Main Menu

Filling in engine​ bay holes

Started by nsmall, April 03, 2017, 12:43:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

The following pictures are on the passenger side.  Everywhere I have a sticky note with an arrow I was planning on filling in these holes.  Am I making a mistake by plugging any of those holes?

I'm going to delete the windshield washer unit. Am I correct in labeling the line with the square sticking note?

Thanks!!!

nsmall

Driverside.

Let me know if I need to take more photos. I was just trying to get the major ones plugged that will make the engine bay look better.

I had to take the photo of the radiator support on the other side vs the passenger side pic.

Thanks folks

soundcontrol

I'm doing exactly that right now, check out this thread, it has all the factory holes labeled with pictures, helped me a lot:

https://forum.e-bodies.org/reference-material/18/e-body-hole-locations-firewall-door-interior-ect/303/

I see you have a lot of extra holes, non factory. Are you planning on ever using a stock AC heaterbox?

GoodysGotaCuda

If you number your stickies, it may help us, help you. :alan2cents:
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

nsmall

Not using the stock AC box.  I have the heater box area on the firewall figured out besides being confident about the holes numbered 1-7 on the attached pic.

I'm going back to a non AC firewall and will use a template to match that up.

soundcontrol

1 AC evaporator pipes
2 For Heater hoses
3 and 5 mounting holes for the heater box
4 drain - blower motor
6 AC vacuum grommet
7 Drain for the AC

On mine, I'm welding all those up, but probably not the big fan hole.

nsmall

I numbered them.  I'm not looking to go stock....I just want to clean up the engine bay.

Driver's side

nsmall

Passenger side

soundcontrol

26,28 is for the fendertag
24, 25, 27, 29, 31 is for wiring clips

the other ones, I don't know.

Added pictures while I was typing,
12-16  2 of those might be washer bottle, and the horns are located there, but the holes seems to be in the wrong place for horns?

Looking again, and comparing to mine, no, the stock holes for the horns are not there.

soundcontrol

My passenger side, all the circled ones, I will fill, the double holes are the stock horn locations.

nsmall

@soundcontrol

Will plug 12-16

As for the fender tag...THANKS.  This is why I am doing this, forgot about that, will leave 26 and 28.

As for "24, 25, 27, 29, 31 is for wiring clips"  Will probably delete all but one of those.

Thanks

nsmall

I haven't seen much feedback so I guess I'm "all good" for plugging all the holes besides the fender tag?

How about these holes???? I'm planning to delete them too unless I'm making a mistake?

Thanks

nsmall

Okay I found the link that has all the holes identified so no reason to help me....I got this now!!!  Thanks

soundcontrol

I'm filling mine on the radiator support also. I think I will have to drill some new ones here and there since my install is all custom and I really don't know how I'm gonna route AC lines, hoses and wiring yet.

soundcontrol

I'm done with the holes now, check my resto thread for the last picture. (link below) I left some wire clip holes, and the factory holes in the radiator support.