Main Menu

New here but had 70 Challenger project 30 years

Started by RTSE70, January 22, 2024, 04:39:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RTSE70

Greetings from Idaho. I bought two 70 Challengers from a Texas junk yard 30 years ago. I did the minimum to make one from the two that was legal and fast, figuring I'd get around to finishing someday. Looks like that day has finally come and I'll be looking for advise and parts to progress. Looks like you have a lot of both here.

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada:  and congrats on the urge that you had those 30 years ago; because believe me now, you sure as hell paid peanuts compared to what those would cost today. Good luck on your restoration!!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

usraptor

:welcome: from Utah to the best Mopar site.  You'll get plently of friendly and helpful advised from the members here.  :banana:

cudamadd

Welcome it's fantastic that you still have the challenger. Looking forward to see your process  :cheers:  :australia:

7212Mopar

:welcome: More pictures please. So do you still have two or just one now?
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

RusTy/SE

Welcome from Alabama. The one from two appears to be an R/T SE from the picture?

You'll find the right answers here, likely from experience.

Btw, nice license plate...  :bigthumb:
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

Dakota

Welcome from Ft Worth, TX.  Best of luck on your build.   There's lots of help available here.   

tparker

Welcome. I am just "finishing" up mine that I parked in 91. By finishing, I mean almost ready to drive around the block. Lots more to do, but the big things are done. Good luck on yours. Hopefully we can help. I got a lot of it on here.

340challconvert

:welcome: to the site
Great that you are finally able to start working on your Challengers.
I do miss the days when you could go to a wrecking yard and e bodies and other Mopars were there in larger numbers just for the picking! Glad you picked up your two!
Good luck with your project.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

soundcontrol

Welcome from Sweden!  :sweden:
I'm only 8 years into mine so I got a lot of time to finish  :D

7E-Bodies

I'm restoring a 70 U code (for the rest of my life) as we speak. Welcome from Illinois. Great group and plenty of help here.
 :waving:
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

RTSE70

Had I known they would one day have value, I would have kept them both. Notice Panther Pink heater delete. It is JS29, RT SE, 383, pistol grip, leather.

EV2RTSE

NICE car. Can't be more than a handful built like that!

Green_horn

Hi and welcome. I bought my Challenger 27 years ago in Spokane WA. A long, long personal restoration done by me finally getting paint last year (by me).

I hear you brother.