Main Menu

Modern Led headlights for E bodies

Started by Chryco Psycho, November 24, 2021, 07:01:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Racer57

What do you have to do to be able to plug them in ?

MKA

These are expensive, but cheaper than the Holley, assuming their prices are for one bulb. 

https://vintagecarleds.com/shop/5-75-inch/vc5000-ultimate-5-75-inch-kit/

I haven't tried them but looking.  This particular set comes with 3 bulb colors.  20 percent off on Friday

70vert

The Holley site says "Plug & Play - Plugs into factory headlight harness for easy installation". but then they also sell a harness and adapter separately.  :dunno:

The other key is how much room there is in the bucket, they look deeper. I sure like the color option, I'd go modern white for mine but know others would want the retro white.

Quote from: Racer57 on November 24, 2021, 07:05:00 PM
What do you have to do to be able to plug them in ?

70vert

Quote from: MKA on November 24, 2021, 07:34:44 PM
These are expensive, but cheaper than the Holley, assuming their prices are for one bulb. 

https://vintagecarleds.com/shop/5-75-inch/vc5000-ultimate-5-75-inch-kit/

I haven't tried them but looking.  This particular set comes with 3 bulb colors.  20 percent off on Friday

Yes the Holley is $179 for One light vs these that come in pairs so about the same depending on which you get. The Holley's look "sealed", not sure if the bulb itself is replaceable.

7212Mopar

It said bulb removal requires Torx bit. So it must be replaceable but does not say what and where to get replacement. I did this with EBay glass housing and aftermarket LED bulbs low beam, halogen high beam that likely not use for far cheaper.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Chryco Psycho

The pigtail shown in the picture would plug right into the factory harness with less power draw  :banana:

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

dodj

They seem ridiculously expensive for what you get IMO. IF those are single bulb prices. If it's a set of four, thats reasonable.
I went with something like these 3 or 4 years ago. Work far better than original. No wiring adapters needed.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/255172922426?hash=item3b697dcc3a:g:tW0AAOSwLgxhXkjl
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

Quote from: dodj on November 26, 2021, 03:46:30 AM
They seem ridiculously expensive for what you get IMO. IF those are single bulb prices. If it's a set of four, thats reasonable.

:iagree: Crazy money especially when its a pretty safe bet they are made off shore just like the E-Bay versions.

7212Mopar

Thanks Cuda Hunter. I have to admit that I was one of the suckers in the halogen days buying those expensive Sylvania Silverstars bulbs for better light and wondering why they only last a few months. If there was any class settlement, I did not get any.

anlauto

Question for the general population....

How many people actually drive their car at night ? I guess it's more common in areas where it's still warm out after the sun sets early ?

Here it gets dark at 5 o'clock now, but everybody's car is put away for six months while ol' man Winter causes his shit. :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7212Mopar

I had only driven my car once at night since I own it from 2012. The law does requires you to turn on the headlight when entering tunnels which is fun to do opening the throttle.

Mr Lee

I drive mine at night occasionally.  Have hit a few cruise nights recently that ended after dark.  (And i drive it in the winter as long as the roads are clean).
I did the headlight relay kit from cracked back and my headlights are nice and bright.  No complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

MKA

I live in Florida. Now and the next 4 months are the perfect time for driving, most Canadians already know this and start arriving soon, lol.   Photos are from yesterday & today, just to rub it in.

Not planning on too many night drives, but yes will do.   Just have to be careful of the phenomenon called Florida Man.   Something about too much sun.  He can strike at any moment and make you and him front page news.  Here is today's award winner. 

https://www.tampabay.com/news/crime/2021/11/26/tampa-surgeon-in-tesla-struck-bicycling-banker-at-about-80-mph-records-say/