Main Menu

70 N code Cuda

Started by Lilian, July 06, 2017, 04:26:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Lilian

cut, cut and later rebuild !!

anlauto

You even cut the cat out of the picture :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Nice job!  Coming along very really good.

soundcontrol

Nice job, very cool car! I'm at the same stage now, just about ready to start welding the quarter skins on.

Chryco Psycho

Great job , bit by bit !!

Lilian

still needs more cutting !!

outer wheelhousing, trunk drop offs, driver side floor pan, rear driver side floor pan and maybe taillight panel

RUNCHARGER

It looks better than most though.
Sheldon

Lilian

I have not updated for quite a long time

we ended cutting most of the rear sheetmetal, and the roof to work on the inner structure. and then welding back some new metal !!

i will sand the rest of the cuda to bare metal and then epoxy primed the body and wait as I save money to order full quarters and a new roof.

RUNCHARGER

You'll end up with a nice finished product. I hate to think of the cost of those parts over there.
Sheldon

Lilian

It costed me around $3500 to import a partial front floor, a pair of outer wheelhouses, tail panel, dutch panel, trunk extensions, trunk floor and some small brackets and reinforcement parts.
and i bought only Goodmark brand to save a little, The Dutch panel is from AMD as will be roof and full quarters.

so far we had little issues with the panels they fit quite well but we will see with the outer panels, probably lots of work to make them fit !!

for the trunk floor (Goodmark), I paid twice the part price in shipping, import taxes and vat   :'( :'(: = gotta love this cuda when done !!

soundcontrol

Quote from: Lilian on June 05, 2018, 11:43:10 PM
It costed me around $3500 to import a partial front floor, a pair of outer wheelhouses, tail panel, dutch panel, trunk extensions, trunk floor and some small brackets and reinforcement parts.
and i bought only Goodmark brand to save a little, The Dutch panel is from AMD as will be roof and full quarters.

so far we had little issues with the panels they fit quite well but we will see with the outer panels, probably lots of work to make them fit !!

for the trunk floor (Goodmark), I paid twice the part price in shipping, import taxes and vat   :'( :'(: = gotta love this cuda when done !!

Seems like a lot. How much of that was shipping and taxes? I got 2 AMD quarter skins and a trunk floor from Roseville a while ago, cost me $1250 total when arrived in Sweden. Total cost from Roseville was 1048, including US shipping charges.

Lilian

oups made a typo, cost was $2500 with all taxes paid

I probably made the error to look for the best prices rather than place a large order and shiiping killed me !!

ha ve to try Roseville for the full quarters and roof.

most of my parts came from summit and rockauto

soundcontrol

People that ships cars can usually take your parts in the same container for a small fee. Thats how I ship parts that are big and that I don't need fast, the quarter panels and trunk floor took 4 months from order to arrival, but overseas shipping was cheap.

RUNCHARGER

Yes: If you don't live in the USA you really have to love these cars to build them.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Incredible amount of work to build this Cuda  :bradsthumb: