Main Menu

My trip to Ben Snobar's place (lots of photos)

Started by Cuda Cody, June 16, 2017, 07:17:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

A little bit of everything.  Some deals, some things way over priced and some stuff right in the middle.

thedodgeboys

anlauto

So I take it there was really no deals for the "little guy"  ?  Sounds like most of the stuff was selling for market value, no real room for a quick flip on EBay ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

hato

What did the 70 challengers and sunroof charger go for ?

Shoooter

anlauto

Quote from: hato on August 01, 2017, 07:34:19 PM

Sunroof Charger was $58500 or something like that  :drunk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

cuda hunter

Quote from: anlauto on August 01, 2017, 07:48:53 PM

Wow.   For an unrestored 72.  That must be the most expensive project 72 I've heard of. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Quote from: cuda hunter on August 01, 2017, 08:05:43 PM
Quote from: anlauto on August 01, 2017, 07:48:53 PM

Wow.   For an unrestored 72.  That must be the most expensive project 72 I've heard of.

Sorry, I thought he was asking about the 1970 Sunroof Charger....didn't know there was a 72..... :sorry:

Cuda Cody

I'll try to post some photos, but just got home and have to be back on the road for the 2nd day of the auction in about 9 hours.  I choose to drive 1.5 hours each way (3 hours total) so I didn't have to get a hotel, but now it's getting to be a lot of driving each day.

Overall it has been fun.  I bought a couple items, but they were at full market and I just bought them because I needed them.  There were a few deals, but most of the stuff I saw was on the strong side of the price range.  It could also mean that I'm out of touch with what stuff is going for.   :notsure: 

hato

ScottSmith_Harms

The Sunroof Charger was not a factory sunroof car.

It was: 1970 R/T Hemi Charger

Appears to have been a red 4 speed car but since there is no fender tag or Broadcast Sheet any of the options will be basically impossible to prove.

It had a 66 Hemi engine in it and was mostly complete but will need pretty much everything restored including paint & body to bring it to a high standard.

All of that in mind it still bid to 59K which with the added buyer fees brings it to around 67K. The buyer was thought to be from Canada so no sales tax, but he will have import duties to pay. That's pretty strong money all things considered!  .02

anlauto

Timbbuc2

I listen to the auction yesterday and the chrome exhaust tips brought 450 each and one guy bought all of them. So you pay for the item won, 10% buyers premium and 3% internet fee. Heck I will buy my stuff from @TONY  and save money
Get in, I'll drive

Cuda Cody

I was going to bid on the Challenger NOS tips, but they went for more money then I thought they were worth.

hato

that is crazy money for the 70  charger am really dreading the price of a hemi e body project now if 1 comes for sale in a year or two