Main Menu

Hopefully this time it will continue...... engine rebuild

Started by mopar thunder, January 18, 2018, 04:38:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

mopar thunder

oh darn, sorry Chryco.....  :sorry: I was sending this when I was also on the phone with a friend Alan.  My apologies.....

Chryco Psycho

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

303 Mopar

mopar thunder

I have an answer to Chryco's inquiry; the issue we have is not enough holes. The holes you are referring to are block off on this block and my builder doesn't plan to open them up.  The issue we have is the center of the block has no water holes to help cool the center two exhaust ports. So we need to open something up to help keep those cool. Ritter said he doesn't manufacture his blocks like that. He leaves them raw so people can make their own applications. The other problem is the short block is together already. We're working on this one.

Chryco Psycho

Makes good sense , I did not know where the holes were missing & was just warning you to think this through before modifying the block .  :twothumbsup:

mopar thunder

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 15, 2018, 06:28:38 PM
Makes good sense , I did not know where the holes were missing & was just warning you to think this through before modifying the block .  :twothumbsup:
I very much appreciate the input. Since this is a problem child I'll take any advice to help get this completed. I don't think the holes need to be big so this shouldn't be a big issue. Here is a pick of the tool that will be used. a magnetic drill press I think he said.

Chryco Psycho

mopar thunder

OK.... update.... there is progress  :woohoo:. The intake is back, looks great IMO, the coolant holes are drilled, and it was discovered that this block doesn't have as deep thread holes as the Keith Black so modification to the bolts is needed, not much but a little. But we are moving forward.

Chryco Psycho

I have worked on projects like this where everything , I mean every little thing is a battle  :bricks:

mopar thunder

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 21, 2018, 07:28:06 AM
I have worked on projects like this where everything , I mean every little thing is a battle  :bricks:

It sure seems like this is one of them.   :looney: But there seems to be a little light at the end of the tunnel now.

TA440SB

Is that 48 with the roller bearing cam.
I ordered the 48 by mistake my 59 Siamese is supposed to be ready this week after 5 months of waiting.
What rods did you use i was going 4.125 Molnar ,2.1 rods scat 6.250 long with diamond pistons .
Using Victor SB heads see the Reply below heads are drilled wrong on the inner bolts they are drilled for a hemi setup
See the pic for some engine art  this i the new Noonans Hemi block full CNC
Brian and Dave ,

I spoke to people at the PRI show in Indianapolis last month about the need to change the head to be able to use either a stud or a bolt for the inner 4 locations ( the ones in the lifter valley on the block ) , and all agreed that the change needed to be made and could readily be made .

Please keep me informed about the end result of this , as I have a number of block customers interested in using the Edelbrock heads in question . Please do not hesitate to contact me if more explanation or information is required .

Regards ,

Kent Ritter   

Chryco Psycho

mopar thunder

Here is a pic of the Clear View Filtration oil system that is going on the build. These are pretty cool.