Main Menu

Lets Get Personal .....

Started by anlauto, January 12, 2017, 08:51:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

halftrackman

Good luck there in panama, sound like your a real mopar man,  I was in panama several times with the army.  It was kind of a bad time for me, this was in the 90s, but would like to go back for a visit  :unitedstates:

Chryco Psycho

Panama has been the best change I have made in my life just the lack of Mopars as a downside .

1Burgfish

:wrenching: Well I am in,  my name is Angelo been married 14yrs no kids except for our German Shepard and Parrot. Got fascinated with e-bodies when I saw a wrecked and stripped black cars quarter panel sticking out of the tall grass that had the letters AAR on it, I was about 12 years old and being hooked on cars ( Thanks to Hot Wheels ) I was wondering what AAR stood for? Did my research and found out about Trans-Am racing and All American Racers then saw Vanishing Point and that was it. Owned a 69 Charger, now own a 71 Cuda that I found in Puerto Rico while stationed there. Have her in the states being restored in Texas. I am currently in the Army soon retiring hanging up the boots after 21 years.

YellowThumper

Welcome aboard.
Boots off, kick your feet up and enjoy the great people who make this site.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

ledphoot

Wow what a diverse group of people we have here :) This is awesome, glad I found this thread.. So here goes..

My name is Alan, AKA LedPhoot.. You can guess how I got that nickname, it was bestowed upon me by a group of friends for driving whatever car I was in as fast as possible all the time. Even at 48 years old I can still get a bit nutty. I currently commute in a Chevy Bolt (please forgive me, but it costs $2 a day round trip to work) and I was able to shock the hell out of a guy in an AutoX'ed out Miata on Bear Creek Road the other day when we got to the stop sign at highway 9 he pulled up and went "Holy crap you drive the F*ing shit out of that thing" I smiled and said Thanks, that was a lot of fun and drove off.. Anyway... I am married to my best friend Suzie, we have two kids and a grand daughter now :) as well as two awesome dogs. We live in the Santa Cruz mountains and we have a ranch out in Escalon as well. Motorized vehicles have been a big part of my life, I am the youngest of six and with four older brothers growing up in the 80's I got to see and drive a LOT of muscle cars. I learned to drive stick in my brother's '73 Cuda, which is my current project. My first car was a '70 Cobra Torino, some other notables were a 74 Challenger, a '67 El Camino, a '83 Turbo 280ZX, '73 Challenger which I traded to my brother for the '73 Cuda I learned to drive in. I work in information technology with 29 years of experience now as I enter in to management. I am also in to Harleys and quad runners. If I had the time I'd like to have snowmobiles and boats too.. I love things with motors :D

The '73 Challenger I had and the '73 Cuda had been sitting untouched for almost 15 years. My Challenger was very close to a complete drivable car and the Cuda was a very nice shell. My brother started talking about selling the Cuda and I couldn't bear to see that car leave so I worked a deal with him for my Challenger that I have owned since '95 and that rekindled the fire / passion for these old cars. The Challenger is registered and running / driving now, only a couple months after we started. The final touch for that car is to go to the exhaust shop and that's it.. My brother can then decide if he wants to keep or sell it.. If he decides to sell it I will probably find a way to scrape together the money and buy it from him as well ;) The Cuda is well underway, the drivetrain is completely done, currently working on wiring / fuel lines / brake lines etc.

This site, all of you, have been VERY helpful, great advice and TONS of inspiration. Thank you all for being here and providing your support.

Morty426

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 09, 2018, 05:24:33 PM
Panama has been the best change I have made in my life just the lack of Mopars as a downside .

You could start a Mopar import business  :twothumbsup:

Chryco Psycho

True , need cash flow though

CNUMB

I will start out by saying..Glad I found this site.. So many nice cars that I had no idea were even still out there..Drifted away from the car scene many years ago....
My name is Eric Smith, Age 59 and it is showing, been married to my lovely bride Becky for 31yrs and have 3 sons, now 30,28, and 26.. All great kids and have never given us any problems..

BTW. met my bride at the Daytona 500 infield in 1984...That is a story in itself...

Work: I am a Plumbing Contractor and will never retire..

My forum name CNUMB is a nickname given to me by my friends when we tournament fished for 10yrs.. Team Comfortably Numb, yea, sure you guessed a huge Pink Floyd fan.. We were a family team, Fished SKA in the southeast US.. now retired from that..

Anyway fell in love with Mopars back in the mid seventies, owned a 74 Challenger from 75 to 83, still wish I had her, have had many Dodge trucks and vans thru out the year.. Currently have a 2015 Ram 2500 crewcab Hemi as my daily driver..
Once you own one of those Challengers you never forget, so back in 2014 I started driving my wife somewhat crazy by looking at 1970-74 Challengers.. Spent 3 yrs looking and looking, just could not find anything worth pulling the trigger under 50K..and of course the wife's approval... So last October I told her I give up, I will probably just die an angry old man with no toys.. 2 weeks later my dealer I buy my work vehicles called to tell me about this new 2018 Challenger RT with 6 speed manual just showed up.. Well I told the wife time for a 106mile trip to my nice dodge dealership.. The car came back home with me that evening..I just drive it here and there to car shows... Now I am beginning my search for a 71 again ...Now that I found this site and what some of you can do with a trailer of parts and a car that looks like it is on its last set of rubber, I will need to start saving a few $$$$$.. Some of you all's work is Amazing!!!!

The first pic is a family pic from 1993, one of my favorites, a recent pic of me and the wife , the 74 I had, one of our best tournaments in Key West, and a car show the beginning of August with the 18 RT

Look forward to meeting some of you one day...

YellowThumper

Welcome in and thanks for the info.
Nice color on the 74. Looks familiar.
Mine started life flat hooded also.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: CNUMB on August 20, 2018, 01:32:59 PM

Anyway fell in love with Mopars back in the mid seventies, owned a 74 Challenger from 75 to 83, still wish I had her, have had many Dodge trucks and vans thru out the year.. Currently have a 2015 Ram 2500 crewcab Hemi as my daily driver..
Once you own one of those Challengers you never forget, so back in 2014 I started driving my wife somewhat crazy by looking at 1970-74 Challengers.. Spent 3 yrs looking and looking, just could not find anything worth pulling the trigger under 50K..and of course the wife's approval... So last October I told her I give up, I will probably just die an angry old man with no toys.. 2 weeks later my dealer I buy my work vehicles called to tell me about this new 2018 Challenger RT with 6 speed manual just showed up.. Well I told the wife time for a 106mile trip to my nice dodge dealership.. The car came back home with me that evening..I just drive it here and there to car shows... Now I am beginning my search for a 71 again ...Now that I found this site and what some of you can do with a trailer of parts and a car that looks like it is on its last set of rubber, I will need to start saving a few $$$$$.. Some of you all's work is Amazing!!!!

Look forward to meeting some of you one day...

Ahh, many of us know the pain of Challengeritis. It gets in the blood and never leaves.

I have to ask, how much are you loving that active exhaust on your 2018? Back in 2016, it wasn't available on anything less than a 6.4 liter engine.

Spikedog08

Wow some cool stories since my last visit here!  Welcome to all!  Please note everyone is welcome at our club meet in Carlisle PA at the MOPAR show!  There is a countdown to our annual meet on the front page!  It's a good chance to meet some of the great members here and attend the best MOPAR show out there anywhere!  Please put it in your calendars and plan to attend! 

:yes:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

kawahonda

My insurance would consider that collision. Prepare for the deductible. Aka, not worth it.

PDR does magic and probably around $100 you can get it resolved.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

chargerdon

First me.   I'm a retired IT manager/IT instructor/systems analyst.  Grew up in Western Pa, and then moved to NC in 2012.   Been married to my loving wife Cyndi for 44 yrs, and have 3 grandchildren that i'm close too.   Living off of mostly just SS and a small IRA.   So, i have to be careful with my money. 

I grew up with my Dad always owning Mopars.   Learned to drive in a 60 Dart Pioneer 318 poly, torqueflite, and manual everything.   It ran well.  Probably thats where my Mopar love came from.  Back then most families had full size cars with a base V*, and the 318 Poly easily outperformed a 283 chevy with powerglide, or a Ford Galaxie with 289.     

While a senior in HS, the 66 Charger came out, and local dealer had a red one with a Hemi in it !!   I stood in the showroom with a buddy falling in love and said some day, ill own one of these !

Then my first new car was a 1970 Challenger, slant 6, 3 sp manual, with PS...and bare bones.   Loved that car, even tho it was cursed...  Two ridiculous accidents in first two years of ownership.   First, while sitting at a gas pump, was hit on rear side...  Then while driving home one day from work, a 17 yr old with first day of his license, turned left from right hand only turn lane right in front of me.   There went the front end.    So traded it in later that summer on a new 72 Charger 318, auto with air.   Loved that car also, but i put 60K on it in two years and so traded it.   Wish i still had that one as well.

Many years later decided to get into a classic car and found on Ebay a 66 Charger 383 auto.. i didn't win the bid.  Two weeks later was contacted by the seller, who said she refused to sell the car to the winner, as he showed up with a truck and 3 buddys and was going to strip the car and sell for parts.   She backed out, and contacted me.   Ended up getting it for $2,000.   Car was complete but with tons of rust.   I remember when i started to tear it down, finding a street sign under the drivers carpeting, covering up the large rust hole in the floor.   But, with the wife's help did a "drivers" restore on it doing all of the work myself, except for overhauling the 727, and the final paint job.   No it wasnt a Hemi, but, a lively 383 4V.  One love down, one to go. 

Then, in 2015 i came across a 74 Challenger on craigslist.   Owner had invested around $12-$14K in it but had to sell as he lost his job.   He had it partially torn down for rebuild.   He wanted $9k..  i Bought it for $5K and i spent the next 2 years restoring it...  Doing all of the work myself including overhauling the 904 Torqueflite, but the final color and clear coat i had professionally done.   Then, i blew the built 360, and redid it with salvage yard block and made a 408 stroker.   Right now i'm finishing overhauling an A518 and getting everything ready to put it in. 

Mark_B

My name's Mark and I'm 47 and live in the UK.

I'm married to my lovely Wife Tamsin and have 3 kids, Maddy 21, Amelia 14 and Henry 12. 

I design furniture for a living.  My first proper job was working for the Sultan of Brunei running the design team and living in Borneo for a couple of years.  I designed furniture for his palaces in Brunei, Las Vegas, London and a couple of other places.

Then I moved back to the UK and worked for the Queen's Nephew, David Linley for 15 years as Head of Design.  I now work for a competitive company to Linley.

I've played guitar most of my life and still try to play as much as I can.

And I've been a car nut my whole life.  I used to own a Lotus Esprit Turbo for 15 years and loved it.  And also a 1972 Mustang Convertible for a couple of years which was great fun, but sold it to buy a 1969 Mach 1, which I've kept.

I bought the Challenger a couple of years ago and am enjoying that massively!  I used to have a Hot Wheels Dixie Challenger as a kid and have wanted one ever since. 

The Challenger is one hell of a car, goes like stink and looks just great.

Thanks for reading  :)

Mark
www.dodgechallenger.uk

70vert

I know it's quite old, but just seeing this thread and love it. So here's me:

My name is Rick Baker and I have a 70 Challenger Convertible (duh). I live in Houston TX, moved here in 1991 from Tulsa OK. I just retired last year (yes in the middle of a pandemic) and now split my time between car, yard/house work, and doing mission work with my Church.

I've been in to Mopars since 1973 when I bought a 69 Bronze Satellite my senior year of high school. I stuck with B-bodies for quite a while and drag raced several GTX's and even a '76 Volare RoadRunner. I bought a 70 Challenger RT off the back lot of dealership (they practically gave it to me as it barely ran) and have been E-bodies ever since. I've had several but now just have my Blue convertible which I also rescued, from a back yard in about '89. It's just a driver and not a show car. I go to some local meets and around town as much as possible.

This pic is my wife Beth and I about a year ago doing a drive-by birthday party for a kid we know. Blasting tunes!