Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

soundcontrol

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 17, 2024, 06:07:26 AM56ish Mercury. IMO one of the best looking of the mid 50's cars.

Thanks! I was Googling all kinds of 50's cars but did't find it.
It's a 55, when comparing the trim etc.
I called my dad and told him, he had no idea, had so many cars back then he said :)

1970 cuda Joe

I took delivery on mine. All looks good. Needs a little tuning but it only has 25 miles since completed....Joe
1970 cuda 440-6, 4 speed NOM. Moulin Rouge

7E-Bodies

Stripped off (easily) the fragments of factory glue and insulation on the ceiling of the 70. Got to tell you, I never knew how much I needed a rotisserie until I pulled the trigger on one a few years ago. I'm definitely sold on being able to stand up inside of an E. After crawling around 8 other Challengers through the years, I'm in awe.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

blown motor

Pulled the front wheels to check the brakes pads and greased it while things were easy to get at.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

YellowThumper

Banging, hammering, welding and fitting.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

chargerdon

Going to an early spring cruise in.   Should be between 75-100 cars there with temps in mid 50's.   Great fun..   

Dmod1974

Starting to fab up a custom center console for this pig.  Not a lot of real estate in these cars to begin with, and even less so with a Tremec Magnum under it, but I think everything will fit.  My plan is for it to sweep up to the dash and include a touchscreen head unit flush mounted in the stack with 6.5" speakers on each side using the factory center console mounting points.  It'll also have cup holders, a wireless charging pad, several other charging/input ports, and a storage compartment that still uses the original lock.  Inside will be a couple of ports and a light.

I'm probably going to stop at foam wrapping and have someone else cover it - I'm not learning how to sew anytime soon.  Learning how to bend plywood with kerf cuts and other woodworking skills I've never used is enough for me to stay busy.

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

I spent like 3 hours cleaning up my garage looking for the decal stripe kit I know I bought for the Challenger as I hope in a month or so I will need when it comes back from paint.I'm somewhat embarrassed to say my 3x8 workbench was at least 18" high with parts and "crap" from the last 25 years or more. Found lots of tools I knew I had but no decal kit yet..... I do have a garbage can full and a ton of nuts and bolts I currently don't have a need for. I really need another tool box but just do not have the room for one in that garage! Next up a large parts shelf..... the search continues
 :-[ 

Edit:   Found the decals! :)

dodj

Quote from: Brads70 on March 06, 2024, 11:41:56 AMI spent like 3 hours cleaning up my garage looking for the decal stripe kit I know I bought for the Challenger as I hope in a month or so I will need when it comes back from paint.I'm somewhat embarrassed to say my 3x8 workbench was at least 18" high with parts and "crap" from the last 25 years or more. Found lots of tools I knew I had but no decal kit yet..... I do have a garbage can full and a ton of nuts and bolts I currently don't have a need for. I really need another tool box but just do not have the room for one in that garage! Next up a large parts shelf..... the search continues
That back yard garage not planned out just yet?

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

Quote from: dodj on March 06, 2024, 02:54:10 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on March 06, 2024, 11:41:56 AMI spent like 3 hours cleaning up my garage looking for the decal stripe kit I know I bought for the Challenger as I hope in a month or so I will need when it comes back from paint.I'm somewhat embarrassed to say my 3x8 workbench was at least 18" high with parts and "crap" from the last 25 years or more. Found lots of tools I knew I had but no decal kit yet..... I do have a garbage can full and a ton of nuts and bolts I currently don't have a need for. I really need another tool box but just do not have the room for one in that garage! Next up a large parts shelf..... the search continues
That back yard garage not planned out just yet?

Oh it's been " planned out/designed" for a long time, just enjoy being debt free and with the current interest rates now might not be the best timing. Its killing me though! Might move instead..... We have had developers poking around asking if we would sell. My son came over for dinner tonight, came out in the garage did a double take at the workbench and said wow I have never seen that before! Ever!

dodj

Ya..I built my 26'x40' garage in the early 90's for $15k. Including concrete, insulation, sheet metal roof, finished inside. I think I was complaining 2x6x10's were 3 bucks each or something like that.
Price to build now must be crazy.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70

Body shop just sent me a picture  and said trunk pans almost finished.  :twothumbsup:

jimynick

LOL, Brad, I've been in your garage and may I take this opportunity to offer my congratulations?! How's the AMC coming along?  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Brads70

Quote from: jimynick on March 11, 2024, 07:16:22 PMLOL, Brad, I've been in your garage and may I take this opportunity to offer my congratulations?! How's the AMC coming along?  :wave:
Kinda held up wiring the Javelin. All the welding fab is done, just need to assemble interior and rewire.