Lets Get Personal .....

Started by anlauto, January 12, 2017, 08:51:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

69bronzeT5

Thank you everyone for the kind words  :cheers:

Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

js27

My Name is Alan Caponigro-I am 62 years old. I worked for Island Auto Chysler/Plymouth in Scranton PA. from 1974 to 1977. Got hooked on Mopars when I was 13 when my brother bought a 64 Sport Fury with a 413. My 1st car was a 64 Belvedere 2-dr post that my father gave me at 16 years old. I grew up around-GTX's--Road Runner--Cuda-Challenger--Duster-Superbirds. They all just littered the car lots in Scranton PA. Bought my first Hi-Po Mopar in 1973 At 18 years old. A ZZ1 1967 GTX-440 Console Auto. Street raced that for 2 years and then put it on the strip for 3 years then back to street-sold it in 1980. Opened up a 1 hr Photo Studio in 1985 and my own Karate Studio in 1986. I received my 5th degree Master Instructor rank in 1997. Married to my first and only wife  Colleen in 1989. She is the best. We have no children ( by choice) -Love Chocolate Labs-had 2 so far. Been to every Carlisle from the beginning 1990-91 ? up until 2002 which was the first and only national all Mopar Show I entered our 70 Challenger R/T Convertible which took 1st place in Light modified and a Celebrity Pick from Rich McCrillis. Moved to Summerville South Carolina in October 2002. I am a Nationally Certified Massage Therapist. I started working my present job at Anchor Sign Inc. in Nov.2003. WE are one of the largest sign Co. in the country doing signs for CVS-Dollar Tree-Pizza Hut-Krispy Kream Donuts-Tim Hortens-Jason Deli and many many more.  I ran the graphics dept there for 8 years and now run the Digital Print Center. I have own over 70 cars in my lifetime and 4 motocycles-all Motocross bikes-I use to race back in the late 70's early 80. Currently beside our JS27 we own a 67 GTX. We have owned a bunch of Mopars in the past. Also love Photography and a very strong 2nd Amendment supporter.

Here you go Cody :
The first one is Rocky who we lost 2 years ago to Cancer (Lymphfoma). He was diagnosied  at 9 years old and we did the whole Chemo route and was able to keep him with us for another 17 months. The second Gray faces lab is Samurai. He was out first and we had to put him down in 2003- he was 12 but had bad hips and his eyes-ears and kidneys all started going at the same .time. Both of these guys were GREAT LABS.

Brads70

Great to see you over here to Alan!  :wave:

Cuda Cody

Great story @js27    :)   I have worked in the sign industry most my life too. 

Do you have any photos of your labs? 

js27

Do you have any photos of your labs?

Here you go Cody I added then to my original post.
JS27

johnr

The original aborigines in Australia believe that none of life's wisdom is revealed to us until beyond 50 years old. 
--  johnr  --

RUNCHARGER

Nah: I'm past 60 and no brains yet.
Sheldon

PatO

Hi, name is Pat. Just joined up this morning. I bought a lightly used 72 Challenger in 1973, my junior year of high school.  I'd been working pretty much since I was 15 and I figured $93 bucks for a car payment wasn't too bad.  One of the few students in the school who had a car.  In the attached picture I'm standing right after high school graduation next to the car. This was in late May of 1974. Location in once was a boom town known as Craig, Colorado.

I went to college that fall.  I didn't want to go but people with more say than I saw to it that I went to school.  I ended up loosing the car, but that is another story.

Picture is a bit blurry but it is a scan of 43 year old picture! It was a Rallye car with a 340 four barrel, column shift and a front bench seat. Gave me a taste for fast cars.

After I dropped out of college I bought a 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus and then moved on to such other cars as a 1977 Camaro RS with the blackout hood, then a 1978 Pontiac Trans am with the full "Solar Gold" package with a TA 6.6, then an 82 and 83 Trans Am. The 83 was a pace car edition.  Later on I switched to a Nissan 300 ZX and then a 96 twin turbo 300 zx that  I modified and was scary fast. Then I switched to fast boats for several years.

Sold my boat, a 25' Nordic Rage with a 496 Mag HO that I installed a Whipple supercharger on . . . . . .  and so I decided I needed another project. So now my 72 Challenger is in the works.

Thanx for reading.

Cuda Cody

Great story @PatO  :twothumbsup:  Love the old photo.

RUNCHARGER

Welcome back to your roots PatO! Great choice for a project.
Sheldon

YellowThumper

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. Take full advantage of this sites vast knowledge base.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

JustinHEMI

I introduced myself in the newbie area when I first became in the hunt for an e-body. Haven't really posted much since I haven't found "the one" yet, but I do read here just about everyday. I am in still in the hunt for the right car, but I'm not aggressively seeking one like I did when he bug first bit. After learning a lot here and seeing what's out there, I became concerned that my "need" to "have on NOW" would cause me to make a huge mistake. So now, I've relaxed on the hunt and am slowly but surely building my knowledge and refining what I really want in a classic car. I've expanded my hunt to more than just e-bodies, but still all Mopar.

Anyway, thought I would tell more about myself in this thread.

For a living, I am the operations manager for Beaver Valley Power Station (nuclear) Unit 2 which is about 30 miles NW of Pittsburgh. I love my job, but it can be quite stressful at times, but I enjoy the challenge. I am also a 9.5 year Navy vet, served on submarines and worked in the engine-room.

For hobbies, hiking and backpacking are my passion, I'm a season ticket holder for the Pittsburgh Symphony and the Benedum center Broadway shows, home theater, cooking, firearms/shooting, computers, and of course, cars.

I bought a house, after first joining here, with about 1 acre of land and great garage space..., from another Mopar guy. I'm probably going to build more garage space.

Here's some pictures of the house and hobbies.

House, garage space and driveway were big pluses for me. :D

An older picture of one of the control rooms of my power plant.

Recently build a new computer. Intel i7 8700K running at 5.2ghz!

Took a Bondurant High Performance 2 day driving class to learn how to better handle my modern Challenger. Here's me hitting the apex.

Any my FC7 Challenger SRT.

Next to a BMW M2. I've actually been considering one of these as well.

Backpacking with my 16 year old nephew. His tent on left, my hammock setup on right.

It was his first time and here he is setting up his first tent, while I coach and criticize from the comfort of my hammock. :D

Somewhere in the Mediterranean in 2003.

Symphony.

Benedum center.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that now that I have land, I've gotten into having a tractor. :D

Spikedog08

Great story JustinHEMI!  House looks great!  Wish I had that much garage space!  The picture of work looks intimidating . . Damn that’s a lot of gauges! 

I wish you luck searching for your hot rod!  Certainly post your wants in the cars wanted\for sale area! Many cars change hands around here so good luck!  Plus then we know what you are searching for! 

:wave:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

Fantastic story @JustinHEMI  Thanks for sharing and posting the photos.   :veryexcited:

soundcontrol

Cool house!
I read "built a new computer" and connected that with the powerplant picture, I thought whaaat???   :)