Main Menu

Serious slowdown on the site today

Started by HP_Cuda, September 20, 2018, 01:41:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 07, 2019, 08:29:22 AM
You're doing the E-body hobby a great service Cody. Everyone appreciates your contribution greatly and it will be the go to resource for years to come.

I couldn't agree more. I get a little down and out not being able to do as much as I want on mine, but coming back here to lurk and see what other folks are doing has been keeping me plugging along little pieces at a time. looked at the resources page for the first time in a year and can't believe how much it's grown, there is a WEALTH of invaluable knowledge on this site that has far surpassed any of it's predecessors and it will be a legendary resource for DECADES to come. that's a helluva legacy to the hobby and community
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

JS29

A slow day on this site is better than any day on another mopar related site!!!!!  :alan2cents:

blown motor

@Cuda Cody The site is super slow today. Is anyone else having problems? Other sites I go on seem fine.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

dodj

It was slow a while ago. Seems fine again now.  :dunno:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

js27

It was slow at Lunch but seems fine now.
JS27

Cuda Cody

I flipped a couple switches to clear some thing out.  We had a large volume of spammers that hit the site and slowed it down, but I think I got them all out now.  Thank you for letting me know right away.   :thankyou:

jimynick

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 01, 2020, 11:32:52 AM
I flipped a couple switches to clear some thing out.  We had a large volume of spammers that hit the site and slowed it down, but I think I got them all out now.  Thank you for letting me know right away.   :thankyou:
Spammers? Did they want eggs with their Spam? Say no more, say no more!  ;)
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

dodj

Quote from: jimynick on April 01, 2020, 02:03:46 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 01, 2020, 11:32:52 AM
Spammers? Did they want eggs with their Spam? Say no more, say no more!  ;)
:haha:
Nothing like Monte Python!
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

I seem to be having trouble on here this morning? Pages take quite a long time to load? @Cuda Cody

:wave:  hope all is well with everyone, stay safe!

JS29

I could not even log on earlier! Better now.  :popcorn:

CudaMoparRay

Taking just a little bit more to load than usual but not bad  :iagree:

Cuda Cody

It's super slow for me too.  I'm calling the hosting company right now to see what is going on....

Topcat

Yeah slow here as well.

But so is everything else out there right now too.   :bricks: 

Cuda Cody

We added another layer of defense to see if we can stop these stupid spammer bots.   :pullinghair:  Hopefully this will keep them from slowing us down.