pause. I remember back in the day on a hill at a light both feet kinda working all the pedals so you did not start rolling back!!!

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: jimynick on June 28, 2023, 07:20:55 PM
The 70-75' weather finally drove me (hee hee) to get the old gal out and load the other old gal (mother of our children) in and we were off to nowhere and having fun getting there, too. We took a drive with an eye to finding a wee country pub for a snort and drove east under Guelph over to Guelph Line and south towards the lake and then back west and north to end up back in Hespeler and nary a GD watering hole to be found! They've managed to kill all the old country hotels between RIDE programs and Covid. What a shame  :angry:  We had to settle for a McD ice coffee, not quite the icy, cold, golden barley sandwich for which I'd been Jonesing for!! Back home with a new collection of bugs to remove- say, that might require a pint as well!!  :cheers:

Jeez, lot of f'd up $h!t happening in this world right now, so maybe I should just be counting my blessings, but heading out for a frosty one and having to settle for a McD ice coffee just makes me sad for the state of this world :Thud:

soundcontrol

Took my 84 YO dad to a jazzfestival in the Hellcat.
Gave him a small touch of 700HP :)

Subtitles:
Dad: oh oh...   no....  stop............Jesus Christ!

7212Mopar

1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket