Main Menu

Hopefully this time it will continue...... engine rebuild

Started by mopar thunder, January 18, 2018, 04:38:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

I noticed a few cars at Drag Week with those filters installed. :bradsthumb:

mopar thunder

Really cool piece, easy to take a look and clean if needed. No more messing with conventional filters. Gives me a way to watch and have some piece of mind.

mopar thunder

I know this is a slow process for me but it is moving forward..... somewhat. Got the bottom end all buttoned up, water pump on, balancer on, thought the heads would be on but..... found that the guidance given on the rocker arms/angle of push rod wasn't so good.  The off set rocker didn't line up so sending them back. Might have to grind just a little on he passage in the head. once the heads are good then it is only the valve covers, the intake and carb. The engine will be spun to check for leaks, etc then header clearance, new drivers side header pipe, and in the car it goes..... fingers crossed.

Chryco Psycho

T&D Rockers ?
Might be better to keep the rockers & massage 8 pushrod holes  :notsure:

RUNCHARGER

Ah, another small setback. What are you hoping for on the Dyno?
Sheldon

mopar thunder

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on June 18, 2018, 07:09:15 AM
T&D Rockers ?
Might be better to keep the rockers & massage 8 pushrod holes  :notsure:

New rockers and minimal massaging or keep rockers and more massaging....... decisions... decisions. Yes, T&D rockers, good call.

mopar thunder

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 18, 2018, 07:51:08 AM
Ah, another small setback. What are you hoping for on the Dyno?

I am hoping to have the same as I did before around 1,000. I would hate to go backwards after all this but it will be what it is. A lot of modifications so not sure what all that will add up to.

RUNCHARGER

Nice! Well you certainly have the parts to support that.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

I can believe 1000+ , Cannot wait to see/ hear it run & get the results from this build up ! :cooldance:

mopar thunder

Shane Kelley

Quote from: mopar thunder on June 19, 2018, 06:50:14 PM
What are you hoping for on the Dyno?

I am hoping to have the same as I did before around 1,000.
nice!  :drooling:

I saw on Facebook a couple days ago where Dart is going to start making LA blocks. Somebody is going to have to make one that has all that crazy machining out of the way before I ever venture that direction. I admire your determination battling through all the pitfalls getting that motor together. Hell of a job!  :bradsthumb:

mopar thunder

Quote from: Shane Kelley on June 20, 2018, 05:30:19 AM
Quote from: mopar thunder on June 19, 2018, 06:50:14 PM
What are you hoping for on the Dyno?

I am hoping to have the same as I did before around 1,000.
nice!  :drooling:

I saw on Facebook a couple days ago where Dart is going to start making LA blocks. Somebody is going to have to make one that has all that crazy machining out of the way before I ever venture that direction. I admire your determination battling through all the pitfalls getting that motor together. Hell of a job!  :bradsthumb:

Thanks, it has been a long ride but I feel pretty good about everything. You never know though in the end.   :fingerscrossed: Once I exchange things and get them back it shouldn't be long after that for the final pieces. Then we can spin it for leaks and if all is good then off to the dyno.

Chryco Psycho

mopar thunder

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on June 20, 2018, 06:43:25 AM
I saw a similar build reportedly making 1680 hp  :rubeyes:

Whoa, that's up there. On one hand it would be nice but on the other......   :bigmoney: I just want to get back in and drive.

Chryco Psycho