Main Menu

Lets Get Personal .....

Started by anlauto, January 12, 2017, 08:51:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

That's a cool shot. That's what owning a Mopar is all about for me right there. Here's an out of focus fun shot of my Hemi Charger. We just drove it 500 miles and brought back a first place award, it was a fun family day in a rare Mopar.
Sheldon

cavemanno1

Hi guys!

Peter here from Hungary.I'm 38 years old,been happily married for 7 years now.Got a 4-year-old boy and a 16-year-old step daughter.

I'm a wood industrial engineer but I've been building marquees/temporary structures for 11 years.
Travelled the world but my favorite place is The United States of America!On our honeymoon, we were there for 6 weeks and we made an oath that we will live over there.
Don't have an E-body yet.Actually tonight I just got the news that the car I was after is no longer available so back to saving more money.
However,I'm no stranger to '68-69 Chargers as those two cars that I have ever owned.My very first car was a 1969 Dodge Charger, the very first one in the country!

I got into Chargers because of Dukes of Hazard and Bullitt.Didn't know what Mopar was because over here we don't have many of them.Matter of fact there is not ONE Cuda in Hungary.There are only 3 Challengers!

In my life family comes first,no matter what,not even losing my job over it!
Also believe in having a good story in my life is important!From trying to join the French foreign legion to hunting,well was planing,crocodiles,riding bulls or running with them in Pamplona,scuba dive,sky dive,riding motorbikes,having a '68 Charger.But the best thing ever happened to me to have a son.

I also am a big believer in Karma and help who I can!

Thank you for letting me join this group!

Peter

Roadman

Peter, we are lucky to have you. Thank you for joining us and sharing. Beautiful family.    :welcome:         :rebelflag"

Cuda Cody

What part of the States have you visited?  @cavemanno1   Do you have a favorite place you want to live in the states?

cavemanno1

I used to live/traveled there for a year in 2004-05.Been to Hawaii(Ohau),San Francisco,Palo Alto,L.A,Las Vegas,D.C,Miami, and NYC.
I love New York City.Lived in Brooklyn for 3 months just next to Prospect Park on Flatbush ave.

I don't mind where I could live there,anywhere would be great!
Would love to live/work on a horse ranch for a while but guess my wife would get bored there.Plus she is terrified of horses!

Ideally would like somewhere in a suburb or a small town because of my young boy but a big city would be cool as well.My son loved New York City when we were there in June.

I got a job offer from a company that the English company I work for bought out but the working visa is impossible to get.
So we just dream on!

cavemanno1

Quote from: Roadman on September 09, 2017, 06:25:21 PM
             Peter, we are lucky to have you. Thank you for joining us and sharing. Beautiful family.    :welcome:         :rebelflag"

No,thank you for having me!

You know guys have to tell you something.You Americans got a bad rep for being obnoxious,loud and rude on holidays.But I have never got so much help from anyone but you guys Americans.I know there are bad apples everywhere but everywhere I have been had no bad experience.
For our '69 Charger, we needed a lot of parts even a gas tank.So when we were on our honey moon, a well-known member of the dodgecharger.com forum offered to collect our parts at his house and when we got to New York just picked them up from him.
I was carrying the gas tank and my wife was pulling the suitcase.It was so heavy that the wheels broke off of it.She was fuming with me,heheh...Anyway, we went from Long Island to Queens where we stayed and when had to get on a bus.People saw my wife struggling with the suitcase and helped her to get it on the bus even offered their seats up.

There are so many stories when people were so kind to us that I can not tell one single bad thing that we experienced.
I know bad things happen there as well and I guess just got lucky but generally people were friendly and helpful.

When I bought my '68 Charger another forum member allowed me to keep my car at his place for 4 months and collected my parts.He packed them and believe me there were a lot of parts, you would not believe it.
Could go on and on but won't.Over here in Hungary where I live or England, where I work, is totally different!

So I'm the one that is lucky to belong to here!

cavemanno1

Our '69 Charger.My dream was to drive her to the church on our wedding day!

Rev-It-Up

What a great story Cavemanno1! Welcome to the forum to you and your family.  I absolutely love your wedding picture with the Charger...just beautiful!
Rev-It-Up

cavemanno1

dodj

Quote from: Rev-It-Up on September 09, 2017, 08:04:32 PM
I absolutely love your wedding picture with the Charger...just beautiful!
:iagree:
Great wedding pic!
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

69bronzeT5

My name is Cody. I'm 25 years old from British Columbia, Canada. Grew up watching The Dukes of Hazzard and fell in love with the General Lee. My parents got me a 1969 Charger project we rescued from a field back in 1998 for Christmas when I was 6. Still have it and quite a few other cars now. Always looking to add to my collection; it's an addiction!

I'm married, have been since 2015 to the love of my life. No kids but have a dog, two cats and a bunny. Just about to start a life long career with a good friend's company inspecting wooden power poles. Super excited. In my spare time, I'm also the associate editor for Mopar Connection magazine. 

Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

Rev-It-Up

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 26, 2017, 07:03:11 PM
My name is Cody. I'm 25 years old from British Columbia, Canada. Grew up watching The Dukes of Hazzard and fell in love with the General Lee. My parents got me a 1969 Charger project we rescued from a field back in 1998 for Christmas when I was 6. Still have it and quite a few other cars now. Always looking to add to my collection; it's an addiction!

I'm married, have been since 2015 to the love of my life. No kids but have a dog, two cats and a bunny. Just about to start a life long career with a good friend's company inspecting wooden power poles. Super excited. In my spare time, I'm also the associate editor for Mopar Connection magazine.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Great story.  It is great to see young people who love these cars as much as us old folks!  :haha:
Rev-It-Up

blown motor

Quote from: Rev-It-Up on October 30, 2017, 06:24:10 AM

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Great story.  It is great to see young people who love these cars as much as us old folks!  :haha:

Hey, who are calling old?  :pokeeye:

Welcome Cody.  :wave:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

303 Mopar

Quote from: blown motor on October 30, 2017, 06:50:27 AM
Quote from: Rev-It-Up on October 30, 2017, 06:24:10 AM

Hey, who are calling old?  :pokeeye:

Welcome Cody.  :wave:

I agree, great to see the young folks enjoying the classics!  Besides, we need ANOTHER Cody around here just to confuse things.

Timbbuc2

Quote from: cavemanno1 on September 09, 2017, 07:24:11 PM
Quote from: Roadman on September 09, 2017, 06:25:21 PM

No,thank you for having me!

You know guys have to tell you something.You Americans got a bad rep for being obnoxious,loud and rude on holidays.But I have never got so much help from anyone but you guys Americans.I know there are bad apples everywhere but everywhere I have been had no bad experience.
For our '69 Charger, we needed a lot of parts even a gas tank.So when we were on our honey moon, a well-known member of the dodgecharger.com forum offered to collect our parts at his house and when we got to New York just picked them up from him.
I was carrying the gas tank and my wife was pulling the suitcase.It was so heavy that the wheels broke off of it.She was fuming with me,heheh...Anyway, we went from Long Island to Queens where we stayed and when had to get on a bus.People saw my wife struggling with the suitcase and helped her to get it on the bus even offered their seats up.

There are so many stories when people were so kind to us that I can not tell one single bad thing that we experienced.
I know bad things happen there as well and I guess just got lucky but generally people were friendly and helpful.

When I bought my '68 Charger another forum member allowed me to keep my car at his place for 4 months and collected my parts.He packed them and believe me there were a lot of parts, you would not believe it.
Could go on and on but won't.Over here in Hungary where I live or England, where I work, is totally different!

So I'm the one that is lucky to belong to here!
yup welcome to great site, I love your story and your Charger. Thats what I want next
Get in, I'll drive