Main Menu

Pedal adjustment?

Started by Valkman, May 11, 2017, 10:17:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 12, 2017, 04:21:27 AM
Except I have had the pedl stay on the floor Without the heavy spring in place
Cforce are junk , I have had them last less than 4 days before they fail
I guess results can vary. Been running them in my cars since the late 80's and install them in every manual trans car I have built or worked on. Never had 1 failure.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Shane Kelley on May 12, 2017, 05:57:57 AM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 12, 2017, 04:21:27 AM
Except I have had the pedl stay on the floor Without the heavy spring in place
Cforce are junk , I have had them last less than 4 days before they fail
I guess results can vary. Been running them in my cars since the late 80's and install them in every manual trans car I have built or worked on. Never had 1 failure.

I've never had a problem either... Back in the 70's I knew of a few Chevies that did stick the pedal to the floor but that was an original Diaphragm clutch prior to the design being changed so centrifugal weights so added which add to the apply force at higher RPM's...

Remove the over center spring....

Valkman

Hey guys,  please don't over think all this. The clutch is working fine, it's not getting hung up and the pedal releases with no issues.  I just want to adjust the pedal travel to remove the detent that happens before  the big spring ingages.

Valkman

WOW!!!!......That did the trick! That's a big ass spring! It wasn't that hard to move. I just backed off on the clutch adjustment, disconnected the rod from z-bar going through the firewall, push the clutch pedal to the floor ( that big ass spring certainly help with that) and the spring popped pretty easy.  And man what a difference!  It doesn't line up perfect with  the brake pedal but it seems closer, and the action is so much smoother! The detent is all but gone and I can actually modulate the clutch with ease now.

Thank all :ohyeah:

Chryco Psycho

Glad you got the rsult you wanted

I have had the counterweighted diaphragms hang on the floor with the spring removed
I am the opposite & everytime I find a cforce out it comes straight into the trash .