Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

340challconvert

Quote from: Brads70 on January 28, 2024, 12:15:48 PMI tried my hand and creating a 1/18 scale version of my car. Today I assembled the rims and tried them on for a test fit.
Cool
You are doing what I was thinking about doing. I have die cast Challenger convertibles; thinking about converting one into a model of my Y1 A66 vert w black interior. I have a 1/24 Maisto Challenger RT vert die cast but with a shaker hood. Has anyone know of a 1/24 Challenger model with a bulge hood that I could possible use in my conversion? 

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Dmod1974

Got these bad boys welded in before we move and I'm stuck cramming all of my crap into a small garage for a bit until we build a big detached one.  I ordered these USCT inner frame rail reinforcements on sale while my car was getting painted.  As much as I hate cutting/welding on fresh paint, once I epoxy prime, topcoat, clear coat, and finally, undercoat nobody will know the difference.  That, and I need all of the chassis strength I can get!  I also finished my center console template so I'll be cutting the pieces out of wood soon too.

Brads70

Quote from: 340challconvert on February 09, 2024, 04:19:33 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on January 28, 2024, 12:15:48 PMI tried my hand and creating a 1/18 scale version of my car. Today I assembled the rims and tried them on for a test fit.
Cool
You are doing what I was thinking about doing. I have die cast Challenger convertibles; thinking about converting one into a model of my Y1 A66 vert w black interior. I have a 1/24 Maisto Challenger RT vert die cast but with a shaker hood. Has anyone know of a 1/24 Challenger model with a bulge hood that I could possible use in my conversion? 

Spendy but found this? :bigmoney:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/204190332415

Or this one   https://www.ebay.ca/itm/144302453100
I have this set if you need any close up pictures.

blown motor

I blew a header gasket on the Charger last fall. This morning we replaced it. Old one is pictured.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

7212Mopar

I finished installing a rear view mirror backup camera yesterday. It has 4K resolution front and 2K rear. The rear view now is fairly wide and I can see left and right blind spot behind me. If I turned it off, it acts like a conventional rear view mirror except it has a bigger view since the mirror is 12" wide. Overall I like it. Easier than turning the head and shoulder changing lanes but of course I will still do that. The only drawback is the evening sun shine through the car, the screen can be wash off quite a bit even at max brightness. The solution would be to turn it off and use it as a mirror. Have not done night driving yet to see how it works.

Ps, I mounted the camera below the bumper where the license plate night was mounted. I fab a steel plate to allow mounting both.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Dakota

Quote from: 7212Mopar on February 11, 2024, 11:53:33 AMI finished installing a rear view mirror backup camera yesterday. It has 4K resolution front and 2K rear. The rear view now is fairly wide and I can see left and right blind spot behind me. If I turned it off, it acts like a conventional rear view mirror except it has a bigger view since the mirror is 12" wide. Overall I like it. Easier than turning the head and shoulder changing lanes but of course I will still do that. The only drawback is the evening sun shine through the car, the screen can be wash off quite a bit even at max brightness. The solution would be to turn it off and use it as a mirror. Have not done night driving yet to see how it works.

Ps, I mounted the camera below the bumper where the license plate night was mounted. I fab a steel plate to allow mounting both.
Quote from: 7212Mopar on February 11, 2024, 11:53:33 AMI finished installing a rear view mirror backup camera yesterday. It has 4K resolution front and 2K rear. The rear view now is fairly wide and I can see left and right blind spot behind me. If I turned it off, it acts like a conventional rear view mirror except it has a bigger view since the mirror is 12" wide. Overall I like it. Easier than turning the head and shoulder changing lanes but of course I will still do that. The only drawback is the evening sun shine through the car, the screen can be wash off quite a bit even at max brightness. The solution would be to turn it off and use it as a mirror. Have not done night driving yet to see how it works.

@7212Mopar can you post more details on this set up?  Which kit did you use?  Very interesting.

7212Mopar

The kit I installed is bought from Amazon, WOLFBOX G900 Rear View Mirror Camera, Mirror Dash Cam 4K Front and 2.5K Rear, Smart Full 12" Touch Screen, Backup Camera for Car, GPS, WDR, Night Vision, Free 64GB Card. I think this is their newest. Similar model but with 1080P rear camera and 4K front is half the price. It display direction heading, speed using the GPS sensor. It can monitor the car 24/7 to record tampering and has built in G sensor to record accident. It suppose to monitor battery power and turn itself completely off. Best to put the car on battery tender when the car is not use.

Install is straight forward. I fab a plate to mount the license plate light and bolt the plate to the original bumper location. The plate provided the room for me to mount the camera (double sided tape). I ran the wire through one of the rubber grommet at the trunk pan and follow the trunk wiring harness pathway to the front. The GPS sensor is stick on the dash but you can run it toward the engine bay if you want. Not sure if signal will be ok. The rest is splice to accessory power and battery power. I use their optional add on hard wire kit ($20) for power but the camera comes with a cigarette lighter power USB3 cable. The mirror itself is just strapped onto the existing mirror with rubber strap that comes with the kit. They do make a kit to accept the new mirror and mount to the windshield. You can then remove the factory mirror. I chose not to do that. I also use a splice connector to connect the rear camera sensing wire to the factory brake light wire and get the back up parking guidelines like new cars. Everything is reversable. If you search Youtube, there is a lot of install videos.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

usraptor

Finally finished up buttoning up the exhaust and rear valance after having to R&R the 4-speed trans to have the input bearing and shift shaft seals replaced.  So all my winter projects are done: installed Power steering kit from Bergman Auto Craft; removed old school slapper bars and installed CalVert Cal Tracks traction bars and although I didn't intend on doing a R & R of trans to replace shifter shaft seals, ending up doing so and found that the input bearing was trashed, which was weird because it didn't make any nosie.  Anyway, off to trans shop for a new input bearing and they also installed the Brewer's gasket and seal kit I had purchased.  Reasonable bill of $238.  In addition to removing the drive shaft, I had to drop the TTI 3" exhaust and rear valance to remove trans.  Finally got drive shaft, linkage, shifter, exhaust and valance reinstalled.  Fired up the engine, got it warm and also did an oil change.  Now it's time to clean off a half inch of dust and put the cover back on and wait for spring.   :banana:

soundcontrol

Quote from: Dmod1974 on February 09, 2024, 05:33:35 PMGot these bad boys welded in before we move and I'm stuck cramming all of my crap into a small garage for a bit until we build a big detached one.  I ordered these USCT inner frame rail reinforcements on sale while my car was getting painted.  As much as I hate cutting/welding on fresh paint, once I epoxy prime, topcoat, clear coat, and finally, undercoat nobody will know the difference.  That, and I need all of the chassis strength I can get!  I also finished my center console template so I'll be cutting the pieces out of wood soon too.

Nice, I have been thinking about reinforcing my cars just there, seems like a weak point on e-bodies.

blown motor

It was Power Wagon afternoon. Glued the handle back on the the rear sliding window, haven't tested it yet. Also put a new antenna on. Bit of a pain but I got it. Willie and Johnny kept me company.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Dmod1974

Quote from: soundcontrol on February 14, 2024, 02:41:44 PM
Quote from: Dmod1974 on February 09, 2024, 05:33:35 PMGot these bad boys welded in before we move and I'm stuck cramming all of my crap into a small garage for a bit until we build a big detached one.  I ordered these USCT inner frame rail reinforcements on sale while my car was getting painted.  As much as I hate cutting/welding on fresh paint, once I epoxy prime, topcoat, clear coat, and finally, undercoat nobody will know the difference.  That, and I need all of the chassis strength I can get!  I also finished my center console template so I'll be cutting the pieces out of wood soon too.

Nice, I have been thinking about reinforcing my cars just there, seems like a weak point on e-bodies.

Yeah, the only thing I don't have on my car are the new USCT inner rocker reinforcement panels simply because they didn't exist when I was doing my metal work.  Which sucks because I had replaced both outers and one inner rocker so I could have welded those beefy pieces in and made the car super rigid.  Too late now!

These fit pretty good out of the gate and the price was right.  Allegedly they help with front end shudder with coilover suspension in particular.  I haven't experienced that at all and I have some pretty high spring rates to carry that Hellcrate engine- all I feel is some tire flat spotting when cold for the first mile or two and after that it goes away, and these won't fix that.  Either way, they can only help and I had them on hand already.

Here they are fully installed and finished.  They'll blend in just fine when dry now that they are undercoated again.

Challenger in NC

After almost 2 years of debating on what to do with my rear seat, I decided to strip them down and rebuild them. The upper seat is the original cover which I cleaned and resprayed. The lower was a replacement which had no listing pockets so I had to sew those on, this was a nightmare because my wife's sewing machine just wouldn't do the job very well (or probably I don't know how to set up the machine properly). I never want to do this again  :tired:

soundcontrol

Quote from: Dmod1974 on February 14, 2024, 07:40:12 PMYeah, the only thing I don't have on my car are the new USCT inner rocker reinforcement panels simply because they didn't exist when I was doing my metal work.  Which sucks because I had replaced both outers and one inner rocker so I could have welded those beefy pieces in and made the car super rigid.  Too late now!

Did not know about those, gotta check that out. It's a convertible so there is another heavy reinforcement inside the rocker, maybe I don't need more? Thanks for the tip!

soundcontrol

Very OT, sorry......
This is me 1961 (I'm the little one)
Does anyone know what kinda car that is?
My dad don't remember, he said it might have been a Ford  :D

RUNCHARGER

56ish Mercury. IMO one of the best looking of the mid 50's cars.
Sheldon