Main Menu

Lets see your garage/shop/mancave

Started by Brads70, August 21, 2017, 04:55:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Chryco Psycho

Plumcrazy72

This is mine 20x25. Did everything myself, started last fall and finished closer to the end of winter then grass in the spring. Wouldn't have got it done nearly as fast if it wasn't for my 1 1/2 year old boy helping me.  :no:. But i loved every minute of it. Some long days and nights working a full day at work then coming home and working on this until I could no longer see. 

my helper

1972 340 PCP
2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad
2020 Ram Rebel

Plumcrazy72

Here are some more pictures. I need to get take some final pictures still of it all done with tools in place and such. Hung a fire truck light bar up above the bar (being thats what I do). 

Next Day after a hockey party  :drinkingbud:

Challenger has its own wall colour matched with a multi coloured led tape light.

My son cleaning his cummins truck in the shop, hes just as picky as i am about keeping his vehicles clean and hes now only 2!

I need to get some final pictures of the inside and outside.
After i put sod down
1972 340 PCP
2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad
2020 Ram Rebel

HP_Cuda

Great touch with the bar. I know I could have used it several times with my build.

Love the pic of your 2yr old cleaning his truck.  :ohyeah:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

CudaMoparRay

{quote}I need to get some final pictures of the inside and outside.
After i put sod down{quote}

Extremely well done congratulations to you

Cuda Cody

Nicely build shop.   :yes:  Very well done.

truckinman466

My refuge from Harvey. It's given me time to get the front floor cut out. New one in tomorrow

Biffielube

Here's mine , 30x30 2 bays with a lift. Also have a separate bay on lower level of house that the Cuda
stays in most of the time.
Cuda Cody you have a very nice set up as do many others on here.

Jay Bee

It's more like a 10 X 20 shed with hydro (but no heat). Not even enough room on the property to build a bigger one. Divorce sux! For comparison, the last picture is what she ended up with. At least my car's out of the elements.

1 Wild R/T

So for the past year we've been looking at ranchettes, I'd love to find something in the .5-.8 acre range, big enough but not taking all my time for maintenance.... Found a few, somehow it hasn't worked out, recently we found a 1.1 acre piece of bare land, Well & Power on site, it was a home in the 50's-2000 time frame, the house has been leveled... I can buy it right, started looking at building.... Mostly looked promising but couldn't seem to get a straight answer from the county building dept about fees.... Most of the contractors I spoke to seemed to think it wasn't an issue.... Wound up talking to a neighbor who's brother had gone this route a few years ago....He called his brother Jim up & Jim took the time to come talk about the experience.....  Between interesting special fees....

Affordable Housing Fee     $17,986
School Mitigation Fee          $9,465
Traffic Mitigation               $10,358
Driveway Encroachment    $18,466
Septic Permit                     $5,427
Well Permit                        $1,650  Well is already there so this may not apply
Fire Sprinkler Permit           $1,225   Required since 2010  but wait till later to see where this goes
Tech Enhancement Fee            $48
Address Assignment                $75
Plan Administration Fee      $1,105
Green Building Fee               $655
Building Permit                  $6,575
Plan Check                        $3,355
Landscape Plan Check          $393

That's almost $77,000 & I haven't stuck a shoe in the dirt yet...

And then there's this... Remember that Fire Sprinkler Permit?.....   Well Since 2010 California has required Fire Sprinklers.... Honestly, if you live in town
& can connect to City Water it's probably a good idea though it does add to the cost of a new home.....
However if you live in the country & your water comes from a well.....  You can't support a sprinkler system that flows 200 GPM with a well that supplies 10 GPM

A 2000 sq ft home is required to have a water storage capacity sufficient to supply 200 GPM for 30 minutes..... Now if you have vaulted ceilings that goes up to 260 GPM for 30 minutes.. So about 7800 gallons.... Plus a isolated pump & plumbing....

Oh, wait.. You want a 1800 Sq Ft "Storage" building too?   Well those are a high fire risk so instead of .1 gallon of water per sq ft you need .2... And here's sloped roof so add 30%, Oh, it space isn't heated? Then you need a dry system, add 30%  So for your shop you'll need an additional 18,250 gallons.....

I haven't bothered to get prices for any of this since it all has to be approved as fire fighting equipment you know it won't be cheap...  I'm sure it'll be well past the $23,000 left to have $100K into the project without having bought a single part for the house of my choosing

Your Dream Home has now become a nightmare......   I gotta get outta California....

RzeroB

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on September 05, 2017, 02:37:39 PM

Affordable Housing Fee     $17,986
School Mitigation Fee          $9,465
Traffic Mitigation               $10,358
Driveway Encroachment    $18,466
Septic Permit                     $5,427
Well Permit                        $1,650  Well is already there so this may not apply
Fire Sprinkler Permit           $1,225   Required since 2010  but wait till later to see where this goes
Tech Enhancement Fee            $48
Address Assignment                $75
Plan Administration Fee      $1,105
Green Building Fee               $655
Building Permit                  $6,575
Plan Check                        $3,355
Landscape Plan Check          $393

That's almost $77,000 & I haven't stuck a shoe in the dirt yet...

:unbelievable:  Geez! That's just whacked!  :verymad:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

This was how the garage looked in 2006/early2007......2 years after I got the challenger...........I will update soon..........OK........some more recent pics..........at the bottom............I still have some headliner work to do as the drivers side material has came loose from the hardboard.........and still working with the Carb.......just haven't had a lot of time recently........
As you can see, I do a little Coca Cola collecting..........the truck on the wall worked out well for hauling my hardware!!  I got lucky several times.......

Cuda Cody

I don't know how some people do it down there.  The prices are out of control.

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on September 05, 2017, 02:37:39 PM
I gotta get outta California....